skobabe8
08-14-2004, 09:31 PM
So says Rob Neyer:

http://proxy.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=neyer_rob&id=1858708
Could you sum it up? I dont get ESPN Insider. :smile:

munchman33
08-14-2004, 09:39 PM
Could you sum it up? I dont get ESPN Insider. :smile:
White Sox unluckiest team in baseball, based on run differential and loss of players to injuries. Runner up was Arizona.

Tom Glavine was the unluckiest pitcher, with Brandon Webb the runner up.

The most unlucky hitter was Derek Jeter, with no runner up (kinda odd).

skobabe8
08-14-2004, 09:44 PM
White Sox unluckiest team in baseball, based on run differential and loss of players to injuries. Runner up was Arizona.

Thanks! I thought it was "Unluckiest in history", which we are as well.

Nard
08-14-2004, 09:45 PM
I'd say that's pretty accurate.

Hell, look at the game tonight. How many hard line drives were incidentally hit straight to a defender tonight? It was ridiculous.

batmanZoSo
08-14-2004, 10:46 PM

So our runs scored/runs surrendered would dictate a much better record than we have? I'll believe that. I'm sure those god damn twins have given up as much or more than they've scored yet they're there in first. I don't know how far you can use unlucky though. We're just not clutch. We pile on runs when they're not needed.

Huisj
08-14-2004, 11:24 PM
So our runs scored/runs surrendered would dictate a much better record than we have? I'll believe that. I'm sure those god damn twins have given up as much or more than they've scored yet they're there in first. I don't know how far you can use unlucky though. We're just not clutch. We pile on runs when they're not needed.
ok, call it luck, whatever. i think it has to do more with the offensice inconsistencies of the team than luck. the team is built on guys who hit lots of homers and not lots of singles and walks. that's what causes the inconsistency, and that's whay causes the record to not be as good as "predicted"