PDA

View Full Version : Saturday's Winning Pick to Click

Daver
08-14-2004, 08:44 PM
Tied the game and kept the Sox in it.

:manos

Why the hell did Ozzie pull Garland out of the game?

Gimm
08-14-2004, 09:00 PM
No way Valentin should be selected over Lee - or even Everett who had two doubles plus two hard line-outs.

The selection "process" makes no sense.

Soxzilla
08-14-2004, 09:02 PM
No way Valentin should be selected over Lee - or even Everett who had two doubles plus two hard line-outs.

Shut up. Seriously.

Jjav829
08-14-2004, 09:03 PM

Then don't bother playing or reading the threads to see who the winner is. Or start your own site and start your own PTC game. Your choice.

PaleHoseGeorge
08-14-2004, 09:04 PM

Risking elephant shot simply to collect on a case of Hamm's... tsk tsk...

:cool:

:beer

CWSGuy406
08-14-2004, 09:04 PM

Here's some tissue, cry some more. :whiner:

Daver
08-14-2004, 09:12 PM

Disputes with the umpire are generally settled by means of a duel, elephant guns at a thousand paces.

What day can I pencil you in for?

OurBitchinMinny
08-14-2004, 09:14 PM
Hes probably just mad you didnt pick rowand after his brilliant game tonight.

Jurr
08-14-2004, 09:16 PM
By the way, the reason Garland was probably pulled had to have been arm fatigue. He had only gone on three days rest. Can't burn 'em out if you're going to go to a four man rotation. Yeah, you can say that you can't benefit from a four man rotation if your bullpen sucks. But, if Marte was in, we most likely wouldn't be sitting here pissed right now.

OurBitchinMinny
08-14-2004, 09:18 PM
marte would have walked ortiz. All that guy does is walk people in pressure situations. Although a walk would have been better than a fastball down the middle from adkins

beckett21
08-14-2004, 10:54 PM
Totally Biased Game Recap: Out-Soxed

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4&id=2634

:(:

Gimm
08-14-2004, 10:57 PM
Then don't bother playing or reading the threads to see who the winner is.
Actually, I haven't played this game once. As far as not reading the thread, you and others have a choice to follow your own advice and not read MY posts. Highly recommend.

Or start your own site and start your own PTC game. Your choice.

It's also my choice to call arbitrary BS picks - just that.

Gimm
08-14-2004, 11:01 PM
By the way, the reason Garland was probably pulled had to have been arm fatigue.
I am sure that had something to do with Garland throwing 108 pitches - already above his year average.

Can't say I disagree with the decision either, bad BP and all. If Sox have a little more luck in the early innings with all those line-drives, the score is at least 6-3 and we hang on to win, probably by 6-5 score. Oh well.

Jjav829
08-14-2004, 11:02 PM
It's also my choice to call arbitrary BS picks - just that.The whole game is arbitrary! That's the point of it. There is no statistic or value that determines who is the winner. The PTC judge determines the winner based on his judgment and that's it. It's just a game.

Daver
08-14-2004, 11:06 PM
Disputes with the umpire are generally settled by means of a duel, elephant guns at a thousand paces.

What day can I pencil you in for?

So when are you going back up your whining?

Gimm
08-14-2004, 11:12 PM
The whole game is arbitrary! That's the point of it. There is statistic or value that determines who is the winner. The PTC judge determines the winner based on his judgment and that's it. It's just a game.
So if Dave felt that Jon Adkins was the PTC because he looked sexy, er, clutch - clutch! - as he rung Manny up on 3 pitches in the 8th, then Adkins would be the PTC?

See, I thought picking PTC was not unlike picking most valuable player of the game. Apparently I was wrong. My bad. :cool:

Gimm
08-14-2004, 11:16 PM
So when are you going back up your whining?You know, you flatter yourself entirely too much. Pretty funny, actually.

"Can you take me hiiiiiiigher....." :redneck

WinningUgly!
08-14-2004, 11:19 PM
So if Dave felt that Jon Adkins was the PTC because he looked sexy, er, clutch - clutch! - as he rung Manny up on 3 pitches in the 8th, then Adkins would be the PTC?

See, I thought picking PTC was not unlike picking most valuable player of the game. Apparently I was wrong. My bad. :cool:
Learn the rules & quit your bitchin'. (http://whitesoxinteractive.com/MainPages/PTCprimer.htm)

Brian26
08-14-2004, 11:20 PM
Ouch.

Daver
08-14-2004, 11:23 PM
You know, you flatter yourself entirely too much. Pretty funny, actually.

Bad move.

Brian26
08-14-2004, 11:24 PM
Bad move.
:hawk

"He Gawn"

owensmouth
08-15-2004, 01:30 AM
I'd still like to know why you need a scope on an elephant gun???