PDA

View Full Version : Despite our best efforts, we are still in this thing

NonetheLoaiza
08-14-2004, 11:55 AM
This may be the most obvious post in the world, but we are still in this thing. We aren't out by a long shot. 4 games back with a surging Cleveland team taking on first place Minnesota. Cleveland has Texas, Minnesota again, the Yanks, and our Sox before this month even closes out. Their schedule in September doesnt get a whole lot easier as they face Anaheim, Seattle, and Oakland (Seattle may look terrible, but they are capable of doing some damage). Also, as we may all know, Minnesota doesnt have an easy schedule either.

With our offense starting to come back around, the only question is the rotation. Here's to hoping for consistant offense and the 4 man rotation.

SOXROX02
08-14-2004, 12:34 PM
Hear Hear! :gulp: (Coke, not beer :tongue: )

kojak
08-14-2004, 03:38 PM
Indeed, if the Tribe sweeps this weekend and we follow suit, you are talking about the Sox being 2 back of the Twinks and Injuns. A tall order, but stranger things have happened...

OzzieBall2004
08-14-2004, 05:36 PM
Indeed, if the Tribe sweeps this weekend and we follow suit, you are talking about the Sox being 2 back of the Twinks and Injuns. A tall order, but stranger things have happened...

Kojak, Ive been saying this all week. Although, I have my doubts about a strong Garland outing tonight. Before we scored all those runs on tuesday, he was making me bite my nails...and that was against KC. However, if he can come through today, and the offense follows suit against Schilling (another tall order), Im confident about tommorows game with Buehrle going.

Cleveland has the advantage again tonight with Westbrook going against Lohse and everybody on Minny except Morneau struggling at the plate.

rwcescato
08-14-2004, 06:41 PM
One note, Sundays game will be rained out. They are either going to have to move to a night game or maybe Monday if both teams are off. The Hurricane Charley will be sitting right over them.
Rich
As I speak Tribe 4-0 over Twins. Lets win this one and get closer. Its not over yet.

batmanZoSo
08-14-2004, 07:15 PM
One note, Sundays game will be rained out. They are either going to have to move to a night game or maybe Monday if both teams are off. The Hurricane Charley will be sitting right over them.
Rich
As I speak Tribe 4-0 over Twins. Lets win this one and get closer. Its not over yet.
Hurricane Charlie is the least of Boston's worries. Watch out for Hurricane Shingo!

mike squires
08-15-2004, 11:31 AM
Remember that 90' season when we were 6 or 7 games back of Oakland. I told myself, "we are still in this thing." Remember the mid 90's when we would always be 4 or 5 games back of Cleveland? I would tell myself, "we are still in this thing!" Is there a chance? yes. Will we win it? No.

JB98
08-15-2004, 11:44 AM
Remember that 90' season when we were 6 or 7 games back of Oakland. I told myself, "we are still in this thing." Remember the mid 90's when we would always be 4 or 5 games back of Cleveland? I would tell myself, "we are still in this thing!" Is there a chance? yes. Will we win it? No.
I agree. We are fooling ourselves if we think we can win with a four-man rotation and a weak bullpen. Like many seasons in recent memory, we're so close, but just not good enough to get over the hump.