PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland

pczarapa
08-13-2004, 11:38 PM
There's no way in hell they can keep up their current torrid pace, I just hope they can last through the weekend. They're 9-2 over their past 11 games and we need to buckle down and hold off the Bosox. I'm predicting us 3 off the pace after the weekend with a whole lot of baseball to play.

OEO Magglio
08-13-2004, 11:41 PM
There's no way in hell they can keep up their current torrid pace, I just hope they can last through the weekend. They're 9-2 over their past 11 games and we need to buckle down and hold off the Bosox. I'm predicting us 3 off the pace after the weekend with a whole lot of baseball to play.If the sox can get to within 3 back by the end of the weekend they're in great shape.

OEO Magglio
08-13-2004, 11:51 PM
I know people are tired of hearing about tough scheduling for our opponents but Clevelands upcoming schedule is absolutely brutal. After the twins this weekend this is how their schedule looks: at tex, at minny, vs NY, vs cws, at NY, vs ana, at sea, at oak.:o:

oeo
08-13-2004, 11:53 PM
I hope Cleveland does play well this weekend, if they sweep, they have first place and if we sweep the BoSox, we're only 2 back from both Minny and Cleveland. Cleveland isn't going to stick around, but let them play well this weekend so we can get back into this thing.

balke
08-13-2004, 11:56 PM
The way the sox schedule works out, you don't know who to root for. Sox truly are masters of their own destinies. If they win, they will either get wild card or Division, cause ALL of those teams are playing each other. Sox just have to win... which will be very hard.

balke
08-13-2004, 11:58 PM
P.S. Cleveland can hold out. Their fans will be filling the seats the rest of the season, they are young and full of pride, and above average overall. Never say never.

balke
08-13-2004, 11:59 PM
If the sox can get to within 3 back by the end of the weekend they're in great shape.

HAHA! I love the optimism... but... let's take things slow. Tough weekend ahead of us, barely got through tonight.

OEO Magglio
08-14-2004, 12:06 AM
HAHA! I love the optimism... but... let's take things slow. Tough weekend ahead of us, barely got through tonight.I agree, I was referring to the first post. I never said that's what I thought was going to happen, I just said we'd be in great shape if that happens.

jordan23ventura
08-14-2004, 12:43 AM
I know people are tired of hearing about tough scheduling for our opponents but Clevelands upcoming schedule is absolutely brutal. After the twins this weekend this is how their schedule looks: at tex, at minny, vs NY, vs cws, at NY, vs ana, at sea, at oak.:o:
Minnesota's schedule is just as bad. Kinda makes ya feel good inside, doesn't it?

OEO Magglio
08-14-2004, 12:51 AM
Minnesota's schedule is just as bad. Kinda makes ya feel good inside, doesn't it?It's not that bad but yes they do have a tough schedule. Hopefully the sox can capatilize on this, I really hope kenny can find a 5th starter through waivers, this 4 man rotation really scares me.

Mohoney
08-14-2004, 01:08 AM
HAHA! I love the optimism... but... let's take things slow. Tough weekend ahead of us, barely got through tonight.

We will win at least 1 more this weekend. No way Buehrle loses 3 in a row. The heartbreaking way he has lost his last 2 games, he will be out for blood.

Plus, if we somehow defy the odds and win a game against Curt Schilling, who will also be out for blood after his last outing, we will have a sweep.

skobabe8
08-14-2004, 01:39 AM
We will win at least 1 more this weekend. No way Buehrle loses 3 in a row. The heartbreaking way he has lost his last 2 games, he will be out for blood.

Plus, if we somehow defy the odds and win a game against Curt Schilling, who will also be out for blood after his last outing, we will have a sweep.

Schilling is gonna be real tough. He's lost his last 2 starts, I believe. But we love playing in front of big crowds (on the road at least) against good hurlers. Heres to Schill getting whiplash :gulp:

gosox41
08-14-2004, 08:37 AM
I hope Cleveland does play well this weekend, if they sweep, they have first place and if we sweep the BoSox, we're only 2 back from both Minny and Cleveland. Cleveland isn't going to stick around, but let them play well this weekend so we can get back into this thing.
I like your dream scenario, but do you honestly think Garland is going to beat Schilling tonight?

I wouldn't bet any money on that, especially with Garland pitching on short rest. Makes it antoher excuse for the head case pitcher not to pitch well.

Bob

gosox41
08-14-2004, 08:39 AM
Minnesota's schedule is just as bad. Kinda makes ya feel good inside, doesn't it?
What would make me feel good inside is knowing that Magglio was coming back ASAP for the pennant push. Without Magglio (and of course Frank who is definitely done for the year) things it's going to be very difficult to catch Cleveland or Minnesota.

Of course if any of these hitters wants to get how besides Rowand and Ben Davis, it's fine by me.

Bob