PDA

View Full Version : Glavine on waivers?

Whitesox029
08-14-2004, 12:12 AM
My link to "soxtalk.com," a parallel site to WSI, tells me that a mets fan there has confirmed that Tom Glavine has been placed on waivers. You know what to do, KW.

Mohoney
08-14-2004, 12:14 AM
My link to "soxtalk.com," a parallel site to WSI, tells me that a mets fan there has confirmed that Tom Glavine has been placed on waivers. You know what to do, KW.

No way. This is shocking!

I thought the Mets were in it for the long haul after the Benson and Victor Zambrano trades.

Then again, I thought the Astros were in it for the long haul, too, but Beltran and Clemens were both waived.

Whitesox029
08-14-2004, 12:20 AM
Well it hasn't been posted on an official site yet, but if it's true, it's probably because they don't think he'll be as good after that car accident somehow. Fact is, he has to clear the NL teams first, and even if no one claims him until he gets around to us, the mets have 72 hours to pull him back from the claim.

Mohoney
08-14-2004, 12:40 AM
Well it hasn't been posted on an official site yet, but if it's true, it's probably because they don't think he'll be as good after that car accident somehow. Fact is, he has to clear the NL teams first, and even if no one claims him until he gets around to us, the mets have 72 hours to pull him back from the claim.

Yup. St. Louis would DEFINITELY claim him. L.A. probably would, too, given Penny's uncertain status. San Diego or San Francisco might be interested, as well.

Jerry_Manuel
08-14-2004, 08:48 PM
A ton of big name players always get put on waivers, not a big deal.

samram
08-14-2004, 11:42 PM
Yup. St. Louis would DEFINITELY claim him. L.A. probably would, too, given Penny's uncertain status. San Diego or San Francisco might be interested, as well.
Yeah, either St. Louis or LA would be all over him. The Cards need a lefty and for the Dodgers, it would be a consolation prize for missing out on Randy Johnson. I just wonder if the Giants, Padres, or Cubs would claim him just to block a deal.

Erik The Red
08-15-2004, 05:40 PM
A ton of big name players always get put on waivers, not a big deal. Yeah. Manny Ramirez was put on waivers last season.

Jjav829
08-15-2004, 05:46 PM
Yeah. Manny Ramirez was put on waivers last season.Yeah except Manny was placed on irrevocable waivers. They didn't care if someone took him if they could get rid of his salary. No one did it though.

RKMeibalane
08-15-2004, 05:49 PM
:reinsy

"I'm going to put our entire roster on waivers. So there!"