PDA

View Full Version : Friday's Winning Pick to Click

Daver
08-13-2004, 10:32 PM
Came through in the clutch, and it proved to be the game winner.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_150433.jpg

When do I get a damn tag?

Cowch44
08-13-2004, 11:19 PM
I was gonna pick him too....darn:(:

Gimm
08-13-2004, 11:40 PM
Yeah, that Aaron Rowand, no way he deserves to be PTC - 9 total bases and 4 RBI without which Ben Davis's hit would be meaningless deserve to be overlooked.

whitesoxwilkes
08-13-2004, 11:48 PM
Yeah, that Aaron Rowand, no way he deserves to be PTC - 9 total bases and 4 RBI without which Ben Davis's hit would be meaningless deserve to be overlooked.
Yeah, but with a chance to bust the game open, he taps a grounder that turns into a DP. Davis delivers tonight.

Daver, got the elephant gun ready?

Daver
08-13-2004, 11:57 PM
What part of came through in the clutch did you not understand?

Daver
08-13-2004, 11:59 PM
Yeah, but with a chance to bust the game open, he taps a grounder that turns into a DP. Davis delivers tonight.

Daver, got the elephant gun ready?
The Barrett is always ready.

:)

Gimm
08-14-2004, 12:13 AM
What part of came through in the clutch did you not understand?Likewise, what part of the "Dave, you have a warped idea of what 'clutch' actually means" implication did YOU not understand?

Without Rowand's 4 huge ribbies early on, Sox get blown out in all likelyhood - hell they almost lost anyway. The fact that they came in early-middle innings does not in ANY way detract from their "clutchness". A 2-out bases clearing double in the 1st that gives a starting pitcher a much-needed lead and takes the pressue off the offense, putting it on the other team is more "clutch" than a walk-off HR that breaks a 3-3 tie in the 9th inning of same game. And so on.

I can understand giving Den Davis huge kudos - in fact, I called his 8th inning hit one of the biggest this season in the game thread......but as far as Player of the Game goes, it's clearly Aaron Rowand. I know you're not a fan of his, but this is silly.

PutItOnTheBoard
08-14-2004, 12:38 AM
Rowand. No doubt about it. Player of the game.

CWSGuy406
08-14-2004, 12:42 AM
Likewise, what part of the "Dave, you have a warped idea of what 'clutch' actually means" implication did YOU not understand?

Without Rowand's 4 huge ribbies early on, Sox get blown out in all likelyhood - hell they almost lost anyway. The fact that they came in early-middle innings does not in ANY way detract from their "clutchness". A 2-out bases clearing double in the 1st that gives a starting pitcher a much-needed lead and takes the pressue off the offense, putting it on the other team is more "clutch" than a walk-off HR that breaks a 3-3 tie in the 9th inning of same game. And so on.

I can understand giving Den Davis huge kudos - in fact, I called his 8th inning hit one of the biggest this season in the game thread......but as far as Player of the Game goes, it's clearly Aaron Rowand. I know you're not a fan of his, but this is silly.
Daver didn't give Den Davis kudos. He gave Ben Davis kudos as the PTC winner. And - someone is a little testy over the PTC?

As Daver said: What part of came through in the clutch did you not understand?

OurBitchinMinny
08-14-2004, 01:17 AM
Good call on davis. rowand had a good game, but davis was more clutch. Davis is looking good. There are too many people who are in love with rowand. he is hitting well, but doesnt hit well in the clutch

Soxzilla
08-14-2004, 01:28 AM
The Barrett is always ready.

:)
You named it after a lousy cubs catcher?

Aidan
08-14-2004, 02:50 AM
Yeah, but with a chance to bust the game open, he taps a grounder that turns into a DP. Davis delivers tonight.Agreed. Aaron was awesome last night but Davis delivered in the clutch. Besides, Rowand is expected to hit. No one expected Davis to do anything when we acquired him. :supernana:

thepaulbowski
08-14-2004, 12:47 PM
No, complaining about the PTC winner is silly.

Daver
08-14-2004, 06:55 PM
You named it after a lousy cubs catcher?
Barrett is the manufacturer.

Model BMG 199

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/daver/Fifty%20Cal.jpg

owensmouth
08-14-2004, 07:05 PM
You need a scope to hit an elephant?

Daver
08-14-2004, 07:08 PM
You need a scope to hit an elephant?
You do when your two thousand yards away.

voodoochile
08-14-2004, 07:43 PM
You do when your two thousand yards away.
You mean you don't just walk up and bust a cap in the ass of a 7 ton animal?

Who'd a guessed? :rolleyes: