PDA

View Full Version : Jon Rauch has no-no thru 5

MarqSox
08-13-2004, 07:39 PM
He also has a home run for the Expos.

jeremyb1
08-13-2004, 07:51 PM
He also has a home run for the Expos.

He actually was taken out after 4.1 hitless, scoreless innings. He had 76 pitches which is a lot in such a short time so I don't know if they were just being cautious or if he was experiencing problems.

princek
08-13-2004, 07:53 PM
he left teh game after 4 2/3 with a lower back injury

HomeFish
08-13-2004, 07:57 PM
So he has an oh-no instead.

Blob
08-13-2004, 09:45 PM
I'm sorry but I'm sick of seeing posts about Jon Rauch. I wanted to guy to succeed here as much as anyone. But, it didn't happen!

LET IT GO PEOPLE!!!!!

Blueprint1
08-13-2004, 10:50 PM
I'm sorry but I'm sick of seeing posts about Jon Rauch. I wanted to guy to succeed here as much as anyone. But, it didn't happen!

LET IT GO PEOPLE!!!!!
well if we gave him as much of a chance that Diaz seems to get maybe we would have seen some talent.

Aidan
08-13-2004, 10:53 PM
well if we gave him as much of a chance that Diaz seems to get maybe we would have seen some talent.Well, Rauch could be injured now so he wouldn't have helped us anyways. Regardless, didn't Rauch burn his own bridges here in Chicago?

Huisj
08-13-2004, 11:05 PM
Well, Rauch could be injured now so he wouldn't have helped us anyways. Regardless, didn't Rauch burn his own bridges here in Chicago?
well the word after his second call up was that the bridge had apparently been rebuilt, especially after he shut down cleveland. and then he stayed on the roster for the next two weeks and didn't come close to pitching even a single inning. that really didn't make much sense to me. maybe that one start was to make it appear the sox wanted him again to try to boost his trade value since KW had pretty much said he'd give him away earlier. but i still don't understand why he didn't touch the mound for two weeks.

balke
08-13-2004, 11:16 PM
He did real well tonight. But if the guy can hit homers like that, then what's he doing in the American League anyway? Good luck to him, we probably couldn't have gotten much for him, cause of that injury he had. oh well.

Gimm
08-13-2004, 11:25 PM
You know, Matt Ginter had 2.60 ERA in his first 5 or so starts with the Mets. Since then? Not so much.

Rauch pitched a very good game tonight, no doubt about that.

But it remains to be seen if he can avoid a 4 inn/7 ER type outing that usually follows. Or if he can even finish out the year without being shut down for "precautionary" reasons.

That said, even though the guy is a gigantic tool...somehow I wish him success. It's time our farm directors and scouts were vindicated a bit.

pczarapa
08-13-2004, 11:42 PM
He did real well tonight. But if the guy can hit homers like that, then what's he doing in the American League anyway? Good luck to him, we probably couldn't have gotten much for him, cause of that injury he had. oh well.
My wife went to school with Rauch at Morehead and I've met him on several occasions, I think he's got potential but he needs to mature. He's not real deep in the brains department and I think that gets the best of him most times. Overall I don't think we'll miss him that much.

DickAllen72
08-13-2004, 11:53 PM
On another forum I read that Rauch had a no hitter but had to be taken out after 4 or so innings because he got injured. Is that true? What happened?

jeremyb1
08-14-2004, 01:20 AM
Well, Rauch could be injured now so he wouldn't have helped us anyways. Regardless, didn't Rauch burn his own bridges here in Chicago?

Y'know, I don't think so. I feel like this is a long time after the fact to still be arguing about this but for a city that harbored Rodman and Belle, I don't feel like it should be that big of an issue. I'd like to think that all the guys that play for us are standup individuals but you know what, they're not. There are 25 guys on the roster at any given time and pro athletes are reknowned for being greedy and spoiled. We just traded for the second time for a guy who headbutted an umpire and a guy that spit in an umpires face. They've clearly been forgiven for mistakes that were far more egregious, why can't Rauch be cut any slack? I'm not preoccupied with character, I want to win games already.

Aidan
08-14-2004, 01:34 AM
Y'know, I don't think so. I feel like this is a long time after the fact to still be arguing about this but for a city that harbored Rodman and Belle, I don't feel like it should be that big of an issue. I'd like to think that all the guys that play for us are standup individuals but you know what, they're not. There are 25 guys on the roster at any given time and pro athletes are reknowned for being greedy and spoiled. We just traded for the second time for a guy who headbutted an umpire and a guy that spit in an umpires face. They've clearly been forgiven for mistakes that were far more egregious, why can't Rauch be cut any slack? I'm not preoccupied with character, I want to win games already.It doesn't matter what Carl Everett did on other teams. He has been an angel in a White Sox uniform, last season and this season. Rauch, on the other hand, left a game that he pitched in and hung his team out to dry even though he put them in line for the loss.

losingugly2004
08-14-2004, 06:53 AM
On another forum I read that Rauch had a no hitter but had to be taken out after 4 or so innings because he got injured. Is that true? What happened?He was diagnosed with a left oblique strain after no-hitting the Astros through 4 2/3's innings.

owensmouth
08-14-2004, 11:25 AM
He was diagnosed with a left oblique strain after no-hitting the Astros through 4 2/3's innings.
He musta injured himself while touching all those bases.

Gimm
08-14-2004, 11:27 AM
It doesn't matter what Carl Everett did on other teams. He has been an angel in a White Sox uniform, last season and this season..
Everett has 710 OPS with awful defense and bad base-running (not scoring after Mirabelli walked off the field? unacceptable)

Let's wait until he is at least at 850 OPS before calling him an angel.

DoggPhood
08-14-2004, 11:33 AM
He hit a 2-run homer for his first major league hit... off of Roger Clemens.

owensmouth
08-14-2004, 11:37 AM
He hit a 2-run homer for his first major league hit... off of Roger Clemens.
Good for him. I'm delighted to hear anybody lighting up Roger. I enjoyed the 1st inning of the all star game for exactly that reason. Good going Jon!

Aidan
08-14-2004, 11:46 AM
Everett has 710 OPS with awful defense and bad base-running (not scoring after Mirabelli walked off the field? unacceptable)

Let's wait until he is at least at 850 OPS before calling him an angel.I meant that Everett has behaved fine in a White Sox uniform. He is not the clubhouse cancer that other teams thought he was, at least with us he isn't.

Iguana775
08-14-2004, 11:48 AM
Good for him. I'm delighted to hear anybody lighting up Roger. I enjoyed the 1st inning of the all star game for exactly that reason. Good going Jon!
I hope that his injury isnt serious. had a no-no till he got pulled. Go Jon Go!!

Blob
08-14-2004, 05:56 PM
well if we gave him as much of a chance that Diaz seems to get maybe we would have seen some talent.
Diaz has not had a quarter of the chance that Rauch had. I'm not sayin he should have that many chances right now. I like Rauch WAY better than Diaz.

Like I said, I wanted him to be around but that's baseball. People come and go. We have NO control over it what-so-ever. So why keep complaining or bringing crap up like that? You just make yourself more miserable.

You want to feel better, go look at what Loaiza and Koch are doing today!

MarqSox
08-14-2004, 07:49 PM

LET IT GO PEOPLE!!!!!I didn't realize that we're supposed to pretend like former White Sox players don't exist. You know, it's possible to still wish somebody good luck and then hope he does well in another uniform, especially when it's for a team in the other league. Settle down there Mr. Blob.:rolleyes:

jeremyb1
08-15-2004, 12:22 AM
I meant that Everett has behaved fine in a White Sox uniform. He is not the clubhouse cancer that other teams thought he was, at least with us he isn't.

That was the point of my post though. We don't know that. The idea is to keep these issues in house, no? That was the entire deal with Paully calling out Frank. Chemistry issues are supposed to be dealt with in house. Robbie and Carl's problems were public before because they were conducted ON THE FIELD. That's how we know there are doubts about their behavior. The Rauch issue only became public when KW made it public. We don't know that he's the only player on the roster this season that has caused any sort of problem with his teammates and it's certainly a stretch to believe he's the only one to do so in recent seasons.

jeremyb1
08-15-2004, 12:23 AM
Diaz has not had a quarter of the chance that Rauch had. I'm not sayin he should have that many chances right now. I like Rauch WAY better than Diaz.

I don't really feel that way. Aside from his starts at the beginning of his '02 season when he was too closely removed from his injury to have any business pitching in the majors, Rauch has only had four major league starts. Diaz has had more this season.

idseer
08-15-2004, 04:18 PM
It doesn't matter what Carl Everett did on other teams. He has been an angel in a White Sox uniform, last season and this season. Rauch, on the other hand, left a game that he pitched in and hung his team out to dry even though he put them in line for the loss.it's quite clear you hate the guy, but stop lying about him, ok?
tell me just exactly how did he hang his team out to dry? do you even know what the phrase means?

Blob
08-15-2004, 05:11 PM
I didn't realize that we're supposed to pretend like former White Sox players don't exist. You know, it's possible to still wish somebody good luck and then hope he does well in another uniform, especially when it's for a team in the other league. Settle down there Mr. Blob.:rolleyes:
:whatever: It sure seems like people love misery here. Everyone just loves to find little tid bits of how great someone who was trading is doing now.

MarqSox
08-15-2004, 06:42 PM
:whatever: It sure seems like people love misery here. Everyone just loves to find little tid bits of how great someone who was trading is doing now.There's another thread making fun of the misfortunes of Esteban Loaiza in New York. Should we only mock our former players? What kind of fans are we if we root for a guy until the minute he dons another uniform, then he either doesn't exist or he sucks. That's stupid.

idseer
08-15-2004, 07:10 PM
:whatever: It sure seems like people love misery here. Everyone just loves to find little tid bits of how great someone who was trading is doing now.
i just can't figure out why it would bother anyone to have a post about a former player ... and then top it off by showing his rear end after it's explained why some people care.

this forum really needs a resident psychiatrist to help these unfortunate clods get over their petty gripes about things that are none of their business.

PaulDrake
08-15-2004, 07:30 PM
It's getting more and more like whitesox.com here. Maybe I need a psychiatrist for hanging around. It's really too bad because this place has features you're not going to find elsewhere. And yes, that was bush league treatment of Marq. I don't care for Rauch and don't think he's going to amount to much of anything. So what if others think different and want to follow his progress or lack thereof. It's always interesting to see how trades work out and it often takes a season or two to really know one way or the other.

duke of dorwood
08-15-2004, 09:16 PM

LET IT GO PEOPLE!!!!!
this IS called talking baseball-

Randar68
08-15-2004, 11:41 PM
It doesn't matter what Carl Everett did on other teams. He has been an angel in a White Sox uniform, last season and this season. Rauch, on the other hand, left a game that he pitched in and hung his team out to dry even though he put them in line for the loss.Where's the "You're an idiot" tag?

The Sox team Equipment manager told him he could leave and had all his things packed and his ticket to Charlotte ready for him. he left. Everyone went nuts, then Kenny fell silent.

Misunderstanding, but Carl the Purple Dinosaur the Headbutter and spitGate Alomar are free of original sin?

*****. MORON ALERT!