PDA

View Full Version : who else here...?

GoGoOzzie
08-13-2004, 05:45 PM
Doesn't give a damn about green seats, resturants, and fundamentals as long as there's a winning team on the field. I, personally, am pretty darn sick and tired of hearing everyone (not just on this board) talking about how sterile the ball park is, how ugly the seats are, how fan unfriendly this that and the other are. If it was up to me (and trust me, I know it isn't) the only renovation this team needs for 2005 is on the field, and I'm not talking about the grass.

Perhaps green seats would be more asthetically pleasing. I'm sure thousands of kids a year would LOVE the fundamentals area. But if the White Sox would consistantly put a winning team on the field, none of this blue seat crud would really matter, would it?

Thanks for listening to my rant, I'm sure you have all heard it before from someone else, but my friends are starting to give me funny looks whenever I angrily bring up the white sox, which is about every half hour. I figured someone here could understand. :D: :D:

GOGOOZZIE!

IF THE INDIANS CAN BE THREE GAMES OUT, SO CAN WE!!!

Daver
08-13-2004, 05:54 PM
I am on record for saying the seats could be the color of a babboon's ass, as long as the Sox fielded a winning team.

GoGoOzzie
08-13-2004, 05:55 PM
I am on record for saying the seats could be the color of a babboon's ass, as long as the Sox fielded a winning team.

You know pink may not be a bad idea after all!

balke
08-13-2004, 05:58 PM
I like the blue seats. I only was old enough and broke enough to go to one old commiskey game. So I don't really give a rats ars about the green, I think it wouldn't look as good.

As far as more entertainment for kids, that's cool. I like how the park caters to the kids so much, its like a new wholesome theme for a team that gets nothing but bad press no matter what they do.

which just now reminds me of the last sox ESPN broadcast where they were criticizing the showers, like it was another white sox mistake. I got mad. I hate ESPN, kids love those stupid showers!

zach23
08-13-2004, 06:03 PM
Like I said in the thread about the renovations......
The only renovation I want to see is a shiny new pole that has a "World Champions" banner on it. The place will be perfect at that point.

GoGoOzzie
08-13-2004, 06:03 PM
I like the blue seats. I only was old enough and broke enough to go to one old commiskey game. So I don't really give a rats ars about the green, I think it wouldn't look as good.

As far as more entertainment for kids, that's cool. I like how the park caters to the kids so much, its like a new wholesome theme for a team that gets nothing but bad press no matter what they do.

which just now reminds me of the last sox ESPN broadcast where they were criticizing the showers, like it was another white sox mistake. I got mad. I hate ESPN, kids love those stupid showers!
I'm not disagreeing with any of this. All I'm trying to say is that none of it matters to me, as long as there is a winning team. It's been so disheartening the past few weeks to see the amount of 2005 threads on this board, whether it be about the renovations or the team. I guess I'm just posting my greivances. :D:

PS- Speaking of Old Comiskey: one of my greatest and earliest memories from my childhood is my father and I walking behind the scoreboard at Old Comiskey. To me, that beats any fundamentals park any day.

fquaye149
08-13-2004, 06:16 PM
the only thing i think about green seats is that if it helps the park's image and helps raise payroll i'm for it.

when i go to the cell one thing matters to me: what's going on on the field, but even though sox fans are among the most knowledgable and purist, there's still a lot of people who care about the aesthetics and we shouldn't ignore their dollar if we want to raise payroll.

but hell, i'd sit in mauve seats if i got to see the sox play live.

Iguana775
08-13-2004, 06:18 PM
or this...

hold2dibber
08-13-2004, 06:26 PM
Doesn't give a damn about green seats, resturants, and fundamentals as long as there's a winning team on the field. I, personally, am pretty darn sick and tired of hearing everyone (not just on this board) talking about how sterile the ball park is, how ugly the seats are, how fan unfriendly this that and the other are. If it was up to me (and trust me, I know it isn't) the only renovation this team needs for 2005 is on the field, and I'm not talking about the grass.

Perhaps green seats would be more asthetically pleasing. I'm sure thousands of kids a year would LOVE the fundamentals area. But if the White Sox would consistantly put a winning team on the field, none of this blue seat crud would really matter, would it?
It's all a means to an end. My primary reason for being concerned about the "fan-friendliness" of the park is that the more the casual fan enjoys the park, the more tickets he/she buys and the more $ the Sox have to (at least in theory) put a winning team on the field. My secondary reason for being concerned about the "fan-friendliness" of the park is that when I am at the game (which is usually 10 to 15 per year), I would rather watch it in a cool/pleasing/fun ball park than not - of course, with that said, I'd obviously MUCH rather have a good team in a crappy ball park than a crappy team in a good ball park, but what's wrong with having a good team in a good ball park?

DaveIsHere
08-13-2004, 06:58 PM
The only renovation I want to see is a shiny new pole that has a "World Champions" banner on it. The place will be perfect at that point.
:Rocker: :Rocker: :Rocker: :Rocker:

cubhater
08-13-2004, 07:16 PM
Like I said in the thread about the renovations......
BINGO!:supernana:

LuvSox
08-13-2004, 07:16 PM
I used to care about the park. That was until the team turned into a bunch of lollygaggers and noodle heads. (C. Montgomery Burns :smile: ) Now I don't care, just win some freakin' ball games.

he_gone_89
08-14-2004, 01:57 AM

Thanks for listening to my rant, I'm sure you have all heard it before from someone else, but my friends are starting to give me funny looks whenever I angrily bring up the white sox, which is about every half hour. I figured
someone here could understand. :D: :D:

GOGOOZZIE!
pardon my french,but dont tell me that goddamn fundamentals bullcrap is still gonna be put up. comiskey must be shaking and rolling in his grave over this crappy gimmick to bring out hyper little kids to the ballpark,make the overhead pics of the stadium look like six freakin flags,and waste even more money on crap instead of hitting catchers and bullpen help

screw fundamentals,besides the sox fans dont need it,the players do

pinwheels3530
08-14-2004, 02:07 AM
pardon my french,but dont tell me that goddamn fundamentals bullcrap is still gonna be put up. comiskey must be shaking and rolling in his grave over this crappy gimmick to bring out hyper little kids to the ballpark,make the overhead pics of the stadium look like six freakin flags,and waste even more money on crap instead of hitting catchers and bullpen help

Yes the fundamentals area is still going to happen, I don't see how it's going to effect you from watching the sox!:kukoo:

Nellie_Fox
08-14-2004, 02:34 AM
I have said, over and over, that when I'm at the ballpark I couldn't care less what color the seats I'm sitting in are, as long as they afforded me a good view of the field, which new Comiskey always has (at least in the lower bowl.)

doublem23
08-14-2004, 08:02 AM
comiskey must be shaking and rolling in his grave over this crappy gimmick to bring out hyper little kids to the ballpark,make the overhead pics of the stadium look like six freakin flags,and waste even more money on crap instead of hitting catchers and bullpen help
No, he's probably spinning in his grave at the thought of spending money on catchers than can hit and bullpen help. Oooh, he wanted that new ivory backscratcher, too.

Plus, the money for these renovations doesn't come from the same pot as the payroll. Notice how a lot of the major stuff has happened since U.S. Cellular bought naming rights? Before then, the major work on Comiskey was painting some stuff black.

And really, this is going up on the left field concourse, so unless your favorite view of the action is from standing about 20 feet behind the last row of the bleachers in left, I don't see how it will have any effect whatsoever on your ability to watch the game. And if that was your favorite place, trust me, the view from right is pretty much the same. :rolleyes:

PaleHoseGeorge
08-14-2004, 08:13 AM
Pink seats the color of a baboon's ass? Sure, but only if they're the same shade of pink as Old Comiskey's.

:redneck

gosox41
08-14-2004, 08:23 AM

Thanks for listening to my rant, I'm sure you have all heard it before from someone else, but my friends are starting to give me funny looks whenever I angrily bring up the white sox, which is about every half hour. I figured someone here could understand. :D: :D:

GOGOOZZIE!

I'd take winning over any renovation the Sox can offer. But they haven't gotten the winning concept down yet so I'll take a small victory in the renovations.

Hopefully the 2005 Sox gets overhauled for next season to.

Also,l I haven't heard much negativity about the Cell lately unless it's some Cub fan bashing it. In fact, all of the renovations made so far have been portrayed positively.

Bob

PaleHoseGeorge
08-14-2004, 08:23 AM
I have said, over and over, that when I'm at the ballpark I couldn't care less what color the seats I'm sitting in are, as long as they afforded me a good view of the field, which new Comiskey always has (at least in the lower bowl.)
Sox Park's lower bowl is the best in baseball. My second favorite is the lower bowl at Comerica Park in Detroit. Guess what? They modeled it after Sox Park, complete 360 degree concourse with full view of the action, plus food stands and shops on either side.

The new upper deck is fine. I was there with Pants and Sweetpea and we sat one row from the top. Sitting in the rafters didn't exactly invoke memories of Old Comiskey Park, but I didn't feel like I was about to free fall into space either.

Granted, we were directly behind homeplate but they enjoyed themselves fine while I got an excellent view of why Jon Garland is the laughingstock of opposing hitters. Outside... outside... outside...

:tongue:

gosox41
08-14-2004, 08:26 AM

Not to point out something that's been said here about a million times, but the money the Sox received for the naming rights of the stadium has to be used to renovate the stadium. None of that money can be used on payroll.

Just wanted to help you with the facts to help you with future rants.:D:

Bob

TornLabrum
08-14-2004, 09:22 AM
Not to point out something that's been said here about a million times, but the money the Sox received for the naming rights of the stadium has to be used to renovate the stadium. None of that money can be used on payroll.

Bob
The sad thing is that this post has to be rewritten every week or two for newcomers. Maybe we need an FAQ section with this kind of stuff.

gosox41
08-14-2004, 11:13 AM
The sad thing is that this post has to be rewritten every week or two for newcomers. Maybe we need an FAQ section with this kind of stuff.
Makes perfect sense to me. Of course, we'd have to assume these people would actually read it.

Bob

SOXSINCE'70
08-14-2004, 12:38 PM
I'm 42 years old.I've been a Sox fan since 1970.I've seen a little good,a lot of bad and waaaayyyy too much ugly.I've said it once,i'll say it again:

JUST WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP IN MY FRIGGIN' LIFETIME!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

batmanZoSo
08-14-2004, 02:15 PM
This is pointless. All these things help make the park a nicer place to watch a game and more appealing to the eye. This means more people will come, which means more money, which means more talent. You want a championship? You need money. Face facts, we can't draw in a sterile, crappy ballpark. Everyone wants a championship and renovations are directly related to eventually getting that.

OurBitchinMinny
08-14-2004, 02:17 PM
Seat color doesnt mean a damn thing if the stadium is full. Most sox fans are baseball fans which means they go no matter what goofy kids and family crap they have

batmanZoSo
08-14-2004, 02:22 PM
Seat color doesnt mean a damn thing if the stadium is full.
Here...catch...

While that may be true, how's the stadium going to be full without green seats? Not to imply that the color of the seats is monumentally important on its own, but all those aesthetic improvements go along way to attracting more people to the park. Does no one think the upper deck isn't at least partly responsible for the increase in attendance this year? We came in with a worse team than last, what did we have to be excited about? We weren't dominating, we were just competitive and in-the-race like every year, but attendance was up.

iwannago
08-14-2004, 03:03 PM

GOGOOZZIE!

Oh I agree 100%. Plus green seats and the kid's area help increase the cost of tickets.

The Critic
08-14-2004, 03:21 PM
Seat color doesnt mean a damn thing if the stadium is full. Most sox fans are baseball fans which means they go no matter what goofy kids and family crap they have
While this can be true, it is also true that my daughter now asks me to take her to Sox games because of the fun she had with the "goofy kids and family crap" and she is a Sox fan because she had more fun at USCF than at Wrigley.
She's 4 years old, so she's not yet attracted to the subtle nuances of the hit-and-run, lefty-righty matchups or pitch counts.
I do agree that the whole seat color thing has been blown WAY out of proportion. The blue seats look fine, green seats would look fine, I just don't undertsand the amount of debate given to this topic. USCF is a great place to watch a ballgame, and a great place to enjoy a day with your kids.

pinwheels3530
08-14-2004, 04:42 PM

A lot of sox fans have kids so all those goofy attractions help attendance, I still don't see what your complaining about of course everybody here wants the sox to win a world series. We also want a nice, comfortable park to watch our beloved White Sox. That's why a lot of fans here talk about renovations that doesn't mean where not die hard fans or don't pay attention to what goes on the field. So to answer the original question of this post I give a crap about the renovations and how our park looks!!!!:tongue: GO SOX!!!!!!

he_gone_89
08-14-2004, 07:12 PM

Bob
i know,i just got a little pissy because we still arn't in 1st,thats all

gosox41
08-15-2004, 08:09 AM
i know,i just got a little pissy because we still arn't in 1st,thats all
I know what you mean. I'm going to get even more pissy if Cleveland wins this division.

Bob