PDA

View Full Version : Some season ticket holders getting hosed

phaedrus
08-13-2004, 05:11 PM
I'm a full season ticket holder (4 seats) in section 134 row 8 - right behind the plate - and there are major changes happening with that area.. I just got off the phone with my ticket rep Natalie who said she can't give me all the details as there are some people designated to make the phone calls but here is what I found out.
1. I have the option of renewing my seats but the new price is around $165 per ticket per game. This will hold for the first 18 rows or so in the 4 sections behind the plate.
2. If I choose not to renew they will be trying to offer other season tickets somewhere inside the bases but no price or location has been given.
3. The new seating area will offer a premium package of some sort possibly including parking, food and drink at no extra cost.

Depending on where the 'new' seats are they offer me my affiliation with the Sox may be over. Great timing on this announcement guys:angry: :angry: :angry:

anewman35
08-13-2004, 05:21 PM
Depending on where the 'new' seats are they offer me my affiliation with the Sox may be over. Great timing on this announcement guys:angry: :angry: :angry:
Just curious about your mention of timing. Is there any timing for an announcement like this that you would have possibly liked?

phaedrus
08-13-2004, 05:24 PM
It would make it a little bit easier to accept if they were rolling this out shortly after I got the invoice for my playoff tickets - which I guess means they would have to delay it until next year.

Soxzilla
08-13-2004, 05:32 PM
What I wouldn't give to have the money to get season tickets....and your complaining.:(:

jackbrohamer
08-14-2004, 10:06 AM
I see Reinsdorf's taking a page out of Bill Wirtz's PR playbook.

PorkChopExpress
08-14-2004, 10:38 AM
I'm a full season ticket holder (4 seats) in section 134 row 8 - right behind the plate - and there are major changes happening with that area.. I just got off the phone with my ticket rep Natalie who said she can't give me all the details as there are some people designated to make the phone calls but here is what I found out.
1. I have the option of renewing my seats but the new price is around $165 per ticket per game. This will hold for the first 18 rows or so in the 4 sections behind the plate.
My inlaws have seats like that at Busch Stadium where everything is covered in the price of the ticket. I think it's awesome, and would do it in a heartbeat if I could afford to, but I can't. I would have to split a season package with like 20 people, maybe 10. If you need people to go in on it with you, though, let me know.

Palehose13
08-14-2004, 11:08 AM
This really isn't uncommon. The Sox have some of the cheapest lower box seats in the majors. Many, many other ballparks (including Tropicana Field) charge big money for the "premium area" (the first few rows around home plate). For example:

http://media.ticketmaster.com/en-us/tmimages/venue/maps/flo/11223s.gif

PaleHoseGeorge
08-14-2004, 11:11 AM
2. If I choose not to renew they will be trying to offer other season tickets somewhere inside the bases but no price or location has been given.
3. The new seating area will offer a premium package of some sort possibly including parking, food and drink at no extra cost.

Depending on where the 'new' seats are they offer me my affiliation with the Sox may be over. Great timing on this announcement guys:angry: :angry: :angry:You should call sportsblab radio and rant. They specialize in giving full-airing to anyone who jumps to conclusions. Pissing on the Sox before the Sox even have a chance to explain what they're offering ought to fit well with sportsblab radio's usual programming.

And besides, you'll come across as a whiny Sox Fan to anybody rational enough to know they haven't done anything to you to warrant three angry faces. It's a win-win for everybody.

:ass :windsock:
"The Sox are the worst organization in all of sports! Nobody should go to any of their games!"

PaleHoseGeorge
08-14-2004, 11:14 AM
This really isn't uncommon. The Sox have some of the cheapest lower box seats in the majors. Many, many other ballparks (including Tropicana Field) charge big money for the "premium area" (the first few rows around home plate).
Some people just like to bitch, 13. Bitch... bitch... bitch... they don't even need to know what they're bitching about to start bitching. Just pick up the phone and call sportsblab radio. That's the place for rational discussion on any subject.

Palehose13
08-14-2004, 11:16 AM
Some people just like to bitch, 13. Bitch... bitch... bitch... they don't even need to know what they're bitching about to start bitching. Just pick up the phone and call sportsblab radio. That's the place for rational discussion on any subject.
Yeah, I guess. BTW...Have you been listening to sports radio lately and been unhappy? :wink:

PaleHoseGeorge
08-14-2004, 11:18 AM
Yeah, I guess. BTW...Have you been listening to sports radio lately and been unhappy? :wink:
I'm perfectly happy because I *don't* listen to sportsblab radio.
:)

TornLabrum
08-14-2004, 01:08 PM
George:

I'm going to share with the group something I wrote you this morning as I submitted this week's Fallen Arches column:

I hate listening to The Score, but they give me plenty of fodder.

As you know from reading it, and as others who may not have been listening will know when they read the column (well, at least both readers of the column will), the latest was Baum and Rosenbloom noting that Ozzie Guillen has done no better as manager than Gen. Disarray.

I'll hold off on what I had to say until the column goes up. Just suffice it to say that it was about 1.5 pages, single spaced, worth.

ZachAL
08-14-2004, 01:15 PM
You should call sportsblab radio and rant. They specialize in giving full-airing to anyone who jumps to conclusions. Pissing on the Sox before the Sox even have a chance to explain what they're offering ought to fit well with sportsblab radio's usual programming.
It is and always will be acceptable for any loyal customer who pays for the most expensive tickets to every game and one who has thousands of dollars of vested interest in this organization to be upset over even the thought of this kind of news. Think if this was any other sort of business and the situation was the same.

And Soxzilla, don't think that everyone who buys season tickets doesnt have to worry about finances also. I'd be willing to bet the vast majority of season ticket holders are not ultra wealthy and would have much relief on their wallets without buying season tickets. They should have MORE of a right to complain if anything. This is not to say they are obliged to buy the tickets, but the fact that they can afford to and do A.) does not mean they're wealthy. B.) should give them just as much if not more of a right to complain.

margiss
08-14-2004, 04:51 PM
Well said ZachAl

ewokpelts
08-14-2004, 05:07 PM
You should call sportsblab radio and rant. They specialize in giving full-airing to anyone who jumps to conclusions. Pissing on the Sox before the Sox even have a chance to explain what they're offering ought to fit well with sportsblab radio's usual programming.

And besides, you'll come across as a whiny Sox Fan to anybody rational enough to know they haven't done anything to you to warrant three angry faces. It's a win-win for everybody.

:ass :windsock:
"The Sox are the worst organization in all of sports! Nobody should go to any of their games!"George,
People love to jump to conclusions. And then, as you pointed out, bitch bitch bitch. Even I bitched about the variable pricing. But, alas, I ponied up my money to renew, even though the team didnt really make a good case for me to renew. These "premium" tix already go for 0ver 200 from scalpers, and if you get all the extra amenities, it aint that bad. other teams have this, as 13 ponted out.Hell, even the dreaded cubs offer ultra expensive tix, and ther aint no restaurant or food/booze package attached. If it makes money for the team to aquire talent, then so be it. The guys that buy those tix on a season package, or even day of deserve every incentive.
Gene

p.s. if i had the cash...i'd do it....especially if the food is included.
Gene

Brian26
08-14-2004, 11:27 PM
Good move. It's worthless. Except for Carmen and Silvy's Save-The-Music Saturday. :D:

Blob
08-15-2004, 03:04 PM
Really? I haven't noticed ANYONE hear like that...:D: