PDA

View Full Version : Maggs New Contract

OfficerKarkovice
07-24-2001, 11:33 PM
From the Cubune:

Magglio Ordonez is sitting on a three-year offer from the White Sox believed to be worth $22.5 million and he hopes to get a deal done within the month.

"Nothing yet," Ordonez said before Tuesday night's game. "I hope so. I want to be here. When you come up with a team and have been playing with them four-five years, you don't want to go anywhere else.

"Hopefully they can put something together."

Ordonez would receive an average salary of around $7.5 million, which would be in line with the five-year, $35 million deal Florida outfielder Preston Wilson signed last spring. The contract would delay Ordonez's eligibility as a free agent until after the 2004 season.

Ordonez, who earns $3.75 million this year, will be arbitration-eligible for the next two years and eligible to become a free agent after 2003. Last winter he rejected a four-year, $24 million offer.

"Mags said we were close, so we must be close," general manager Ken Williams said. "We made him an offer and we're expecting to hear back from [agents Tom Reich and Adam Katz] very shortly with their ideas.

"It's encouraging when the player himself comes out and says we're close."

Personally I think that if we can ink Maggs to this deal we are getting a steal.

CerberusWG
07-25-2001, 10:34 AM
lol, I remember Gammons saying that Maggs was "unsignable".

Good work moron, hey look Pedro is putting on some new shoes, go comment!

Clarkdog
07-25-2001, 11:33 AM
This would be a Pippenesque steal.

Maggs is on his way to being Manny Ramirez dominant.

:maggs

Hey, I'm getting Preston Wilson money!