PDA

View Full Version : Ken Williams on ESPNRadio at 12:27am Chicago time (essentially, right now)!

NUCatsFan
08-13-2004, 01:20 AM
He'll be on with Todd Wright in about 5 minutes (12:27am Chicago time)....no clue what he'll say, but I know I want to hear it.

**EDIT: Changing the topic **

NUCatsFan
08-13-2004, 01:41 AM
He didn't end up saying a whole lot. Didn't like chalking up the disappointing performance of the team to injuries to Frank and Maggs. Sounds like Maggs won't be back at all this season either. Didn't mention anything about contract status or anything (wasn't asked).

Other than that, talked a bit about the levity in the clubhouse and the fire and passion of Ozzie.

Sorry.....thought it would be a bit more of an insight, but guess not.

DMarte708
08-13-2004, 01:41 AM
RECAP

TW: "Do you have any time to be involved in fantasy sports or merely concentrate on the real team?"

KW: "I wish I had more of a life outside of baseball." Talks about people on his staff frequently interact with Fantasy football. Says he's a hardcore Raiders fan. Somehow leads the fantasy talk into Sabermetrics. Doesn't appear to ripping the system; maybe he's changing his mine and beginning to adapt the
process
---

TW: "You had a sad clubhouse situation earlier this year where you were trying to install a fifth starter in the rotation." Is referring to Jon Rauch leaving the stadium without notifying anyone.

KW: "I prefer to keep these things private. I'm invested emotionally in this organization. I have a tremendous amount of respect and friendship with Reinsdorf. So much that if he fired me today, we'd immediatly eat at a restaurant and smoke cigars"'

---

TW: Quotes Konerko talking about Ozzie influence in the clubhouse. "Has Guillen been able to maintain the upbeat attitude"

KW: "We had to reconstruct things and decide whether to go forward or stay pat (with Maggs/Frank gone). We tell it like it is around here. Players and management aren't afraid to joke around with each other." Uses Guillen's gaff with calling in the wrong reliever in Oakland as proof.

---

TW: "No one can overstate the value of Maggs/Frank to this lineup. If you take Pujols/Rolan out of the team its difficult to expect Cardinals to experience the same success"

KW: "If a player is in the mindset where their going to fold the tent they'll be removed from this organization. We don't accept that here."

--- Interview over ---

:rolleyes: Fluff interview worthy of WGN.

NUCatsFan
08-13-2004, 01:44 AM
Thank you for the much more detailed recap than I did :)

Just for that, you get:

:bandance: :supernana: :bandance: :supernana: :bandance:

chisox06
08-13-2004, 01:51 AM
TW: "No one can overstate the value of Maggs/Frank to this lineup. If you take Pujols/Rolan out of the team its difficult to expect Cardinals to experience the same success"

KW: "If a player is in the mindset where their going to fold the tent they'll be removed from this organization. We don't accept that here."Thats what I like right there, at least KW is saying that losing the big guys isnt an excuse to lose.