PDA

View Full Version : Why not.............

beausox
10-02-2001, 08:57 PM
...turn Jason Deallero (I know I can't spell his name) into a pitcher. He's got a great arm (is rumored to be able to throw 94 mph), and can't hit Doug Jones' fastball out of the infield. He's already 25 and in my opinion Liu Rodriguez is ahead of him on our depth charts. Besides we aready can't one SS who can't hit.

czalgosz
10-02-2001, 09:03 PM
Liu Rodriguez should be on the White Sox right now, plain and simple. I was shocked that he wasn't brought up when the Sox expanded their roster.

*Sigh* I guess I'm the founder and sole member of the Liu Rodriguez fan club here...

Jerry_Manuel
10-02-2001, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz
Liu Rodriguez should be on the White Sox right now, plain and simple. I was shocked that he wasn't brought up when the Sox expanded their roster.

I think Hummel is going to be the guy that takes 2nd away from Ray. No room for Liu to play short (Doesn't he play short to?) with Jose and Royce around this year. Besides Manuel has shown with Crede he doesn't play the young guys much.

I'm surprised they didn't call up my guy Juilo.

czalgosz
10-02-2001, 09:17 PM
Liu splits his time between short and second, yes. He plays well at both positions.

My question is, say the Sox trade away Clayton, and Valentin's trick hammy sidelines him (or prevents him from playing short at least) for a long time, who do the Sox play at short next season? Will they have to make a trade? Shortstop is a position that really, really worries me for the long-term. that and of course catcher.

Jerry_Manuel
10-02-2001, 09:19 PM
My question is, say the Sox trade away Clayton, and Valentin's trick hammy sidelines him (or prevents him from playing short at least) for a long time, who do the Sox play at short next season? Will they have to make a trade? Shortstop is a position that really, really worries me for the long-term. that and of course catcher.

Well if Valentin is hurt for a few games I would assume Tony would play short. If he gets hurt for a longer period of time, I assume they would call someone up.

czalgosz
10-02-2001, 09:25 PM
I assume they would call someone up.

Yeah, but whom? The Sox have no decent SS prospects at all. Liu Rodriguez might be available for next season, but as much as I like him, he isn't a starting SS. Do they switch Hummel back to short, maybe?

Jerry_Manuel
10-02-2001, 09:31 PM
Yeah, but whom? The Sox have no decent SS prospects at all. Liu Rodriguez might be available for next season, but as much as I like him, he isn't a starting SS. Do they switch Hummel back to short, maybe?

Well I think the Sox have shown in the past they will take young guys and throw them into the fire. Caruso comes to mind, and the young pitchers. Lets stay positive and hope Jose doesn't get hurt!