PDA

View Full Version : Timo Perez Article

TimoPerez
08-12-2004, 09:10 PM
Question number one is a great read, in my opinion.

http://digstream.go.com/mlb/playoffs2000/2000/1018/825105.html

Oh, and Timo being listed as an infielder/outfielder was correct. He played some first base in Japan.

the_valenstache
08-13-2004, 12:16 AM
My memory must be seriously shot because I completely forgot about Timo's contributions to the Mets that year. I hope we keep this guy around.

jordan23ventura
08-13-2004, 12:38 AM
"Cynics say he's a one-month wonder, which he may be as a hitter, but he has attributes that you can't teach and that show up every day: speed, instincts and a quick, strong arm. Plus, he brings excitement, enthusiasm and fearlessness to the Mets. You can't teach those, either."

It's funny how just about every time he gets on abse Hawk says something to the effect of, "they think he's got a lot of speed, but he really doesn't." Then, the pitcher holds him on. Hasn't anyone gotten a scouting report on this guy?

TimoPerez
08-13-2004, 01:12 PM
"The Chicago Sun-Times reports that Perez has been nursing an injured right quadriceps all season and has been unable to run at full speed."

http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/players/playerpage/202232

And while not running at full speed, he got from contact to first at 3.6-3.7 seconds. I timed the bunt single against the Twins a couple of weeks ago. That time is great if you are healthy, and he's only going to get faster when he gets healthy.

mantis1212
08-13-2004, 01:15 PM
From now on, he will always be known to me as "COME ON TIMO!!" Perez.

TimoPerez
08-13-2004, 01:17 PM
My memory must be seriously shot because I completely forgot about Timo's contributions to the Mets that year. I hope we keep this guy around.
He tied the record by scoring eight runs in the National League Championship Series...In only five games.

TimoPerez
08-13-2004, 01:17 PM
From now on, he will always be known to me as "COME ON TIMO!!" Perez.
Haha. That was a fantastic call by Hawk.

Magglios_Girl
08-13-2004, 03:51 PM
From now on, he will always be known to me as "COME ON TIMO!!" Perez.:roflmao: That was probably one of the funniest things Hawk has said this season...
"C'Mon Timo...C'Mon Timo...C'Mon Timo...C'Mon Timo...C'Mon Timo!!! [10 years later] Yes!!! The Sox win the game!"