PDA

View Full Version : Minny Loses Again To Sea!

hi8is
08-12-2004, 12:13 AM
BOTTOM OF THE NINTH COME BACK FROM SEATTLE!!!! STILL 5 GAMES OUT!!!! INDIANS ONLY 3 OUT

look out

we need to get our heads outta our asses and PLAY ****IN BALL!

we can do this!

doublem23
08-12-2004, 12:14 AM
Please don't evade the language filters.

Thank you. :)

princek
08-12-2004, 12:15 AM
tonights loss was a huge one, we really need to win tomm cause the twinnks have santana going, i just dont see that mariner lineup doing anything against him

OEO Magglio
08-12-2004, 12:17 AM
The twins are starting to implode like we have for the last couple of weeks, while the indians are playing well, cliff lee is starting to have a lot of problems, outside of westbrook and sabathia they have some major starting pitching issues. We play the twins 6 more times, we play the indians 4 more times, I really think we have a shot at this.

Aidan
08-12-2004, 12:17 AM
So much for the Twins "fundamental baseball". They had 2 throwing errors in the bottom of the 9th to let the Mariners score the winning run, which started out as a single.

MRKARNO
08-12-2004, 12:20 AM
The Twins have already been sliding losing 6 of their last 7. How long do you think this can go on? We had a golden opportunity to easily be within 1-2 games right now, but we already blew it and the Tribe is taking advantage. I cant see the Twins continuing this slide and if by chance they do, the team that will is the Indians.

A.T. Money
08-12-2004, 12:21 AM
This is why you can't lose to a LAST PLACE TEAM WITH ONLY 13 ROAD WINS!!!

Just like Detroit last year, these wimpy teams are going to cost us again.

Damn you White Sox!:angry:

JB98
08-12-2004, 12:21 AM
The twins are starting to implode like we have for the last couple of weeks, while the indians are playing well, cliff lee is starting to have a lot of problems, outside of westbrook and sabathia they have some major starting pitching issues. We play the twins 6 more times, we play the indians 4 more times, I really think we have a shot at this.
I don't. The Twins have lost six of their last seven. This was our opportunity to get back in it, and we've blown it by pissing away three games against the worst team in the AL within the last week. The Twins losing streak is not going to last for long. We needed to take advantage while the getting was good, and we've failed miserably.

Meanwhile, the Tribe has kicked the door down. They have picked up five games on the Twins in the last week and have stormed right back into this thing.

OEO Magglio
08-12-2004, 12:22 AM

Damn you White Sox!:angry:Yes they suck and we should probably sweep them but lets win series, if we win series we'll be fine.

A.T. Money
08-12-2004, 12:24 AM
Yes they suck and we should probably sweep them but lets win series, if we win series we'll be fine.
Blah, now you have to win tomorrow because there is no way Minny will be swept. Either way, we aren't gaining ground when we're supposed to.

Minny has lost 4 in a row now, and we can't capitalize with our "easier" schedule. This is how to LOSE a division.

Terrible.

SomebodyToldMe
08-12-2004, 12:27 AM
we also need to worry about the injuns now.

and the tigers sneaking up on us.

OEO Magglio
08-12-2004, 12:29 AM
Oh by the way, we're 4 back in the loss column to the twins and tied with the indians. HAVE FAITH FOLKS, HAVE FAITH.:smile: :bandance:

StockdaleForVeep
08-12-2004, 12:33 AM

Damn you White Sox!:angry:

KC does have about 40 wins, so they have beaten other teams, we are a fraction of their wins. Yes we should be beating them but we're not the only team to lose to them, hell they shut out the twins 8-0 last month. Thats the joy of baseball, its linear and anything can happen at any time.

JB98
08-12-2004, 12:35 AM
Oh by the way, we're 4 back in the loss column to the twins and tied with the indians. HAVE FAITH FOLKS, HAVE FAITH.:smile: :bandance:
I wish I could. But I watch the Sox everyday, and everyday, reality hits me right between the eyes.....:(:

Gimm
08-12-2004, 01:05 AM
Do we realize that as jaw-droppingly horrible as Sox have played in the last 20 days, they're still only 4 games behind Minnesota in the loss column?

And, it bears repeating that out of our last 12 losses, 6 have been by a run and another 4 - by 2 runs? Outside of Schoeneweiss getting crushed in KC, Sox aren't getting outplayed as much as they're beating themselves.

Finally they have wised up and are switching to a 4-man rotation (no more 5th starter while the season's on the line, thank God), which should take some pressure off the offense to put up 6-7 runs a game.....

Is it that inconeivable that Carl Everett may remember that he has a sizeable hitting talent afterall? Is it that inconceivable that Robbie starts matching his Arizona production or at least comes within shooting distance? Is it that inconceivable that Valentin and Uribe get back in the April-June groove after a terrible July slump?

Couple that with productive Lee, Davis/Burke and Konerko....and you might be able to hide a Joe Borchard or a Joe Crede in the line-up once in a while without dire consequences.

Ideally, Kenny would get us a couple of relatively inexpensive reinforcements off the waivers to plug the holes, against LHP in particular.....But even if that doesn't happen, why COULDN'T this team get hot again?

Don't get me wrong, I've been as disgusted with and ashamed of the Sox
in the last 2-3 weeks as anyone - probably even said some things I didn't mean in Gameday threads, lol......But, at the same time, it's like, why ARE we completely writing off a team that is only 4 games behind in the loss column with 50+ games to go, including 6 head-head? Haven't we seen enough white-hot streaks from all sorts of teams in the last few years to know better?

I mean, Jesus Christ, D-Rays won 14 out of 15 games at one point. They went 14-1 and the only loss was by a run in the extra innings. Think about THAT!

StockdaleForVeep
08-12-2004, 01:09 AM
Do we realize that as jaw-droppingly horrible as Sox have played in the last 20 days, they're still only 4 games behind Minnesota in the loss column?

And, it bears repeating that out of our last 12 losses, 6 have been by a run and another 4 - by 2 runs? Outside of Schoeneweiss getting crushed in KC, Sox aren't getting outplayed as much as they're beating themselves.

Finally they have wised up and are switching to a 4-man rotation (no more 5th starter while the season's on the line, thank God), which should take some pressure off the offense to put up 6-7 runs a game.....

Is it that inconeivable that Carl Everett may remember that he has a sizeable hitting talent afterall? Is it that inconceivable that Robbie starts matching his Arizona production or at least comes within shooting distance? Is it that inconceivable that Valentin and Uribe get back in the April-June groove after a terrible July slump?

Couple that with productive Lee, Davis/Burke and Konerko....and you might be able to hide a Joe Borchard or a Joe Crede in the line-up once in a while without dire consequences.

Ideally, Kenny would get us a couple of relatively inexpensive reinforcements off the waivers to plug the holes, against LHP in particular.....But even if that doesn't happen, why COULDN'T this team get hot again?

in the last 2-3 weeks as anyone - probably even said some things I didn't mean in Gameday threads, lol......But, at the same time, it's like, why ARE we completely writing off a team that is only 4 games behind in the loss column with 50+ games to go, including 6 head-head? Haven't we seen enough white-hot streaks from all sorts of teams in the last few years to know better?

I mean, Jesus Christ, D-Rays won 14 out of 15 games at one point. They went 14-1 and the only loss was by a run in the extra innings. Think about THAT!

POTW
:thumbsup:

Deadguy
08-12-2004, 01:13 AM
If only the Sox had.......ah to hell with it :angry:

OEO Magglio
08-12-2004, 01:17 AM
POTW
:thumbsup:I second that.

Soxzilla
08-12-2004, 02:24 AM
Do you guys realize how HUGE this cleveland-minnesota series is to end the week!?!?!

By this time next week, hell, even sooner, we could be seeing a NEW division leader. It ain't over my friends. It is definitely not over.:cool:

BarbG
08-12-2004, 02:35 AM
I admire your optimism Soxzilla.

Can I have some?

Evman5
08-12-2004, 02:50 AM
Do you guys realize how HUGE this cleveland-minnesota series is to end the week!?!?!

By this time next week, hell, even sooner, we could be seeing a NEW division leader. It ain't over my friends. It is definitely not over.:cool:
Not only that, but Cleveland and Min play each other 13 more times!!!!! Hopefully they can beat up on each other!!!!! I just hope it matters though!

AnkleSox
08-12-2004, 03:23 AM
Some people may say that Minnesota is due to start playing well again after their recent skid. Weren't the sox due to start playing well 5 games into their huge skid about 2 weeks ago? Maybe the sox can get hot again and minnesota continues to slide so that their massive skid overlaps with the end of the sox massive skid. This late in the year for them would be much worse than the timing for the sox.

It's definitely pathetic that the sox haven't capitalized on Minny's losses and pulled within 1-2 games of the lead, but its still possible to do that.

That being said, i'm still pessimistic about this team's chances, and it will take nothing short of a miracle for the sox to make a playoff appearance. (Miracle : see 2002 Oakland A's).

StockdaleForVeep
08-12-2004, 03:32 AM
Its kinda baseball eerie how the sox and phillies had almost the exact same slide. Both are now 3.5 back in the WC and the sox\phillies have that makeup game at comiskey comin end of the month. Maybe after that game, sox and phillies will return to form and end up winning their divisions by 3+ games.

skobabe8
08-12-2004, 03:47 AM

After reading this, I wanted to run through a wall for this team.

SOMEBODY GET GIMM A SPOT ON THE SOX COACHING STAFF!!! :bandance:

Soxzilla
08-12-2004, 05:18 AM
I admire your optimism Soxzilla.

Can I have some?
Sure why not.

*Gives handful of optimism to barb

Even if the by the slim chance the sox don't take the division. I'm all for cleveland just spanking the crap out of the twins....

......i HATE the twins.:angry:

PaleHoseGeorge
08-12-2004, 06:41 AM
The point of this thread nicely illustrates the adage about trying to outrun a bear.

If your group crosses path with a bear, run like hell. You don't have to outrun the bear. You only need to run faster than your slowest rival.
:cool:

We suck worse than the Twins. That's why we're bear food.
:tongue:

:reinsy
"When I encounter a bear, I stand perfectly still... liking fixing that #5 starter hole the past 3 years."

siugrad25
08-12-2004, 08:32 AM
At work and within friends, I was the last optimist. I would tell people it's not over b/c this team is too good to lose. After every win I believed the season would turn itself around, but I've now come to the realization that I've been fooled once again by a team that just doesn't care. Tell me how a team can scuffle so bad against a weak Kansas City team the past two weeks? Tell me the team can continue to trot out Joe Borchard when the games on the line? Tell me how this team can get back in this race when the schedule now shifts to two weekend series against Boston and they can't beat the Tigers, Indians and Royals? And, like it has been posted here many times, if the Sox were going to make a run at the Twins, wouldn't they have done it already and shown a little life? I'm just glad I get to watch football tonight!!!!

Brian26
08-12-2004, 09:03 AM
So darn frustrating. We could EASILY be 2 games out of first right now. Man.

Tragg
08-12-2004, 09:20 AM
I went to the Tuesday night Minny/Sea game (the scattered Twink fans were obnoxious as hell) and it's hard to understand how we can't hang with a team that starts Mullholland and plays Offerman at DH.
My record seeing the Sox in Seattle is something like 2-14, so I decided to switch my trip around and root for the Mariners for a change.
Kudos to the Mariner fans- lots of them, and loud for a Tuesday night game when the team is horrible.

MRKARNO
08-12-2004, 11:44 AM
By this time next week, hell, even sooner, we could be seeing a NEW division leader. Are you talking about the Cleveland Indians? Because they look like the team that's going to win the division right about now.

Quite honestly, the way the Twins have been playing lately, we should ALREADY be at least within 2 games, possibly even 1. We didn't take the series in Kansas CIty (that's one game) including the single worst pitcher in baseball have a 2 hitter or whatever against us, we didn't win last night (that's two) and we blew the save against Cleveland to lose that game.

It makes me sick to think about how many games we should have won and where we should be right now because honestly we should be 4 games ahead of the Twins right now and this stuff shouldnt be an issue.

Gimm
08-12-2004, 11:50 AM
Some people may say that Minnesota is due to start playing well again after their recent skid. Weren't the sox due to start playing well 5 games into their huge skid about 2 weeks ago? Maybe the sox can get hot again and minnesota continues to slide so that their massive skid overlaps with the end of the sox massive skid.
Today they have Santana going - the man has been doing his best Pedro imitation in the last 2 months.

If 2004 Twins are to follow the same destiny path as its 02 and 03 incarnations, they will NOT lose today.

If they somehow do, you'll know they're catchable......whether by us or by Tribe.

MRKARNO
08-12-2004, 11:56 AM
Today they have Santana going - the man has been doing his best Pedro imitation in the last 2 months.

If 2004 Twins are to follow the same destiny path as its 02 and 03 incarnations, they will NOT lose today.

If they somehow do, you'll know they're catchable......whether by us or by Tribe.
Well right now they're slumping because they cant score runs. The pitching has been decent (hey, who does that sound like), but if you dont score enough runs to win, then you wont win. Just ask the 2003 LA Dodgers

JB98
08-12-2004, 12:06 PM
Well right now they're slumping because they cant score runs. The pitching has been decent (hey, who does that sound like), but if you dont score enough runs to win, then you wont win. Just ask the 2003 LA Dodgers
Did anyone else notice that in Tuesday's 4-3 loss, the Twins had only four hits and three of them were solo HRs? CORPSEBALL COMES TO MINNESOTA!!!!

I wonder if all the Twins fans are talking about trading Morneau, Koskie and Hunter in order to pick up Frank Catalanotto and play more small ball.

Gimm
08-12-2004, 12:09 PM
Doesn't matter. If they lose today, then it's clear they lack the killer instinct of 02 and 03 divisional champs.

This game is EXACTLY what those two teams would have won, in a convincing fashion.

Mudville
08-12-2004, 02:46 PM
I think Koskie hurt his wrist on the game-ending play also. Not that he's a major superstar, but it might give the Twins a few problems if he's out for very long.

ma-gaga
08-12-2004, 04:09 PM
I wonder if all the Twins fans are talking about trading Morneau, Koskie and Hunter in order to pick up Frank Catalanotto and play more small ball.No, they are not. They are talking about J.Jones and L.Rivas, and how much they do or don't SUCK. They are debating which is better, running out a set lineup that continuously struggles against left-handed pitching, or going with the "kids" and rookies that are unproven against lefties, but have better minor league numbers. Moronic managerial choices is always a highly debateable topic. Roster construction is usually fun and lively. What waiver moves could be made. Team Philosophy and how the current roster fits. Debating the contributions of team/individual defense. The minor league phenoms. The need for a #5 starting pitcher has been a pretty good topic for debate as of late. Pretty much the same stuff that get's debated about here, but with a little less "world going to end" vibe, after all, they are STILL just barely hanging onto first place, and there are SOME positives in these losses...

Except for last night's game. That one just sucked.

And of course, they are comparing injuries, "the W.Sox are missing F.Thomas and Magglio", "Yes, but we're missing Joe Mauer and ... Joe Mays." sigh... You know, high level, intelligent discussion.

:gulp:

doublem23
08-12-2004, 04:27 PM
I wonder if all the Twins fans are talking about trading Morneau, Koskie and Hunter in order to pick up Frank Catalanotto and play more small ball.
:)

ozzman
08-12-2004, 04:38 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA,

I am watching the gamecast of our game here at work and since we are delayed, I went to the Minn-Sea game. On deck is Augie Ojeda. that little runt that couldn't even cut it with the scrubs is now playing for the twins.

skobabe8
08-12-2004, 05:52 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA,

I am watching the gamecast of our game here at work and since we are delayed, I went to the Minn-Sea game. On deck is Augie Ojeda. that little runt that couldn't even cut it with the scrubs is now playing for the twins.
HOW BOUT AN UPDATE?

JB98
08-12-2004, 06:54 PM
HOW BOUT AN UPDATE?

Twinks win, 6-3