PDA

View Full Version : Preston Wilson

Gimm
08-12-2004, 12:30 AM
I know he is struggling this year big-time, but he has enormous power ceiling, can hit lefties very well (which this team needs something crazy), has some speed and would be a good RF.

I am not sure if he's signed past 2004 or not, but if he is not...then he would cost the Sox about 2.5 Mill the rest of this season.

I don't think Colorado would have the balls to ask for much in a way of prospects considering he is struggling this year and has had injury problems in the past.

Then try to make a play for Hairston, Jr, also good against lefties.

Aidan
08-12-2004, 12:35 AM
He strikes out a ton and is making $9 million this season and $12 million next season. KW passed on him already when Colorado offered him up. I'd rather spend $12 million on a much better player for next season. Wilson's numbers have been juiced by Coors Field.

Gimm
08-12-2004, 12:37 AM
He strikes out a ton and is making $9 million this season and $12 million next season. KW passed on him already when Colorado offered him up. I'd rather spend $12 million on a much better player for next season.
If he is signed past 2004, then Kenny did the right thing.

Win1ForMe
08-12-2004, 12:39 AM
Dude, we're done...finished...stick a fork in us...Auf Wiedersehen...Adios...Dasvidania...Dowidzenia...Sa yonara...Arrivederci...Au Revoir; we're deader than dead and, more importantly, Preston Wilson sucks.

Lip Man 1
08-12-2004, 12:53 AM
Gimm:

It's over... OK?

With respect, who is next on the acquisition list? Mickey Mantle?

Again I admire your tenacity but it's over.

Lip

SoxxoS
08-12-2004, 11:05 AM
Gimm:

It's over... OK?

Lip
If by some extrodinary circumstance the Sox make the playoffs Lip, you won't be posting during them, will you?

BigEdWalsh
08-12-2004, 11:10 AM
Gimm:

It's over... OK?

Lip
Hey! I wanna know more about this Mantle guy!!! Is he any good?? What position does he play? Is he going out with a supermodel?

Lip Man 1
08-12-2004, 01:08 PM
Sox:

It's funny you rip on me for my 'negativity' yet have you looked at some of your posts the past ten days? Perhaps you should...you're just as 'bad' as the rest of us.

I don't think we'll need to worry about me not being around in October. Your question is a moot point.

Lip

Gimm
08-12-2004, 01:36 PM
Sox:

It's funny you rip on me for my 'negativity' yet have you looked at some of your posts the past ten days? Perhaps you should...you're just as 'bad' as the rest of us.
LipCan't speak for SoxxoS, but I have ripped into this team pretty mercilessly in the last 2 weeks. I don't take lightly to corpseball.

And at the same time, I realize that every situation has unique circumstances that should be approached with a flexible mind.

2001 team lost because of countless injuries.

2002 team was inferior to the Twins after Wells was traded for Ritchie, Lofton hurt his leg and Frank failed to recover from the tricepts tear the year before. Then Durham was traded and that was it.

2003 team had an automatic-loss 5th starter and Koch/White duo sabotaging its chances in the 1st half, putting it into too big a hole that even very good 2nd half couldn't make up for - the team flat-out ran out of gas, physically and emotionally, in September trying to make up for the 1st half Corpseball.

Mistake about it though, they were a VERY good team as our almost sweep of the Yankees in their house showed. Unfortunately, they didn't bring the same intensity against Detroit, TB and SD in the 1st half and it cost them team dearly in the end,.

2004 really has nothing to do with 2001-2003 anymore than 2003 Cubs (only 4 games over .500 entering September) -- with the 2002 Cubs.

SoxxoS
08-12-2004, 02:30 PM
Sox:

I don't think we'll need to worry about me not being around in October. Your question is a moot point.

Lip
I have had some definite positive ones in there...like the one I posted 2 days ago that states that Minnesota has to play us and the Yanks 12 times...it's a long season and the race is not over.

I get frustrated, but your gloom and doom gets tiring. Your baseball knowledge is vast, and the season looks bleak, but your negativity since day 1 takes a toll. You are obviously entitled to your opinion.

Lip Man 1
08-12-2004, 08:47 PM
Sox:

Incorrect...in an effort to appease some of those positive types I made a conscious effort to back off this year. My place was more then taken up by other level headed realists who can see the writing on the wall, especially when you have Willie Harris at second base, no 5th starter and a bullpen average at best.

Doesn't equal a championship even in the Chicago Catholic League.

I'll be very interested in this off season especially after Williams comments to Ladewski. Sounds like he and Ozzie have had enough.

Lip