PDA

View Full Version : Valdez?

nodiggity59
08-11-2004, 11:55 PM
Can anybody give a report on Wilson Valdez? I know he's not projected to be that great of a hitter, but is he good defensively? How far off is he?

Basically I'm wondering if we'll have an infield with Harris-Valdez-Uribe(3B):(: It just kinda seems like we're going in that direction of pitching/defense. Thanx

OEO Magglio
08-12-2004, 12:01 AM
Can anybody give a report on Wilson Valdez? I know he's not projected to be that great of a hitter, but is he good defensively? How far off is he?

Basically I'm wondering if we'll have an infield with Harris-Valdez-Uribe(3B):(: It just kinda seems like we're going in that direction of pitching/defense. ThanxWell he's got a good batting average but he barely draws any walks, I've never seen him play but I've heard he has good speed and a good glove(someone please correct me if I'm wrong). All reports that I've heard say he'll be a utility guy/backup in the majors. Once again I've never seen him play so I'm not the best guy to get info from but that's what I've heard, I'm sure daver/randar/rex or any of the other minor league experts will have better insight then what I gave you but that's just my 2 cents.

Chisoxfn
08-12-2004, 09:37 PM
Good Speed, Good Glove, uses all parts of the field. Doesn't draw any walks.

Randar68
08-14-2004, 11:35 AM
Good Speed, Good Glove, uses all parts of the field. Doesn't draw any walks.

Or hit for any kind of power.

CaptUSN
08-14-2004, 05:25 PM
Since he was with the Marlins last year, Ozzie probably has a warm spot for him, which explains why we got him for Koch.

Gimm
08-14-2004, 05:42 PM
Potentially useful (need a bases loaded pinch-hit to RF? Some pinch-running maybe? Defensive sub? He's your guy) utility infielder.

Grinder.:bandance:

DrCrawdad
08-31-2004, 08:32 AM
Looks as though Wilson will be here soon.

Expect shortstop Wilson Valdez, who was acquired when the Sox sent reliever Billy Koch to Florida, to be called up Wednesday when rosters expand. Valdez is hitting .310 in 61 games at Triple-A Charlotte. - Chicago Cubune, 8/31/04.

Randar68
08-31-2004, 11:09 AM
Looks as though Wilson will be here soon.Why not? He's on the 40-man roster. Might as well give any of those guys a shot at a couple games if their AA or AAA seasons are over...

But even if he pulls a Jaime Burke and hits .370 over 60 AB's, he's still a utility IF'er at best.

gosox41
08-31-2004, 12:28 PM
Why not? He's on the 40-man roster. Might as well give any of those guys a shot at a couple games if their AA or AAA seasons are over...

But even if he pulls a Jaime Burke and hits .370 over 60 AB's, he's still a utility IF'er at best.
I remember something like that being said about Aaron Rowand.
:tongue:

Valdez is probably nothing more then a utility player. But he may be better then the utility players we currently have out there starting.

Bob

Randar68
08-31-2004, 03:08 PM
I remember something like that being said about Aaron Rowand.
:tongue:

Valdez is probably nothing more then a utility player. But he may be better then the utility players we currently have out there starting.

Bob
Willie hit .400 in AAA last year. I'd rather give him more AB's. He has a lot more physical talent than Valdez.

SoxxoS
08-31-2004, 03:41 PM
Willie hit .400 in AAA last year. I'd rather give him more AB's. He has a lot more physical talent than Valdez.
And the good news for the Sox minor leaguers never stops!

Jerome
09-02-2004, 05:06 PM
Your Infield of the Future:
2B-Harris
SS-Valdez/Uribe
3B-Crede/Uribe

HebrewHammer
09-02-2004, 07:26 PM
Your Infield of the Future:
2B-Harris
SS-Valdez/Uribe
3B-Crede/Uribe:o: