PDA

View Full Version : Highlight of the night

inta
08-11-2004, 10:28 PM
glad to see only 18000 showed up to watch these sorry losers tonight... and showered them with boo's throughout the game.

sox fans rule.
hell i dont even want to be a sox fan anymore, i'm a sox fan fan.

bafiarocks03
08-11-2004, 10:29 PM
glad to see only 18000 showed up to watch these sorry losers tonight... and showered them with boo's throughout the game.
all right..i love 18,000!! i hat 30,000!! good job people stay at home...but its also cuz it was cold!!

South Side
08-11-2004, 10:30 PM
The constant boos were a nice touch. 18,000 geez... that is pretty sad considering how much we were averaging before the the 2 weeks of hell. :(:

South Side
08-11-2004, 10:31 PM
all right..i love 18,000!! i hat 30,000!! good job people stay at home...but its also cuz it was cold!!
I believe it was cold on the North side tonight as well... :?:

skobabe8
08-11-2004, 10:32 PM
sox fans dont take s**t from anyone. espn will probably lamblast us for not showing up to support a team thats in the division race.

mcfish
08-11-2004, 10:35 PM
I believe it was cold on the North side tonight as well... :?:It's not that hard to figure out. The Sox didn't sell out the whole season in April, the Sox haven't played good baseball in 8 weeks, it was a cold night, and it was Wednesday - which is a night set up for bad attendance sandwiched between 2 half price nights and dollar dog day.

Lip Man 1
08-11-2004, 10:36 PM
South Side says: "I believe it was cold on the North side tonight as well."

Well I believe that team is also in the lead for the Wild Card race. The Sox are neither in contention for the Wild Card and are, for all intents and purposes, out of the divisional race. Hell they are only one game over .500!

I did enjoy hearing the boo's though. They should let the team know they are embarrassed by the garbage.

Lip

inta
08-11-2004, 10:36 PM
but its also cuz it was cold!!
i prefer to call it "playoff weather"

:angry:

dcb33
08-11-2004, 10:43 PM
sox fans dont take s**t from anyone. espn will probably lamblast us for not showing up to support a team thats in the division race.
:boston
"Wait a minute, you mean to tell me there are other teams in the leauge besides the Yanks and the (RED) Sox?"

Brian26
08-11-2004, 10:50 PM

Well I believe that team is also in the lead for the Wild Card race. The Sox are neither in contention for the Wild Card and are, for all intents and purposes, out of the divisional race. Hell they are only one game over .500!
Lip, please. The drunks on my train this afternoon coming into the city to watch the Cubs weren't going to be able to tell you what team was wearing blue by the time the first pitch was thrown. It's a beer garden, whether the home team is in the wild card lead or 4th place. That's not going to change anytime soon. Tonight, it just happened to be a cold beer garden.

Great train ride moment tonight after a long day of work: I really loved listening to the dueche bag on his cell phone tonight, already drunk off his ass and still 30 minutes away from the city, trying to book a limo to pick him and his 11 other friends up at Wrigley Field at 2am and take them back out to the western suburbs. Classic. "I'd like to make a reservation. Um, Wrigley Field."

Brian26
08-11-2004, 10:51 PM
F the north side. :angry:

dcb33
08-11-2004, 10:55 PM
I believe it was cold on the North side tonight as well... :?:If the "fans" of that "team" are willing to let massive chunks of concrete fall on top of them so they can watch their Cubbies, what makes you think a little bit of 60 degree weather will stop them?

South Side
08-11-2004, 10:56 PM

I did enjoy hearing the boo's though. They should let the team know they are embarrassed by the garbage.

Lip
That was my point, if a team is winning the cold isn't going to have anything to do with the attendence. The cold is no excuse, it's the performance on the field the past 2 weeks that resulted in 18,000 tonight.

StillMissOzzie
08-11-2004, 11:02 PM
Probably, but those tickets were all sold months ago. As long as the sCrUBS are still in plyoff contention, those tix aren't gonna be eaten. As someone else pointed out earlier, tonight's game is sandwiched between the Monday & Tuesday half-price nights and Thursday's Dollar Dog Day. Any crowd for tonight's game would have been walk-up traffic, and THEY are the ones staying home on a chilly night. Can't blame 'em.

SMO

Gimm
08-11-2004, 11:03 PM
.Remember how just a month ago every other Sox fan was dreaming of Randy Johnson and all the summer sell-outs that would result.....

JR will learn how quickly those 35K a weekday crowds can turn into 17K weekend crowds as the team loses this pathetic division AGAIN.

SomebodyToldMe
08-11-2004, 11:55 PM
yeah i was there. the boos were crazy. and well deserved.

next game i'm going to, i'm going like this: :anon:

Lip Man 1
08-11-2004, 11:56 PM
Gimm:

What does he care? He's got almost two million tickets in the bank right now. He could care less if nobody else shows up for the rest of the year.

His profit margin is already met and exceeded.

Lip

doublem23
08-12-2004, 12:06 AM
Gimm:

What does he care? He's got almost two million tickets in the bank right now. He could care less if nobody else shows up for the rest of the year.

His profit margin is already met and exceeded.

Lip
:rolleyes:

StockdaleForVeep
08-12-2004, 12:12 AM
Lip, please. The drunks on my train this afternoon coming into the city to watch the Cubs weren't going to be able to tell you what team was wearing blue by the time the first pitch was thrown. It's a beer garden, whether the home team is in the wild card lead or 4th place. That's not going to change anytime soon. Tonight, it just happened to be a cold beer garden.

Great train ride moment tonight after a long day of work: I really loved listening to the dueche bag on his cell phone tonight, already drunk off his ass and still 30 minutes away from the city, trying to book a limo to pick him and his 11 other friends up at Wrigley Field at 2am and take them back out to the western suburbs. Classic. "I'd like to make a reservation. Um, Wrigley Field."

Im surprised the scrubs havent made wrigley open during the off season cuz people would come just to say "HEY I DRANK AT WRIGLEY, HOW COOL AM I MAN!"

Nellie_Fox
08-12-2004, 12:14 AM
Why is half this thread from people who can't summon up the energy to push down the "shift" key to capitalize the start of sentences, proper nouns, etc.?

It's really not that hard folks. It makes your writing so much easier to read. That's why the convention started in the first place; to make the writing easier to read. This is a written medium, after all.

TornLabrum
08-12-2004, 12:45 AM
Why is half this thread from people who can't summon up the energy to push down the "shift" key to capitalize the start of sentences, proper nouns, etc.?

It's really not that hard folks. It makes your writing so much easier to read. That's why the convention started in the first place; to make the writing easier to read. This is a written medium, after all.
What are you, some kind of old fogie?

Nellie_Fox
08-12-2004, 12:46 AM
What are you, some kind of old fogie?Yes.

Yes I am.

Thank you for your inquiry. :D:

SomebodyToldMe
08-12-2004, 12:50 AM

can't summon up the energy is right.

i'm a lazy lazy guy.

Nellie_Fox
08-12-2004, 01:16 AM
can't summon up the energy is right.

i'm a lazy lazy guy.Then I can't summon up the energy to read you.

I'm going back to my philosophy of just putting people who won't capitalize on "ignore." Then you won't annoy me, and I won't annoy you by complaining about it.

Suggested reading: Eats, Shoots & Leaves by Lynne Truss.

alohafri
08-12-2004, 12:16 PM
I was a ringleader when it came to booing. I'm fed up with the ineptness of this (alleged) Major League team. I wonder if anyone heard us heckling May, the Royal's pitcher--we were trying to jinx him out of the no-hitter--and it worked! As soon as we started heckling him, the hits started coming.

Then we started heckling the Sox--"Don't swing on the first pitch!!"--stuff like that.

Although the cold scared away some people, it actually was not that bad if you were out of the wind like we were in sec. 127. I brought my Sox blanket but ended up sitting on it as I didn't need it (and Mrs. Aloha is ALWAYS cold).

---Mrs. Aloha

the_valenstache
08-12-2004, 12:47 PM
I'm going back to my philosophy of just putting people who won't capitalize on "ignore." Then you won't annoy me, and I won't annoy you by complaining about it.

Should I take this post as a confirmation of my suspicions that my dream of becoming a professor of English at some accredited university will only result in bitterness and some kind of ecclectic superiority complex?

I'm actually more annoyed on the regular by those who refuse to just type the following words: Cubs, Yankees, Tribune.

For example:

Dude **** the sCrUBBIES!! THe CUBune allways ****s their *****just like ESPN and the YankMEES!

Baby Fisk
08-12-2004, 01:16 PM
Should I take this post as a confirmation of my suspicions that my dream of becoming a professor of English at some accredited university will only result in bitterness and some kind of ecclectic superiority complex?

I'm actually more annoyed on the regular by those who refuse to just type the following words: Cubs, Yankees, Tribune.

For example:

Dude **** the sCrUBBIES!! THe CUBune allways ****s their *****just like ESPN and the YankMEES!Is Valenstache another example? Sorry, couldn't resist. :cool: