PDA

View Full Version : Last weekend's four game set

MRKARNO
08-11-2004, 10:03 PM
Coming into the four game set with the Indians on Friday, the Sox were only a game ahead of the Tribe. By the time the series was over, the Tribe had overtaken our White Sox. It's starting to hit me that maybe that series was a turning point in the history of the AL Central. The Indians, one of the worse teams in the division for the past 2.5 years now had overtaken the perrenial second place team, the Chicago White Sox. I am afraid that we will look back on this series in a few years and say, this was one of the big steps that the Indians took that led to their second dynasty period. Anyone else see it this way too? I hope I can laugh about this next year when we win 95 games behind a dominant pitching staff, but I feel that it's a lot more likely that the tribe take this division and make it theirs for an extended period.

Mohoney
08-11-2004, 11:44 PM
Coming into the four game set with the Indians on Friday, the Sox were only a game ahead of the Tribe. By the time the series was over, the Tribe had overtaken our White Sox. It's starting to hit me that maybe that series was a turning point in the history of the AL Central. The Indians, one of the worse teams in the division for the past 2.5 years now had overtaken the perrenial second place team, the Chicago White Sox. I am afraid that we will look back on this series in a few years and say, this was one of the big steps that the Indians took that led to their second dynasty period. Anyone else see it this way too? I hope I can laugh about this next year when we win 95 games behind a dominant pitching staff, but I feel that it's a lot more likely that the tribe take this division and make it theirs for an extended period.

Cleveland is red hot right now. I think that eventually they will settle back into 3rd and finish with about 83 wins.

But you're absolutely right. Their rebuilding program is about 2 years ahead of schedule, and if they sign a free agent pitcher like Carl Pavano or Russ Ortiz, they will own this division for the next 3 or 4 years.