PDA

View Full Version : If we're only 4 games back...

nodiggity59
08-11-2004, 10:00 PM
...going into our last 2 series with the Twins, we can TOTALLY win this thing. If we go 4-2 in those series and win 2 more than the Twins in the other last 20 games or so, we've got it.

Basically I'm not giving up until we face the Twins again. If we're more than 4 back at that point, THEN I'll toss in the towel....

Dub25
08-11-2004, 10:03 PM
...going into our last 2 series with the Twins, we can TOTALLY win this thing. If we go 4-2 in those series and win 2 more than the Twins in the other last 20 games or so, we've got it.

Basically I'm not giving up until we face the Twins again. If we're more than 4 back at that point, THEN I'll toss in the towel....
I was going to say something but I don't know what to say this. Somebody else help this guy.

idseer
08-11-2004, 10:04 PM

now there are 2 teams 2 or more games ahead of us. now they BOTH have to go into the toilet for the sox to do it. it AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN!

it's not like the sox have momentum or anything. they are a .500 team and will be lucky to stay that way to the end. stop torturing yourself.

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-11-2004, 10:04 PM
man...i like ur optimism..but if were loosing to the the ****ing royals...

OEO Magglio
08-11-2004, 10:05 PM
now there are 2 teams 2 or more games ahead of us. now they BOTH have to go into the toilet for the sox to do it. it AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN!

it's not like the sox have momentum or anything. they are a .500 team and will be lucky to stay that way to the end. stop torturing yourself.And they still have to play each other 13 times, why can't they beat up on each other?

StepsInSC
08-11-2004, 10:05 PM
You're right. We can beat the Twins, and help the Indians move into first place!

skobabe8
08-11-2004, 10:16 PM
i love the unbridled enthusiasm, nodiggity. Lord knows I'm tryin to find some.

South Side
08-11-2004, 10:19 PM
I would be with you on this one if I hadn't just watched the game... Check back with me tomorrow and I might agree. Until then, they better get their heads out of their asses and starting winning consistently! AHHHHHHHH :angry:

jackbrohamer
08-12-2004, 09:49 AM
Tough with this bunch. A split with the Tribe & hitting May like every else in the league seems to be able to would've had them 3 games out today. But the way they're playing they'll be lucky to stay above .500

Tekijawa
08-12-2004, 10:17 AM
Is there any way we can continue to lose and move up in the standing as I see that as being our only hope...

Eddie Gaedel
08-12-2004, 10:38 AM
...going into our last 2 series with the Twins, we can TOTALLY win this thing. If we go 4-2 in those series and win 2 more than the Twins in the other last 20 games or so, we've got it."Yeah, and if a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his ass a-hoppin'!"
http://users.nlamerica.com/dixiebai/ra/IMAGES/nathansr.gif

idseer
08-12-2004, 10:53 AM
"Yeah, and if a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his ass a-hoppin'!"
http://users.nlamerica.com/dixiebai/ra/IMAGES/nathansr.gif
who the heck is that?

mdep524
08-12-2004, 11:03 AM
Is there any way we can continue to lose and move up in the standing as I see that as being our only hope...
If the Twins play doubleheaders every day we have a chance of moving up in the standings even if we lose.

Fungo
08-12-2004, 12:07 PM
IF (that's a big IF) we did happen to make the playoffs, does any one honestly think we would do anything? I was holding out hope with the possible return of Frank & Maggs to give us a boost if we made it to the playoffs. But now knowing they are gone for the year, I cannot possibly think of a reason why anyone would think that this team, as currently constructed, would do anything other than show up for round one of the playoffs. I hate to sound grim, but I have no confidence in this team against the Detroits & KCs of the world, let alone the Yankees, Angels, Red Sox, A's or whoever else makes it to the playoffs.

Mohoney
08-12-2004, 12:13 PM
IF (that's a big IF) we did happen to make the playoffs, does any one honestly think we would do anything? I was holding out hope with the possible return of Frank & Maggs to give us a boost if we made it to the playoffs. But now knowing they are gone for the year, I cannot possibly think of a reason why anyone would think that this team, as currently constructed, would do anything other than show up for round one of the playoffs. I hate to sound grim, but I have no confidence in this team against the Detroits & KCs of the world, let alone the Yankees, Angels, Red Sox, A's or whoever else makes it to the playoffs.

I would be thrilled just to make it to the playoffs. If we can make the playoffs without the heart of our lineup, Kenny Williams deserves Executive of the Year.

It's not like the Cubs were some kind of juggernaught last year, and they were able to beat a far superior Braves team in the 1st round. Sometimes, teams just choke in the playoffs. Once you get in, there is ALWAYS hope.