PDA

View Full Version : Not Again, Ken!

Jjav829
08-11-2004, 07:54 PM
Ken Griffey Jr. is done for the year, again. He tore his hamstring, again. This is really starting to get ridiculous. He needs to go back to the AL and DH. It's a shame to have to take a good defensive player and DH him, but if that can keep him healthy then it has to be done. It really sucks to watch this happen to him year after year after year.

Link (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1857463)

bafiarocks03
08-11-2004, 10:37 PM
i heard about that...thats sucks..hes hurt like every season!!!

StockdaleForVeep
08-11-2004, 11:40 PM
Ken Griffey Jr. is done for the year, again. He tore his hamstring, again. This is really starting to get ridiculous. He needs to go back to the AL and DH. It's a shame to have to take a good defensive player and DH him, but if that can keep him healthy then it has to be done. It really sucks to watch this happen to him year after year after year.

They need to babe ruth him and just let him hit and have someone take over running. It was running home in springtraining i believe a few seasons ago when he first tore his hamstring

Im not a medical expert but, if you tear yer hamstring, isnt it a severe enough injury to risk a career since it may screw up your running(hey, carl was gonna do it to judge Smails in) And with Junior doin this multiple times, i wonder how he can even run period. Then again we do live in a medical age where McGahee can tear 3 ligaments and be back in 11-13 months, my bro tore his acl in 91 and still have movement problems in his knee.

This has to be baseballs most tragic story next to that kid from tampa who broke his arm twice pitching. I still remember when Junior was bein considered the best baseball player alive and how he was predicted to break all these records. Hell i remember a sox\seattle series when they were talking about the HOMERUN race between Griffey and Thomas and how they could possibly chase marris.

Aidan
08-12-2004, 12:02 AM
Griffey has not played a full season since the Reds signed him. He has been a bust for the Reds, no doubt about it. Griffey would be a risky option to be a DH on an A.L. team.

He has only played 462 games in 5 seasons with the Reds. So basically, in 5 seasons with the Reds, Griffey hasn't even played 3 seasons worth of baseball games for them. That is just putrid especially with this contract...

http://img55.exs.cx/img55/2313/Griffey.jpg

doublem23
08-12-2004, 12:12 AM
He has only played 462 games in 5 seasons with the Reds. So basically, in 5 seasons with the Reds, Griffey hasn't even played 3 seasons worth of baseball games for them. That is just putrid especially with this contract...
I'm sure he meant to tear him hamstring. :rolleyes:

Aidan
08-12-2004, 12:14 AM
I'm sure he meant to tear him hamstring. :rolleyes:What does it matter? He gets injured every season now. It's like clockwork. You can't deny that. Would you want him on the White Sox knowing that? This guy could get injured as a DH. I'm just glad he isn't wasting $12.5 million a year of the White Sox money. He was a great player for the Mariners but it was all downhill after he left.

StockdaleForVeep
08-12-2004, 12:21 AM
Griffey has not played a full season since the Reds signed him. He has been a bust for the Reds, no doubt about it. Griffey would be a risky option to be a DH on an A.L. team.

http://img55.exs.cx/img55/2313/Griffey.jpg

His first season with the reds he did hit 40 homeruns with a 271 avg and played 145 games that year. I dont know if it was injury shortened or just days off.

StockdaleForVeep
08-12-2004, 12:22 AM
What does it matter? He gets injured every season now. It's like clockwork. You can't deny that. Would you want him on the White Sox knowing that? This guy could get injured as a DH. I'm just glad he isn't wasting $12.5 million a year of the White Sox money. He was a great player for the Mariners but it was all downhill after he left.

Frank thomas has begun playing this injury bug lately. I dont know your stance but should frank go?

StillMissOzzie
08-12-2004, 12:49 AM
Frank thomas has begun playing this injury bug lately. I dont know your stance but should frank go?
No, because Frank is not due another $54 million over the remaining years of this contract. [ 4 x $12.5M + $4M buyout ]. I can't even see the Yankmees taking this one on.

SMO
:gulp:

StockdaleForVeep
08-12-2004, 01:03 AM
No, because Frank is not due another $54 million over the remaining years of this contract. [ 4 x $12.5M + $4M buyout ]. I can't even see the Yankmees taking this one on.

SMO
:gulp:

But there are plenty of people who say due to Franks injuries and his age\how much he makes, he should be dumped. Im not one of these but theyre out there.

Aidan
08-12-2004, 04:04 AM
Frank thomas has begun playing this injury bug lately. I dont know your stance but should frank go?Frank has never been injured for 5 straight seasons like clockwork and he isn't set to earn $12.5 million until the day he dies either. Bad comparison.

I would honestly be afraid of having Ken Griffey even as a DH. The guy actually got injured last week running the bases, not in the field. :o: But that is exactly what the Reds will have to do. They need to trade him to an A.L. team so Griffey can attempt to finish his career as a DH and stay healthy. They also need to dump that disgusting contract.

illiniwhitesox
08-12-2004, 08:28 AM
There was a time where Jr. was, flat-out, the best CF in baseball. I, personally, feel he was along with Bonds, the most complete 5 tool player I ever have seen.

With Seattle, you could write down 280/45/130 and a gold-glove every year. I hate to see a player have a span of 8 years like this, at such a young age, just literally blow-up.

If I were Jr., I would seriously consider 1B if I were going to continue to play in the NL. Unlike Piazza, he could handle the glove-work.

It has been reported that he tore the hamstring from the bone. That is the worst-case scenario. He will never have the same type of speed again.

gosox41
08-12-2004, 08:43 AM

And how many people last season wanted KW to go after him.

It's unfortunate, but Griffey is injury prone. That means he gets hurt a lot like this year. It's a good thing the Sox never pursued him seriously.

Bob