PDA

View Full Version : White Sox interested in SP Matt Kinney...

Aidan
08-11-2004, 08:35 PM
From the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel on 8/11/04...
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/brew/aug04/250274.asp
CLUBHOUSE CONFIDENTIAL

Brewers general manager Doug Melvin is trying to work out a trade for right-hander Matt Kinney, who was designated for assignment on Friday. Melvin said he talked to a number of clubs and the Chicago White Sox apparently are one of the interested suitors.Matt Kinney's Career Numbers (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/stats?statsId=6554)

MisterB
08-11-2004, 08:44 PM
Why import crappy pitchers when we have plenty of our own? :?:

Aidan
08-11-2004, 08:44 PM
Why import crappy pitchers when we have plenty of our own? :?:Kinney can't be any worse than Felix Diaz. Diaz may be good one day but that day isn't today. :tongue:

BigEdWalsh
08-11-2004, 08:45 PM
Let him go somewhere else.:kukoo:

Erik The Red
08-11-2004, 08:45 PM
5.18 career ERA, 17-26 lifetime record.... meh....

If he's not good enough to pitch for the Brewers, then I dunno...

Aidan
08-11-2004, 08:47 PM
5.18 career ERA, 17-26 lifetime record.... meh....

If he's not good enough to pitch for the Brewers, then I dunno...Kinney was hot in the first half last season and then he fell apart in the second half. I remember because I had him on my Fantasy Baseball team. :tongue:

Erik The Red
08-11-2004, 08:49 PM
That's just what we need then, someone who falls off the map in the 2nd half.

dickallen15
08-11-2004, 11:28 PM
If the Sox get Kinney, will the permission to print playoff tickets soon follow?

michned
08-11-2004, 11:58 PM
Kinney was hot in the first half last season and then he fell apart in the second half. I remember because I had him on my Fantasy Baseball team. :tongue:
But KW feels he has spotted a flaw in his delivery that is causing him to tip his pitches...

kitekrazy
08-12-2004, 12:57 AM
Maybe it's his batting avg. that they are interested in.

Huisj
08-12-2004, 10:44 AM
He's a Twins castoff. Now, I know this is highly improbable, but wouldn't it be cool if he came and pitched good and got the sox to catch his old team?

jenmcm76
08-12-2004, 02:43 PM
Interesting side note on Matt Kinney - he played little league ball with Stephen King's son Owen, and led that team to the 1989 Eastern Regional Little League Championship in Bristol.

Kinney is one of several little league players featured "Head Down", King's nonfiction account of that season (can be found in the collection "Nightmares and Dreamscapes". According to Stephen King (a HUGE baseball fan, BTW), Kinney at 12 was "far from overpowering, but his fastball has a sneaky, snaky little hop, and he also has a modest but effective breaking pitch", and that unlike most 12-year-olds, his curveball "actually curves".

jenmcm76
08-13-2004, 04:56 PM
So much for Kinney - the Royals picked him up today.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-royals-kinney&prov=ap&type=lgns

DSpivack
08-13-2004, 11:18 PM
Interesting side note on Matt Kinney - he played little league ball with Stephen King's son Owen, and led that team to the 1989 Eastern Regional Little League Championship in Bristol.

Kinney is one of several little league players featured "Head Down", King's nonfiction account of that season (can be found in the collection "Nightmares and Dreamscapes". According to Stephen King (a HUGE baseball fan, BTW), Kinney at 12 was "far from overpowering, but his fastball has a sneaky, snaky little hop, and he also has a modest but effective breaking pitch", and that unlike most 12-year-olds, his curveball "actually curves".
Continuing the White Sox connection to Stephen King? [Tom Gordon]...

Royals got him, oh well. This season has been scary enough, anyway.