PDA

View Full Version : Knock Wrigley down????

Tekijawa
08-11-2004, 02:07 PM
how dare the trib even concider!

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-0408110118aug11,1,6202927.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-11-2004, 02:14 PM
shouldnt that be in teal?

KNOCK IT DOWN! KNOCK IT DOWN!:angry:

Do you know how great that would be? :supernana:

Baby Fisk
08-11-2004, 02:18 PM
shouldnt that be in teal?

KNOCK IT DOWN! KNOCK IT DOWN!:angry:

Do you know how great that would be? :supernana:Bear in mind, tho, that once the urinal is condemned, we will be smothered and suffocated with propaganda about the Cubbies' Fabulous And Wonderful New Baseball Palace Of The World! The Greatest New Stadium Ever! Imagine the comparisons of the new Cub stadium to USCF. It will be a ****ing nightmare. :mad:

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-11-2004, 02:20 PM
Bear in mind, tho, that once the urinal is condemned, we will be smothered and suffocated with propaganda about the Cubbies' Fabulous And Wonderful New Baseball Palace Of The World! The Greatest New Stadium Ever! Imagine the comparisons of the new Cub stadium to USCF. It will be a ****ing nightmare. :mad:
True but there are the positives. No more of that "Shrine" Crap and No more cubs fans making fun of us for renovating.

JDP
08-11-2004, 02:23 PM
True but there are the positives. No more of that "Shrine" Crap and No more cubs fans making fun of us for renovating.
Move the Cubs while they're at it. DC still looking for a team?

Tekijawa
08-11-2004, 02:26 PM
They'd probably have a disaster on their hands. I imagine a hole in the ground full of asbestos and other toxic waste. They would have to call in a HAZMAT company t ohaul everything away and then the site would be deemed as unsafe for humans and where wrigle once stood there would be a large hole in the gound where flocks of School children would throw their lunch money in and make a wish for the Rockford Cubs to make the playoffs. The bars would close down, eventually the neighborhood would be over run by the Latin Kings again and Ronnie Woo Woo's lottery tickets would be bought with food stamps and pocket change and everything will be right in the world!

Erik The Red
08-11-2004, 02:29 PM
The scrubbies would have to play at the Cell for a year. **** that, I say let them play in Champaign for a year like the Bears.

JDP
08-11-2004, 02:32 PM
The scrubbies would have to play at the Cell for a year. **** that, I say let them play in Champaign for a year like the Bears.
That went well didn't it

Erik The Red
08-11-2004, 02:38 PM
What do you mean by that? Well as in the record the Bears posted while there? If that's the case, all the more reason :smile:

MRKARNO
08-11-2004, 02:45 PM
That went well didn't it
No need to worry because the passionate Cubby faithful will manage to get down to Champaign and sell out most of the 81 home games because they're such great fans!

Tekijawa
08-11-2004, 02:56 PM
You also have to think about "the curse" if this were to happen to. If I remember Corectly the curse was that a World Series would never be played in Wrigley again... could this be the only thing holding them back???

Baby Fisk
08-11-2004, 03:00 PM
You also have to think about "the curse" if this were to happen to. If I remember Corectly the curse was that a World Series would never be played in Wrigley again... could this be the only thing holding them back???Your fears are well-founded. A new stadium could unleash a new apocalypse for us here.

Unless we win it first!

Erik The Red
08-11-2004, 03:23 PM
Unless we win it first! Shouldn't that have been in teal?

RKMeibalane
08-11-2004, 03:25 PM
Shouldn't that have been in teal?
Deep pink, actually.

Erik The Red
08-11-2004, 03:30 PM
:smile:

the_valenstache
08-11-2004, 03:36 PM
They'd probably have a disaster on their hands. I imagine a hole in the ground full of asbestos and other toxic waste. They would have to call in a HAZMAT company t ohaul everything away and then the site would be deemed as unsafe for humans and where wrigle once stood there would be a large hole in the gound where flocks of School children would throw their lunch money in and make a wish for the Rockford Cubs to make the playoffs. The bars would close down, eventually the neighborhood would be over run by the Latin Kings again and Ronnie Woo Woo's lottery tickets would be bought with food stamps and pocket change and everything will be right in the world!
http://skepdic.com/graphics/nostradamus.gif

Nostradamus wants his notebooks back, Tek.
:D:

owensmouth
08-11-2004, 06:43 PM
Let them build the new Cubbies Park in the parking lot across the street from Wrigley Field.

I seem to remember that the White Sox didn't use the Northsider's facility. The Cubs need to complete their new ball mall before they tear down Wrigley.

cubhater
08-11-2004, 06:55 PM
I'll huff and puff and blow your stadium down!:D: