PDA

View Full Version : Surprise treasure found...

Wanne
08-11-2004, 02:17 PM
Sorry to clutter the Clubhouse with this...but I thought it was VERY COOL. While packing this past weekend to move into my new house...I opened this trunk I had to toss some junk...and at the bottom, wrapped in plastic I found this in MINT condition.
http://www.isoc.net/cid/cbfans/megabbs2/photos/get-photo.asp?photoid=480

I'll probably hold on to it...I loved the jackets...hated the uniforms though. Wonder what it would fetch on ebay or something though. Like I said...I'll probably just keep it cause I always thought these were very cool jackets.

S.S. Lumber Yard
08-11-2004, 02:51 PM
Nice Find.

:)

Baby Fisk
08-11-2004, 02:53 PM
Best. Logo. Ever. :cool:

:lsox

mealfred13
08-11-2004, 02:57 PM
Sorry to clutter the Clubhouse with this...but I thought it was VERY COOL. While packing this past weekend to move into my new house...I opened this trunk I had to toss some junk...and at the bottom, wrapped in plastic I found this in MINT condition.
http://www.isoc.net/cid/cbfans/megabbs2/photos/get-photo.asp?photoid=480

I'll probably hold on to it...I loved the jackets...hated the uniforms though. Wonder what it would fetch on ebay or something though. Like I said...I'll probably just keep it cause I always thought these were very cool jackets.
HAHAH, Freaking AMAZING! I found the exact same thing in my closet, whilst doing my yearly major room cleaning just before my birthday last week. It was my dad's from god knows when and he gave it to me a couple years ago. Totally forgot about it, but there it is. Not quite as minty fresh as yours, but same thing nonetheless. Nice coincidence ;)

Nellie_Fox
08-12-2004, 01:35 AM
Best. Logo. Ever.Surely. You're. Kidding.

Compared to the current (and past) one? Not even close.

doublem23
08-12-2004, 01:53 AM
Surely. You're. Kidding.

Compared to the current (and past) one? Not even close.
Nellie once again is the voice of reason. :)

Aidan
08-12-2004, 04:59 AM
Best. Logo. Ever. :cool:

:lsox
UGLIEST... LOGO... EVAR!!! :dtroll:

OEO Magglio
08-12-2004, 05:04 AM
Compared to the current (and past) one? Not even close.Agreed.

Baby Fisk
08-12-2004, 09:47 AM
*picking the garbage out of his hair*

Lemme tell you why I love this logo more than the others. This is the first Sox logo I was exposed to as a kid (along with the 76-81 navy uniforms), so there's a personal nostalgia attached to it. It speaks of Hitmen, afros, disco demolition, Veeck2, Pudge, Dotson, Trout, Luzinski, etc. Professor Nellie loves the old logo for the same reason. His idol is Fox. Mine is Fisk. See the co-relation?

Aidan: "EVAR"???? :?:

And please don't "troll" me. Use that image appropriately or not at all.