PDA

View Full Version : Sammy - "Team Player"

kittle42
08-11-2004, 12:34 PM
http://www.suntimes.com/output/cubs/cst-spt-csep11.html

For all the crap Frank gets in this town, why does Sammalaya always get a free pass?

Tekijawa
08-11-2004, 12:40 PM
Sammy Sosa the "sensitive Warrior" Warrior poet, a man for all seasons...

How about slumping, aging, crappy, egomaniac?

Uncle_Patrick
08-11-2004, 12:51 PM
http://www.suntimes.com/output/cubs/cst-spt-csep11.html

For all the crap Frank gets in this town, why does Sammalaya always get a free pass?Sammy knows how to play the game (I'm not talking about baseball) and use the media to his advantage, and Frank doesn't. Sammy can put up a good front, and as long as he was hitting homers and putting up the numbers, nobody cared otherwise. Frank can't put up the act, he says how he feels, and yes, sometimes it comes across as whiney, and the media digs into him. Frank just isn't able to put the spin on things that Sammy can. I mean, come on, Sammy is a proven cheater. Whether or not cork actual helps, whether or not he did it purposely, the guy when to the plate with an illegal baseball bat and was busted red handed. He even partially blamed it on the fans, saying that he used that bat in batting practice to put on a show for them. And Cubs fans still love him! Frank Thomas would have been run out of town.

kittle42
08-11-2004, 12:56 PM
He even partially blamed it on the fans, saying that he used that bat in batting practice to put on a show for them. And Cubs fans still love him! Frank Thomas would have been run out of town.This reminds me of something that I have meant to post for a while. Has anyone noticed that the vendors outside the Urinal sell shirts next to their "We Got Wood" ones that say "We Got Cork"? The idiots celebrate the fact that their hero cheated. I hate them all.

Uncle_Patrick
08-11-2004, 01:00 PM
This reminds me of something that I have meant to post for a while. Has anyone noticed that the vendors outside the Urinal sell shirts next to their "We Got Wood" ones that say "We Got Cork"? The idiots celebrate the fact that their hero cheated. I hate them all.
Only morons would celebrate cheating. What a bunch of losers.

Blueprint1
08-11-2004, 01:03 PM
This reminds me of something that I have meant to post for a while. Has anyone noticed that the vendors outside the Urinal sell shirts next to their "We Got Wood" ones that say "We Got Cork"? The idiots celebrate the fact that their hero cheated. I hate them all.
One thing i do have to say is that cubs fans do a great job of turning bad things about their team into positives. Like the stupid people wearing the hardhats to the games now.

Jerko
08-11-2004, 01:03 PM
I think Sammy wins the "media game" more because of who his target audience is than anything he's ever done himself.

SOXSINCE'70
08-11-2004, 01:12 PM
It's hard to stop "The Gladiator".:chunks

If Scott Rolen goes to his manager Tony LaRussa and tells him he'll bat lower in the lineup to make Larry Walker feel more comfortable or Frank Thomas tells Ozzie he'll bat 4th because Maggs is the better hitter for the
3 hole,what does that tell you about how SELFISH most athletes can be?

the_valenstache
08-11-2004, 01:58 PM
Only morons would celebrate cheating. What a bunch of losers.

You must have missed Chick Gandil Throwback & Bobblehead Day at the Cell last week.

Tekijawa
08-11-2004, 02:06 PM
One thing i do have to say is that cubs fans do a great job of turning bad things about their team into positives. Like the stupid people wearing the hardhats to the games now.
Yeah but now whe don't know if the Hard hats are because the falling debris or because Prior's pitching, and you don't know where the ball will end up anymore.

Uncle_Patrick
08-11-2004, 02:09 PM
You must have missed Chick Gandil Throwback & Bobblehead Day at the Cell last week.
Yeah, I think they also handed out betting slips at the gate.

zach23
08-13-2004, 11:13 AM
More today on SamMe the great team player.

http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/dssports/pro/131sd4.htm

Rocky Soprano
08-13-2004, 11:19 AM
Last night Jim Rome ripped Sosa a new behind. He said Sammy has always been about Sammy and not about the Cubs. He went on for a bit and at the end he said, Sammy you are not a warrior, you are a baby.

:D:

eriqjaffe
08-13-2004, 12:06 PM
"When you start bangin', that takes care of everything," Baker said. "That's the key word bangin'. Sammy's going to bang. Count on it."

Please, Dusty, let's keep this article focused on baseball. Leave Sammy's personal troubles out of it.

Huisj
08-13-2004, 12:46 PM
Some guy from Chicago just called in to Jim Rome's show complaining about how the "White Sox" media is making fun of Sosa and turning on him for supposedly saying the F word to the fans yesterday when they boo'd him.

That's the first I've heard about him yelling back at the fans.

But even stranger is that this moron kept calling the chicago media the "White Sox" media and the "Bandwagon" media. What the heck is this guy talking about? White Sox media? The dude is nuts. Sounds like an idiot cubs fan who is pissed about people being mean to sammy, so he's blaming all the problems on the White Sox. Pathetic.

Dick Allen
08-13-2004, 01:23 PM
Some guy from Chicago just called in to Jim Rome's show complaining about how the "White Sox" media is making fun of Sosa and turning on him for supposedly saying the F word to the fans yesterday when they boo'd him.

That's the first I've heard about him yelling back at the fans.

But even stranger is that this moron kept calling the chicago media the "White Sox" media and the "Bandwagon" media. What the heck is this guy talking about? White Sox media? The dude is nuts. Sounds like an idiot cubs fan who is pissed about people being mean to sammy, so he's blaming all the problems on the White Sox. Pathetic.Most of these Cub fans are living in a Bizarro World (a la Seinfeld). Also, saying "idiot Cub fans" is redundant. :>)

Hangar18
08-13-2004, 07:14 PM
YUP....I kept looking for the "Big Blurt" Mariotti/Cub equivalent article
ripping on Sammy. Still havnt seen it. Still havnt seen any articles ripping
on Dusty, Little Punk Darren (for not pinchhitting Martinez ina game a few days ago) the Giant Blue Corporation (for hiding concrete incidents endangering their own fans), thefact another fan was killed after attending a flubby game recently (what? nobody heard about the incident on the Addison L? of course not, cant have anything bad associated with the flubbies) or how about
an article on how the Business Owners have asked for more and more help
regarding the worsening security situation near The Urinal (and with great timeliness, the Cubune puts out a "fact" that crime is down now)
Where are those articles? I want to see that printed, not how MiaHamm
will affect cub pennant chances, or how peanut vendors on addison are experiencing great times now .... or how the redsox and the cubs have a lot in common (yeah, they were uniforms)
I HATE THE CHICAGO MEDIA ...............chump writers like Kiley and Mariotti
are ruining the concept of media and reporting the news

cubhater
08-13-2004, 11:28 PM
thefact another fan was killed after attending a flubby game recently (what? nobody heard about the incident on the Addison L? of course not, cant have anything bad associated with the flubbies)
That's news to me. What are the details?