PDA

View Full Version : Loaiza booed in NY!

JoseCanseco6969
08-11-2004, 10:33 AM
Link
http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/gamecenter/recap/MLB_20040809_TOR@NYY
Haha, the yankee fans and the national media now know what we've known all season long. Loaiza sucks. They finally mention the loss in velocity that we all knew for months. His ERA has jumped to 5.01 and he might be moved to the bullpen!!! He also calls out their fans saying "they're not playing the game, they dont know whats going on" Sorry e-blow, any idiot can watch you pitch and realize YOU SUCK! Thank god we have big Jose for that moron. I was waiting for Este to say "If the yankees scored more runs, maybe I'd win a game" funny funny stuff. Good job KW dumping that fool.

JDP
08-11-2004, 10:38 AM
Nothing like kicking a man when he's already down.

South Side
08-11-2004, 10:56 AM
Link
http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/gamecenter/recap/MLB_20040809_TOR@NYY
Haha, the yankee fans and the national media now know what we've known all season long. Loaiza sucks. They finally mention the loss in velocity that we all knew for months. His ERA has jumped to 5.01 and he might be moved to the bullpen!!! He also calls out their fans saying "they're not playing the game, they dont know whats going on" Sorry e-blow, any idiot can watch you pitch and realize YOU SUCK! Thank god we have big Jose for that moron. I was waiting for Este to say "If the yankees scored more runs, maybe I'd win a game" funny funny stuff. Good job KW dumping that fool.
I don't think he's a moron. I feel bad for him... I am sure he now realizes how good he had it with Chicago fans.

JDP
08-11-2004, 10:59 AM
Who knows, maybe the Sox will pick him up again in the offseason as a non-roster invitee again! Sure resurrected his season in '03.

Gimm
08-11-2004, 11:12 AM
Nothing like kicking a man when he's already down.
No kidding.

This guy almost single-handedly saved 2003 early on and was the ASG starter in Chicago. His ego is pretty big, but he is good guy all in all.

And you know what? If Sox could get him back from NY right now, I would love to have him as a 5th starter - I've had just about enough of Schoneweiss, Cotts, Diaz, Rauch, Wright, Porzio, Stewart, etc.

If this guy somehow finds the 3 mph he lost off his stuff in the off-season, he can be good again.

Johnny Mostil
08-11-2004, 11:16 AM
Who knows, maybe the Sox will pick him up again in the offseason as a non-roster invitee again! Sure resurrected his season in '03.
He's a free agent after this season, isn't he?

I almost get giddy thinking about a Contreras consistently finding his stuff in Chicago and Loaiza returning as a fifth starter next year.

SoxxoS
08-11-2004, 11:17 AM
If this guy somehow finds the 3 mph he lost off his stuff in the off-season, he can be good again.
I think it was more like 6 mph, from 94 to 88. A huge difference when you rely on the cutter.

JDP
08-11-2004, 11:21 AM
He's a free agent after this season, isn't he?

I almost get giddy thinking about a Contreras consistently finding his stuff in Chicago and Loaiza returning as a fifth starter next year.
Yeah, UFA. Low $$ contract anyone?

Gimm
08-11-2004, 11:27 AM
I think it was more like 6 mph, from 94 to 88. A huge difference when you rely on the cutter.You're making it sound like he was a flame-thrower last year. He wasn't.

He was a 'tweener - finesse pitcher's pinpoint control but he could also get the fastball by you if you sat on his cutter or off-speed stuff.

Velocity-wise, Esteban was sitting in 91-94 zone in 2003. This year, he was 90-91 in April and 88-91 now on an accurate radar gun. That's 3 mph. However, his cutter also has less velocity and bite. Esteban's confidence is nil.

How about it, NY? What would you want for the guy you don't even plan to use in the rotation anymore?

Rocky Soprano
08-11-2004, 11:32 AM
How quick some forgot what he did for us last year. I will always be a Loaiza fan, I wish him the best. And I agree I would take him as our 5th starter in a heartbeat.

Tekijawa
08-11-2004, 11:45 AM
How quick some forgot what he did for us last year. I will always be a Loaiza fan, I wish him the best. And I agree I would take him as our 5th starter in a heartbeat.
And I'd run him out of town again after the 4th HR he gave up in his 6 innings pitched... He was good for a year, as was Jason Bere, and numerous other pitchers. You have ot be the lucky team to have them that year

Also see:
Mike Hampton
Kevin Millwood
Jamie Navarro
MARK PRIOR?
Etc...

I_Liked_Manuel
08-11-2004, 12:18 PM
i really dont care what he did for us in 2003. the fact of the matter is that he has lost it completely. this slide didnt start this year, but rather about half way through august, 2003.

Mohoney
08-11-2004, 12:28 PM
If we can get Loaiza back this season, it would be a MAJOR coup for Kenny Williams to completely outwit Brian Cashman and George Steinbrenner like that. Buehrle, Garcia, Contreras, Loaiza, and Garland just might be good enough to go on that 8-10 wins in a row tear and get us back in the race in this division.

It won't happen, though. The Yankees would be WAY too embarassed if they had to admit that they were wrong.

JoseCanseco6969
08-11-2004, 01:06 PM
Nothing like kicking a man when he's already down.I love that we can after the comments he made about us and the way the media said "Chi Sox trade best pitcher for erratic one" It's nice to prove the critics wrong as well as the yankmees. I thought you guys would be happy that we at least got something for Loaiza, who wasnt going to resign anyways. And that something could turn out to be a great pitcher for us for years to come. I was a fan of loaiza but after some remarks he made about a team that gave him a shot when no one would, really pissed me off. And commenting that the fans know nothing is ridiculous. The yankee fans arent the smartest, but at least they know bad pitching when they see it.

JoseCanseco6969
08-11-2004, 01:08 PM
If we can get Loaiza back this season, it would be a MAJOR coup for Kenny Williams to completely outwit Brian Cashman and George Steinbrenner like that. Buehrle, Garcia, Contreras, Loaiza, and Garland just might be good enough to go on that 8-10 wins in a row tear and get us back in the race in this division.

It won't happen, though. The Yankees would be WAY too embarassed if they had to admit that they were wrong.
thanks but no thanks is what KW should do if that happened

Gimm
08-11-2004, 01:13 PM
i really dont care what he did for us in 2003. the fact of the matter is that he has lost it completely. this slide didnt start this year, but rather about half way through august, 2003.Yes, the last 6 weeks prior to his 21st win in KC were less than spectacular - he lost his Cy Young bid right there and then.

However, he was 4-0 with a 3.50 ERA in April of 2004 and he wasn't throwing anywhere near 93-94 mph.

THAt is the Esteban Loaiza Sox could use right now - but will the Yankees give up now? As much as I want the 4-man rotation to work, it will not with a healthy Schoeneweis and a confident Diaz/Cotts backing the Big 4 up from the BP.

So, what would it take to get Loaiza back from NY this year - this time as a 5th starter? How about Loaiza and Lofton for B prospects? Deal?

Mohoney
08-11-2004, 01:15 PM
thanks but no thanks is what KW should do if that happened

You wouldn't give up a package of lower-tier farmhands to get Loaiza and cash back? I would. He's a better option than Schoeneweis or Diaz.

There would be something really sweet about stealing Contreras, having the Yankees pick up some of his salary, and then getting Loaiza back, with the Yankees picking up some of his salary. Then the ultimate satisfaction would be Contreras winning game 3 and Loaiza winning game 4 in the ALCS.

That would be "sticking it to the man".

Gimm
08-11-2004, 01:25 PM
You wouldn't give up a package of lower-tier farmhands to get Loaiza and cash back? I would. He's a better option than Schoeneweis or Diaz..
How about Rogowski and Spidale for Loaiza and Lofton?

hi8is
08-11-2004, 01:41 PM
So, what would it take to get Loaiza back from NY this year - this time as a 5th starter? How about Loaiza and Lofton for B prospects? Deal?
dude,

no way in HELL would we get him back this year
for 2 reasons

1. hes done this year
2. THE YANKIES would never roll over and say, you ****ed us

HomeFish
08-11-2004, 02:09 PM
One would hope that there are far better 5th starters on the waiver line than Esteban.

pinwheels3530
08-11-2004, 02:28 PM
Even though he struggled this year I am not going to rip into Loiaza, He won 21 games for us last year, started the all star game, and was class act when he was here I wish him the best of luck ( unless it's against us )!

What is it with some people who like to rip former Sox players after they are traded Estery did alot more for us last year than Olivo and now everyone hates him and msses Miguel. What do some posters get out of talking crap about a player who soesn't wear a sox uniform anymore. Loiaza was a class act, he didn't have it htis year so the sox traded him for a pitcher what better stuff let's leave it at that, grow up people!!!!!

Gimm
08-11-2004, 03:18 PM
One would hope that there are far better 5th starters on the waiver line than Esteban.
Keep on hoping. Corey Lidle who isn't half the pitcher Esteban is when he throws/threw 90+ with an 88 mph cutter, cost the Phillies two top young players.

There aren't many options out there (Kinney? Teh horror), that's why everyone is overpaying for crap.

Gimm
08-11-2004, 03:20 PM
dude,

1. hes done this year
If he is as "done" as Lofton, I'll take them both back,

2. THE YANKIES would never roll over and say, you ****ed us
But I so want them to! *stomps feet"

Blob
08-11-2004, 06:06 PM
No kidding.

This guy almost single-handedly saved 2003 early on and was the ASG starter in Chicago. His ego is pretty big, but he is good guy all in all.

And you know what? If Sox could get him back from NY right now, I would love to have him as a 5th starter - I've had just about enough of Schoneweiss, Cotts, Diaz, Rauch, Wright, Porzio, Stewart, etc.

He's a good guy when he tells the Sox in spring training, No I don't want to sign right now I want to wait and see what happens this year? He got what he deserved, nothing! He pitched VERY VERY well for us last year. But, let's face it. It was a career year that he will never see again. He got greedy and got burned! I don't feel bad for him at all.

Thank you for not signing that contract!!

Long Live Jose Contreras!!!!!!!!

Aidan
08-11-2004, 06:16 PM
(Kinney? Teh horror)MWAHAHAHA!!! :)

Frankfan4life
08-11-2004, 06:45 PM
Even though he struggled this year I am not going to rip into Loiaza, He won 21 games for us last year, started the all star game, and was class act when he was here I wish him the best of luck ( unless it's against us )!

What is it with some people who like to rip former Sox players after they are traded Estery did alot more for us last year than Olivo and now everyone hates him and msses Miguel. What do some posters get out of talking crap about a player who soesn't wear a sox uniform anymore. Loiaza was a class act, he didn't have it htis year so the sox traded him for a pitcher what better stuff let's leave it at that, grow up people!!!!!Very well said. I couldn't agree more.

I hope Loaiza gets his s**t together soon because there is a real possibility he might pitch against the Twinkies.

Paulwny
08-14-2004, 11:06 AM
Torre has decided to go with a 6 man rotation for 2 turns before deciding who'll be sent to the pen.

Must be nice to be able to do these type of thinks when you have a huge lead.

sendimjoey
08-14-2004, 04:41 PM
Loiaza and the Yankees are up 3-2 in the fifth at Seattle, but the Mariners have the bases loaded and none out....

JB98
08-14-2004, 05:12 PM
Loaiza's line:

5.1 IP, 7 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 4 BB, 3 K, 100 pitches, 5.07 ERA

Sound familiar? Yanks trail 4-3 in the 7th.

I have nothing against Loaiza personally. I'm just enjoying his continued struggles because the White Sox were unjustly criticized for making that trade. Only time will tell whether the acquisition of Contreras is a good one, but in my mind, the Yankees made a bad trade because they are going to get nothing out of Loaiza for the rest of the year. The know-nothing ESPN geeks are probably starting to realize now that Loaiza's arm is shot.

Paulwny
08-15-2004, 12:29 PM
I guess it's starting to sink in.

From Newsday:{Some moves go in a team's favor, others don't. So far, Olerud's signing has; the Loaiza trade has not.}

Odishon
08-15-2004, 12:35 PM
let's ask a blunt question: was esteban on steroids last year, or is he injured this year? you don't just lose that much velocity in an offseason when you're only 32yo.

SoxFan76
08-15-2004, 12:43 PM
let's ask a blunt question: was esteban on steroids last year, or is he injured this year? you don't just lose that much velocity in an offseason when you're only 32yo.
If he was on steroids, he needs to find some better juice. He wasn't even big. Seroids bulk you up pretty fast.

hsnterprize
08-15-2004, 01:32 PM

What is it with some people who like to rip former Sox players after they are traded Estery did alot more for us last year than Olivo and now everyone hates him and msses Miguel. What do some posters get out of talking crap about a player who soesn't wear a sox uniform anymore. Loiaza was a class act, he didn't have it htis year so the sox traded him for a pitcher what better stuff let's leave it at that, grow up people!!!!! I'll stick up for Loaiza for the fact that he was a great pitcher for the Sox last year. If he was still as hot as he was last year, then I'd think our rotation was one of the best in baseball with the current 4 pitchers. However, I could see he was losing a bit off his fastball, and his cutter wasn't as effective. In fact, I heard someone on the radio say that about 75% of his pitchers last year were cutters, and they were taking a toll on his pitching elbow because of the motion.

To go gaga over New York Yankees fans booing him isn't all that warranted, though. Remember...these were the same people booing Derek Jeter after he'd been struggling at the start of the season. Even though he was putting up good numbers, he wasn't as stellar as he'd been, and there'd been a lot of speculation he wasn't playing up to snuff because he and A-Rod were having troubles with one another. So if I were you, as much as we know E-Lo isn't as good as he was last year, I'd take the NY fans booing with a grain of salt. We knew he wasn't the same pitcher he was last year (even though many like me wanted him to be). Now, Gotham City is learning that, and they don't like it.

PaulDrake
08-15-2004, 02:32 PM
I'll stick up for Loaiza for the fact that he was a great pitcher for the Sox last year. If he was still as hot as he was last year, then I'd think our rotation was one of the best in baseball with the current 4 pitchers. However, I could see he was losing a bit off his fastball, and his cutter wasn't as effective. In fact, I heard someone on the radio say that about 75% of his pitchers last year were cutters, and they were taking a toll on his pitching elbow because of the motion.

To go gaga over New York Yankees fans booing him isn't all that warranted, though. Remember...these were the same people booing Derek Jeter after he'd been struggling at the start of the season. Even though he was putting up good numbers, he wasn't as stellar as he'd been, and there'd been a lot of speculation he wasn't playing up to snuff because he and A-Rod were having troubles with one another. So if I were you, as much as we know E-Lo isn't as good as he was last year, I'd take the NY fans booing with a grain of salt. We knew he wasn't the same pitcher he was last year (even though many like me wanted him to be). Now, Gotham City is learning that, and they don't like it. No they don't like it poor babies. They've had it so tough down through the years haven't they? I think you may be onto something regarding Loiaza and that cutter. It seems like he overused it and damaged his elbow and/or shoulder. It's obvious the velocity and the movement are just not there and the guy is pressing. His demise has been a decent part of the Sox downfall this year. If only he had been 80 to 85% as effective as last year.