PDA

View Full Version : Evans to land the GM job in LA


Jerry_Manuel
10-02-2001, 05:40 PM
Evans the man in LA (http://espn.go.com/mlb/news/2001/1002/1258237.html)

I guess we will see what Evans can do, if he does good and Williams screws the Sox up well, there will be some angry fans I'm guessing.

:reinsy
I wanted Evans the whole time as GM damn Schu.

LongDistanceFan
10-02-2001, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
Evans the man in LA (http://espn.go.com/mlb/news/2001/1002/1258237.html)

I guess we will see what Evans can do, if he does good and Williams screws the Sox up well, there will be some angry fans I'm guessing.


I wanted Evans the whole time as GM damn Schu. he is the one who should've been the gm of the sox.

czalgosz
10-02-2001, 06:16 PM
I liked Evans too, but what are you going to do?

Remember when they brought in Schueler to replace Larry Himes? Everyone, including me, was pissed off. But then Schueler did a great job, and Himes proceeded to take apart the Cubs.

I wanted Evans as Schueler's replacement, too, but I'm still willing to give KW the benefit of the doubt. There's no way he could have prepared for as many injuries as the Sox have had this season...

Jerry_Manuel
10-02-2001, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz
Remember when they brought in Schueler to replace Larry Himes? Everyone, including me, was pissed off. But then Schueler did a great job

Actually Czal I'm not old enough to recall the early days of Schu. What did he do that was so good?

:manos:bionic
He stoled us from the Brewers.

czalgosz
10-02-2001, 07:29 PM
Aside from Valentin and Eldred, Schueler is responsible for building the young pitching that is currently in the Sox system. Rauch, Garland, Kip, not to mention Howry and Foulke, too many names to mention here, are all on the team because of Schueler.

:shammy

Schueler traded me for George Bell!

Jerry_Manuel
10-02-2001, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz
Aside from Valentin and Eldred, Schueler is responsible for building the young pitching that is currently in the Sox system. Rauch, Garland, Kip, not to mention Howry and Foulke, too many names to mention here, are all on the team because of Schueler.


Wouldn't you say that Evans and Williams are responsible for the minor league talent? I forgot what Williams exact title was but wasn't it director of scouting?

czalgosz
10-02-2001, 07:57 PM
Wouldn't you say that Evans and Williams are responsible for the minor league talent? I forgot what Williams exact title was but wasn't it director of scouting?

Yes, KW was director of scouting, which means he Ok'd the talent, but it was Schueler who made the most of the rules to get good draft picks and make good use of his draft picks. It's really a testament to Ron Schueler that despite losing Frank Thomas, David Wells, Sandy Alomar, and a whole host of others (Parque, Eldred, etc.) that were key to the 2000 season, the Sox still had enough talent to finish this season with a winning record. I don't think that any other team in baseball would be able to pull that off...

Jerry_Manuel
10-02-2001, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz
Yes, KW was director of scouting, which means he Ok'd the talent, but it was Schueler who made the most of the rules to get good draft picks and make good use of his draft picks

Ok thanks for clearing that up.