PDA

View Full Version : Cards are 37-17 on the road

Erik The Red
08-10-2004, 11:21 PM
Holy crap!

discuss

Frankfan4life
08-10-2004, 11:33 PM
The question is, will they choke in the playoffs like Atlanta did last year? They will play the wildcard team and that team may be the baby bears.

RKMeibalane
08-10-2004, 11:38 PM
The question is, will they choke in the playoffs like Atlanta did last year? They will play the wildcard team and that team may be the baby bears.
I think they will at least reach the World Series. Everyone likes to talk about their pitching staff being suspect, but they have one of the best bullpens in baseball, and their starting rotation is better than most people realize. They don't have any Cy Young Award candidates, but they do have guys who can provide six innings of work every night, which is something that other teams would love to have.

Erik The Red
08-10-2004, 11:39 PM
I thought that the wild card winner doesn't face the top-seeded division winner in the first round when they are in the same division.

RKMeibalane
08-10-2004, 11:42 PM
I thought that the wild card winner doesn't face the top-seeded division winner in the first round when they are in the same division.
That's correct. If the Cubs win the WC, the Cardinals will most likely face the Braves, becuase they have the worst record of the division leaders. The Cubs would face the Dodgers, assuming that both are able to maintain their respective leads.

OTOH, if the Padres win the WC, then they would face St. Louis, with Atlanta drawing the Dodgers.

Jerko
08-10-2004, 11:42 PM
I think you're right because I heard Jesus spouting off how great it would be when they play the Cards in the NLCS.

Frankfan4life
08-10-2004, 11:52 PM
I thought that the wild card winner doesn't face the top-seeded division winner in the first round when they are in the same division.I stand corrected. I forgot they were in the same division so they wouldn't face each other in the first round.

BlackAndWhite
08-11-2004, 01:13 AM
Cards are 37-17 on the road

I'm sad that I looked...the best road record in the AL currently belongs to the frickin' Twinks at 29-23. So much for all that Humpty-Dump voodoo. :whiner:

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-11-2004, 01:15 AM
Well..im happy for the cards. Theyre my favorite team on the NL and they also kick some major cub ass!:cool:

Erik The Red
08-11-2004, 10:54 AM
Well..im happy for the cards. Theyre my favorite team on the NL and they also kick some major cub ass!:cool: Mine too. Every time I go to the Metro for a concert, I wear my Cards hat and walk around Wrigleyville for a while :cool: