Daver
08-10-2004, 10:45 PM
Greinke who?

Nard
08-10-2004, 10:46 PM
Oh, Willie.

dcb33
Great. Now can we string 3, 5, 8, or 12 of these together in a row?

princek
Willie mustve hit the Flinstone vitamins before this game

JGarlandrules20
08-10-2004, 10:47 PM
Great game... awesome defense, awesome offense.

It's about time Garland got a win.

:smile:

Dub25
Nice win and last time I checked twins down 4-0 after 1.

Baby Fisk
Seriously, if the Sox couldn't beat a pouty-faced man-child who looks like my parents' paper boy, we can all go home right now... :cool:

Multiple-run dingers! Is it too good to be true! :o:

cubhater
SOX WIN! Cubs lost! Twins losing!

The baseball gods are doing good tonight!:bandance: :gulp:

Nard
And an actual quality start for Garland.

Didn't see that one coming.

TornLabrum
One in a row! Go Sox!

Frankfan4life
08-10-2004, 10:48 PM
Great. Now can we string 3, 5, 8, or 12 of these together in a row?Yeah, that's been the pattern.

misty60481
08-10-2004, 10:48 PM
Scrubs got beat by SD

voodoochile
08-10-2004, 10:49 PM
Even if it ends up meaning nothing from a big picture perspective, wins are always fun...:D:

Aidan
08-10-2004, 10:49 PM
Willie Harris
5 for 5
3 Doubles
1 RBI
2 Runs

If Willie keeps hitting in the leadoff spot and actually tried to steal a base, we can win.

losingugly2004
08-10-2004, 10:50 PM
Nice catch, CLee!

Go Sox!!

mdep524
08-10-2004, 10:51 PM
Nice win today.

Poor Willie, you could tell he REALLY wanted that home run today- and he came so close twice!! Still 5 for 5, I am just going to let that sink in.

Also, don't look now, but the SOx hit three homers with guys on base today!!! :o: :o: :o: :o: :o:

Aidan
08-10-2004, 10:53 PM
Nice win today.

Poor Willie, you could tell he REALLY wanted that home run today- and he came so close twice!! Still 5 for 5, I am just going to let that sink in.

Also, don't look now, but the SOx hit three homers with guys on base today!!! :o: :o: :o: :o: :o:He really did want the homer. He was pissed sitting on second base.

JB98
08-10-2004, 10:53 PM
And an actual quality start for Garland.

Didn't see that one coming.

His bad inning was only three runs tonight, instead of the usual four or five. That helps.

gobears1987
08-10-2004, 10:54 PM
yes
:winner

Soxzilla
08-10-2004, 10:58 PM
:moron
"Didn't I say yesterday that these chumps were finished? Someone needs to tell these fools they don't cross JAY. I own these parts."

Mohoney
08-10-2004, 10:59 PM
The sweetest thing about today:

Finding out that Mike Jackson's ERA is lower than Mark Prior's.

Aidan
08-10-2004, 11:01 PM

Finding out that Mike Jackson's ERA is lower than Mark Prior's.MWAHAHAHA!!!

Mike Jackson
2-0

Mark Prior
3-3
5.05 ERA

:supernana:

flo-B-flo
08-10-2004, 11:08 PM
Didn't see the game. No ciu' out here. Nice win though. Saw the 3 replays on FSN:rolleyes: chi. The usual 2 replays on espblosoxyankers next!

Frankfan4life
08-10-2004, 11:09 PM

Finding out that Mike Jackson's ERA is lower than Mark Prior's.I believe you mean besides the win.

misty60481
08-10-2004, 11:12 PM
Indians win again might be 3 team shootout for leader--sounds good

Flight #24
08-10-2004, 11:13 PM
MWAHAHAHA!!!

Mike Jackson
2-0

Mark Prior
3-3
5.05 ERA

:supernana:
Wow. including the usual NL ERA deflation, that's pretty bad. I'm sure the Tribune co will try to have Big Bud Selig disallow some of those runs though "in the best interests of baseball"!

whitesoxwilkes
08-10-2004, 11:17 PM
Tonight almost makes me misty-eyed thinking about what might have been if we didn't choke so bad the past couple weeks. This game had it all--great defense (Jose was just all over everything hit his way), home runs with men on, Willie getting on base every time...sniff...

Anyhow, read about it here (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4&id=2630).

Lip Man 1
08-10-2004, 11:24 PM
They need to keep taking advantage of whatever 'soft' teams they can get.

Lip

voodoochile
08-10-2004, 11:28 PM
They need to keep taking advantage of whatever 'soft' teams they can get.

Lip
Carerull Lip, the glass was almost 1/4 full on that last comment... :D:

South Side
08-10-2004, 11:28 PM
Did anyone see Ozzie talking to Garland in the dugout? Seems like it did wonders... I also believe Coop yelling at him did the trick as well. Great game. I pray this is the start of something good... :D:

Soxzilla
08-10-2004, 11:40 PM
Carerull Lip, the glass was almost 1/4 full on that last comment... :D:
:supernana: :bandance: :supernana: :bandance: :supernana:

StockdaleForVeep
08-11-2004, 12:13 AM
some observations from attendin today in the diamond suite

I think i will never see shingo close a game dammit
I think willie is never gonna hit a homerun, either he gets robbed or juuuust misses. For once i wish we had the drunk tanke like the urinal to get some cheap dingers

mjmcend
08-11-2004, 12:16 AM
Twins lose 4-3. 5 back now.

kcsportscaster
08-11-2004, 12:44 AM
Saw some highlights, great win tonight!!!! This Jon Garland was on his game tonight, especially after the pep talk by Ozzie and Cooper. Also, great job by the offense, especially the shots by El Caballo, Paulie, and yes, Crede, but then again, it was against the Royals. However, if this team can somehow put it together over a long stretch, they can get back in the A-L Central race. I have a very good feeling about Buehrle shutting down that dreadful Royals team that the "experts" at the four letter network picked to win the division. What are those idiots saying now????

JB98
08-11-2004, 12:52 AM
some observations from attendin today in the diamond suite

I think i will never see shingo close a game dammit
I think willie is never gonna hit a homerun, either he gets robbed or juuuust misses. For once i wish we had the drunk tanke like the urinal to get some cheap dingers

I think Willie will homer before the year is over. I know he can do it, because I saw him homer at a game I attended in 2002. In fact, I think it was his first start after we traded Durham.

Evman5
08-11-2004, 01:02 AM
Good game both on offense and defense.

Willie was great to watch out there.
:bandance: :supernana: :bandance: :supernana: :bandance: :supernana: :bandance:

On a side note I think WIllie does have the power to hit 5-7 home runs, but he never tries to swing for the fences.

South Side
08-11-2004, 01:04 AM
Good game both on offense and defense.

Willie was great to watch out there.
:bandance: :supernana: :bandance: :supernana: :bandance: :supernana: :bandance:

On a side note I think WIllie does have the power to hit 5-7 home runs, but he never tries to swing for the fences.
Don't we have enough people on this team who do that with no luck half the time? Willie should stick to whatever he did tonight... b/c it was great!

Evman5
08-11-2004, 01:06 AM
I agree. He knows he is suppose to be an on base guy. He gets seeing eye singles and hits line drives. I am just saying if he tried too, which he better not, he could hit 5-7 homers. He has done it in the minor leagues.

HomeFish
08-11-2004, 01:13 AM
I think Willie will homer before the year is over. I know he can do it, because I saw him homer at a game I attended in 2002. In fact, I think it was his first start after we traded Durham.

July 26, 2002. Willie hits a homer and a double on his first two at-bats in a White Sox uniform.

I too was there.

doublem23
08-11-2004, 01:23 AM
Well, I walked up with 6 others an hour before game time and we got 5th row tickets in the bleachers (Section 161). So I knew it was going to be a quiet night.

Navy Night was good except for the loudmouths a section over and a few rows back, who felt that the moment of silence was an appropriate time to yell to their relatives or friends or whatever.

Couple of great Carlos Lee moments... First, after his 3-run bomb, the everyone in left field gave him a standing O and chanted, "Carlos! Carlos!" He smiled and pumped his fist in the air. Then the catch, and then at the end of the game he tried to chuck a ball into the crowd but it fell between the edge of the seats and the wall. He tried to get another one from the bullpen, but it didn't look like they were too keen on helping him out. :cool:

Garland looked good after the 2nd. Real good.

Very tranquil night. Only one assclown a section over decided to come in his Sox shirt and flaunt it around like the douchebag he is. Everytime he stood up, talked ****, and did a little wave, he got pelted with various crap. Security finally came and made him turn his shirt inside out. Nice. :smile:

Sigh... The clowns who started The Wave were over in my section, too. Thank goodness a homer didn't get hit 'cuz it probably would have ended up back on the field thanks to the noticeable moron, frat guy population out there.

Willie looked so disappointed both times he missed homer #1 of the year by a combined 3 feet. That one in right field literally missed by half a foot.

The D today was excellent, highligted by some amazing plays by Jose, and good leather thrown by Willie Harris, Joe Crede, Carlos Lee, Jon Garland, and Ben Davis as well.

Great game. Great time. Nice to win. I've only been able to go to 4 games this summer, but the Sox have won all 4. Call KW. Maybe he should start paying me to go to games more often. :tongue:

OEO Magglio
08-11-2004, 01:26 AM
Very tranquil night. Only one assclown a section over decided to come in his Sox shirt and flaunt it around like the douchebag he is. Everytime he stood up, talked ****, and did a little wave, he got pelted with various crap. Security finally came and made him turn his shirt inside out. Nice. :smile:

:?:

doublem23
08-11-2004, 01:32 AM
:?:
Sorry, that's supposed to say, "Sox Suck!" shirt. My bad. He was with 3-4 friends, all in Cub gear, but he was the only one being a dick about it. Man, did he get jeered when the F went up on the scoreboard in right; Padres 8, Cubs 6.

OEO Magglio
08-11-2004, 01:43 AM
Sorry, that's supposed to say, "Sox Suck!" shirt. My bad. He was with 3-4 friends, all in Cub gear, but he was the only one being a dick about it. Man, did he get jeered when the F went up on the scoreboard in right; Padres 8, Cubs 6.That's what I thought you meant but I thought I'd be an ass about it anyways.:tongue:

chisoxfan4life
08-11-2004, 01:50 AM
I was at the game tonight with some friends. It was a great time. Willie is awesome, Garland showed some balls, Crede did well, Konerko just missed a two home run game as did Willie. It was a good night and I bumped my record to 4-2 this season.

Mohoney
08-11-2004, 02:15 AM
I believe you mean besides the win.

Of course. I just threw this out there as icing on the cake.

JB98
08-11-2004, 02:57 AM
Sorry, that's supposed to say, "Sox Suck!" shirt. My bad. He was with 3-4 friends, all in Cub gear, but he was the only one being a dick about it. Man, did he get jeered when the F went up on the scoreboard in right; Padres 8, Cubs 6.
There must be something about Section 161. I sat there Monday night, and some douche wearing a Cubs hat four rows in front of me was the guy who started the wave. I booed him, flipped him off and threw garbage at him, but nothing could stop him. I even pointed at him and started a "THAT GUY SUCKS" chant, but only a handful of people joined me.

I will never buy bleacher tickets on half-price night again. The entire section was filled with people who were not watching the game. It was obviously a bunch of casual fans and/or Cubs fans looking for a place to get drunk. I know half-price night puts asses in seats, but I think I'd rather watch the game with 20,000 people who love the Sox than 30,000 drillrods who are in it for a social experience.

C-Dawg
08-11-2004, 06:21 AM
Seeing it on TV, one of the best parts of the game was seeing Greinke just standing there watching the fireworks after Paulie hit his homer. All that "cockiness" that Hawk and DJ mentioned (when we faced him in KC) seemed to just vanish into the night with the smoke from the fireworks!

SSN721
08-11-2004, 09:06 AM
Alright, what a great game, dominating performance by the offense, pitching great after the 2nd. ANd the best of all to me was the fact that they didnt give up runs in the next half inning after scoring, I think that was the key to the game. Garland only had one bad inning, and he got out of it w/o being roughed up too bad. Well I am going tonight so I can hope they can slap another win on this series and start a little streak. :D:

Baby Fisk
08-11-2004, 09:55 AM
Did anyone see Ozzie talking to Garland in the dugout? Seems like it did wonders... I also believe Coop yelling at him did the trick as well. Great game. I pray this is the start of something good... :D:
As animalistic as this might sound, Garland seems to be the type who needs to be yelled at on a regular basis to keep his focus from drifting away.

Sidebar: The ultra-boring KC announcers referred to him as the "Sox's 5th starter" prior to the game. heh heh...

ode to veeck
08-11-2004, 10:45 AM
I forgot what a winning post game thread was like ... its been sooo long

bobj4400
08-11-2004, 11:12 AM
It was 2002...I was at that game as well.

zach23
08-11-2004, 11:53 AM
Well, I walked up with 6 others an hour before game time and we got 5th row tickets in the bleachers (Section 161). So I knew it was going to be a quiet night.

Navy Night was good except for the loudmouths a section over and a few rows back, who felt that the moment of silence was an appropriate time to yell to their relatives or friends or whatever.

Couple of great Carlos Lee moments... First, after his 3-run bomb, the everyone in left field gave him a standing O and chanted, "Carlos! Carlos!" He smiled and pumped his fist in the air. Then the catch, and then at the end of the game he tried to chuck a ball into the crowd but it fell between the edge of the seats and the wall. He tried to get another one from the bullpen, but it didn't look like they were too keen on helping him out. :cool:

Garland looked good after the 2nd. Real good.

Sigh... The clowns who started The Wave were over in my section, too. Thank goodness a homer didn't get hit 'cuz it probably would have ended up back on the field thanks to the noticeable moron, frat guy population out there.

Willie looked so disappointed both times he missed homer #1 of the year by a combined 3 feet. That one in right field literally missed by half a foot.

The D today was excellent, highligted by some amazing plays by Jose, and good leather thrown by Willie Harris, Joe Crede, Carlos Lee, Jon Garland, and Ben Davis as well.

Great game. Great time. Nice to win. I've only been able to go to 4 games this summer, but the Sox have won all 4. Call KW. Maybe he should start paying me to go to games more often. :tongue:

You were 1 section over from us, we are in 162 row 1. Last night was actually very tame for the bleachers on half price night.
I have noticed an increase in the cub fans rooting for the opposing team since the Sox have fallen out of first place and the cubs took the wild card lead. Yesterday we had 2 behind us, plus the guy you mentioned. Monday there were some out there in cub jerseys and Indians hats, and Sunday I saw a large group all decked out in cub gear annoying people on the ramps going out.

Blob
08-11-2004, 06:58 PM
You were 1 section over from us, we are in 162 row 1. Last night was actually very tame for the bleachers on half price night.
I have noticed an increase in the cub fans rooting for the opposing team since the Sox have fallen out of first place and the cubs took the wild card lead. Yesterday we had 2 behind us, plus the guy you mentioned. Monday there were some out there in cub jerseys and Indians hats, and Sunday I saw a large group all decked out in cub gear annoying people on the ramps going out.
And the two behind us we two little brats about 13 years old or so. Ugh, they were annoying. I finally had to threaten them with following them out to their car afterwards to meet their Mom and tell her how they acted. Soon after Paulie hit the homer and they both left.

Then there was the Flub fan about 10 rows up in 162 who the security made turn his shirt inside out because he was trying to incite a riot with his Sox Suck shirt. After that it was a quiet night!