PDA

View Full Version : Who would you rather lose the division to?

HomeFish
08-10-2004, 02:59 PM
On one hand, many Sox fans I know still have a pent-up hate for the Indians that dates from the mid-to-late 90's and still others would find it less embarassing to lose the division to a team that has been pathetic most of the season. There's also the argument that the Indians will be very good in the next few years, during which time we will be losing the divsion to them muchly, and that they want to minimize that time as long as possible.

On the other hand, the Twins have been downright annoying and arrogant this entire season. Surely, losing the division to the Indians would be far more devastating to Twins fans than to us.

What say you?

RKMeibalane
08-10-2004, 03:00 PM
No one.

HomeFish
08-10-2004, 03:03 PM
No one.

Well, obviously. But let's be realistic.

MRKARNO
08-10-2004, 03:06 PM
The Twins. I'm scared of the possiblity of the Indians reclaiming the division this year and not relinquishing it for 3 straight years or more. The Twins have more talent that usual on this year's squad with Santana pitching like Pedro and Radke pitching like the good version of David Wells. Nathan has been just awesome in the bullpen too. Morneau is for real as well.

minastirith67
08-10-2004, 07:46 PM
I honestly cannot vote on this thread. I think my hate for both teams is about equal.

pinwheels3530
08-10-2004, 08:13 PM
Nobody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DumpJerry
08-10-2004, 08:35 PM
I cannot vote for the Tribe. My brother was a Flub fan on the South Side where we grew up. As punishment, we exiled him to Cleveland where is now a Flub/Tribe fan.:angry:

His 6.5 year old daughter got on the phone with me when it looked like Buehrle was going perfect against them in Good Old Days (three weeks ago) and said "Sox suck" "Go Cubs" I told her I will take her to a Sox game next time she visits Chicago.

At least I can give him a hard time for being the team that LOST to the Braves in the Series....

SOXSINCE'70
08-10-2004, 09:43 PM
PLEASE WIN DURING MY FRIGGIN' LIFETIME!!!!:angry: :angry: :angry:

DumpJerry
08-10-2004, 11:00 PM
PLEASE WIN DURING MY FRIGGIN' LIFETIME!!!!:angry: :angry: :angry:
Amen to that!

ZachAL
08-10-2004, 11:53 PM
neither, im interested to see if anyone brings out the "this thread sucks" guy, not that i feel it does, but i can def. see someone bringin it out

minastirith67
08-11-2004, 12:13 AM
neither, im interested to see if anyone brings out the "this thread sucks" guy, not that i feel it does, but i can def. see someone bringin it out
Agreed. Although it won't be me....

:tongue:

dcb33
08-11-2004, 01:01 AM
neither, im interested to see if anyone brings out the "this thread sucks" guy, not that i feel it does, but i can def. see someone bringin it out:threadsucks

Allow me- we're WHITE SOX FANS! Since when did Sox fans have preferences as to who they'd rather lose to? White Sox baseball is about WINNING (even if we do a poor job at that). The one thing that seperates us from Cubs fans is that we actually want to win, and to come up with some stupid question like this is beyond me. I don't want anyone to beat our Sox. It's embarassing to lose- why would we ever want to see, let alone prefer another one of the pissant franchises in our division who can't outdraw or outspend us actually beat us?

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-11-2004, 01:05 AM
:threadsucks

Allow me- we're WHITE SOX FANS! Since when did Sox fans have preferences as to who they'd rather lose to? White Sox baseball is about WINNING (even if we do a piss poor job at that). The one thing that seperates us from Cubs fans is that we actually want to win, and to come up with some stupid question like this is beyond me. You should list all the other 29 major league teams in your list, because there is no one I want to see beat our Sox.
that is an awsome post. well done!:D:

Nellie_Fox
08-11-2004, 01:43 AM
His 6.5 year old daughter got on the phone with me when it looked like Buehrle was going perfect against them in Good Old Days (three weeks ago) and said "Sox suck" If your brother is teaching his six and a half year old daughter to say that people "suck," he lacks judgment in other, and more important, areas than the baseball teams he cheers for.

oharewx
08-11-2004, 11:59 AM
if the sox had to lose, I would pick the indians for the simple fact that they play outdoors

Uncle_Patrick
08-11-2004, 12:26 PM
I think a better thread would have been "Who do you hate losing the division to more". I'd rather not lose it to any team, ever. I don't care if the White Sox went 0-162, there is no other team in this division that I want to win.

DumpJerry
08-11-2004, 02:07 PM
If your brother is teaching his six and a half year old daughter to say that people "suck," he lacks judgment in other, and more important, areas than the baseball teams he cheers for.
I reported it to mom and Ohio Child Protection. I mean, making your kid cheer for the Flubs....that's gross!:angry: :angry: :mad: :mad: :o: :o:

jeremyb1
08-11-2004, 02:40 PM
It's funny, I used to loathe the Indians in the 90s and I live in Minnesota now so I have friends that are Twins fans and whatnot. That said, I just have a lot more respect for what Shapiro is doing in Cleveland so I guess I think they deserve it more.