PDA

View Full Version : Schoe went to Angels doc

Iguana775
08-10-2004, 12:11 PM
for a second opinion...
Scott Schoeneweis met with Angels' team doctor Lewis Yocum yesterday to get a second opinion on his ailing left shoulder.
If there is nothing seriously wrong with Schoeneweis, he could return to the White Sox rotation when he is eligible on August 19th. Aug. 10 - 8:22 am et
Hey Scott...your problem is that you suck!

bobj4400
08-10-2004, 12:12 PM
I couldnt have said it better myself! :D:

BigEdWalsh
08-10-2004, 12:23 PM
Beter he just go back to the Angels. Period.

I_Liked_Manuel
08-10-2004, 02:00 PM
i really dont think that he's that terrible of a starter when his arm's not hurting. the problem though is that his arm's usually hurting

balke
08-10-2004, 02:28 PM
I agree with Manuel. Shoney gave good starts early in the season. What would the sox have done without him? DIaz? Cotts? Koch? Politte? THey weren't going to trade for anyone, I'll tell you that.

John Barrett
08-10-2004, 02:34 PM
SCREW SCOHENBLOW.... send him packing. or crying to the bullpen:whiner:

CPditka
08-10-2004, 04:03 PM
for a second opinion...
Its obvious his arm troubles come from his designation as a bullpen arm. Last year he pitched out of the pen for about 115 innnigs. This year his 2 months totaled about 115 innings, he was very solid. THen after that he fell off the map. His recent struggles and arm tiredness is a direct result of a bullpen guy being moved to a starter. He is great long relief bullpen guy built for about 115 innings. The sox and him forced a starter out of him and they got a good 115 innings out of him and then like any guy who is not really a closer he got past his mark where he become effective and you have the guy you see today.

Gimm
08-10-2004, 04:44 PM
Once again, the Sox didn't prepare for his post-May horrid'ness and/or his post-May dead arm. Apparently it didn't occur to them that it could very well happen to a converted reliever with a history of fizzling out after a fast start.

Last year they prayed that Wright's elbow and shoulder would heal during the season and kept using him in May and June, pretty much conceeding those games....This year we have Schoney.

Both Wright and Schoney were actually effective out of the pen, so instead of strenghtening the rotation with some decent #5 pitcher and bullpen - with Wright (03) and SS (04), they tried to fit a square peg into a round hole just to save a mill or 3 on a good 5th starter.

What's new.

CPditka
08-10-2004, 05:07 PM
Once again, the Sox didn't prepare for his post-May horrid'ness and/or his post-May dead arm. Apparently it didn't occur to them that it could very well happen to a converted reliever with a history of fizzling out after a fast start.

Last year they prayed that Wright's elbow and shoulder would heal during the season and kept using him in May and June, pretty much conceeding those games....This year we have Schoney.

Both Wright and Schoney were actually effective out of the pen, so instead of strenghtening the rotation with some decent #5 pitcher and bullpen - with Wright (03) and SS (04), they tried to fit a square peg into a round hole just to save a mill or 3 on a good 5th starter.

What's new.
And then go out and trade for Garcia and sign him for 9 mil a year. Doesn't make sense.

Gimm
08-10-2004, 05:19 PM
And then go out and trade for Garcia and sign him for 9 mil a year. Doesn't make sense.No, Garcia was good deal. With some run support, I doubt Freddy would have given up anything to the Twins (the score was 0-0 with 2 outs in the 5th), and without Jose's error in Metrodome, I doubt he gives up more than 2 runs.

So really, Kenny got a pitcher who should be 6-2 with a 2.80 ERA with a little better defense and a more consistent (as in not 8 runs in 1 game and no runs the next) offense behind him as a member of the Sox. And with a slighly more consistent slider, he is a bonafied ace. Only 27yo, should be entering his prime. Smart investement on Kenny's part, knocking on wood. Good trade for the Mariners, too.

But getting back to the topic.....

Garcia filled the need as it was clear Loaiza was simply not the same after a very good April - Buerhle was still a 4.30 ERA pitcher around the time KW made a decision to make a play for Freddy, so it's not as if Mark was a bonafied ace. Garland looked like a #3 after his Montreal start. Sox needed an ace.

But it was also clear Shoeneweiss wouldn't hold for more than a couple of months - in March! We all knew his history and talent level. That's when the necessary provision had to be made for that - see: Loaiza in 2003 ST.

I mean....afterall, we are being continually told that MONEY IS NOT A PROBLEM from the horse's mouth himself. Then, it stands to reason, spending 3 Mill on a good 5th starter as A's did with Lidle and Rangers - with Rogers shouldn't be a problem and Shoeneweiss goes to the pen after the Garcia acquisition.....right? Oh and Munoz/Diaz/Wright don't have a chance to **** things up, either. :smile:

flo-B-flo
08-10-2004, 10:59 PM
Does his arm hurt or is it his mouth? What whining earlier from this guy.:whiner:

bafiarocks03
08-10-2004, 11:09 PM
Scott does not suck you guys......!!!!!!!!!!!!

fquaye149
08-10-2004, 11:10 PM
SCOHENBLOW
that's not the cleverest thing i've ever seen.