PDA

View Full Version : Harold Reynolds, I Hate You

knocko94
08-10-2004, 01:14 AM
I don't know if anyone saw this, but on the BBT show that was running during the Sox game, they showed Valentin's three run homer and had the audio up for Hawk's "You can put it on the BOAAARRDD"

Anyway, after the highlight is done, Harold Reynolds and some other worhtless piece of crap (Karl Ravech?) were chuckling to each other and had an exchange of something like:

*Chuckle*

"Man, that's the worst home run call ever"

"Yeah it is"

Hey Harold, Hawk forgot more about baseball when he got up off the toilet this morning, you're such a jackass.

JB98
08-10-2004, 01:29 AM
I don't know if anyone saw this, but on the BBT show that was running during the Sox game, they showed Valentin's three run homer and had the audio up for Hawk's "You can put it on the BOAAARRDD"

Anyway, after the highlight is done, Harold Reynolds and some other worhtless piece of crap (Karl Ravech?) were chuckling to each other and had an exchange of something like:

*Chuckle*

"Yeah it is"

Hey Harold, Hawk forgot more about baseball when he got up off the toilet this morning, you're such a jackass.
Someone should remind Harold that he picked the Royals to win the AL Central. As much as I love baseball, I've stopped watching Baseball Tonight because it causes your IQ to drop. They have their pet teams and their pet players, and that really inhibits them from putting forth anything resembling solid analysis.

LuvSox
08-10-2004, 06:48 AM
Reynolds has turned into such a ****. He was very cool, now he has that pompus ESPN attitude.

Kruk is the biggest idiot on that show. He only talks to hear the sound of his voice, he doesn't care what actually comes out. Moron.

hose
08-10-2004, 07:44 AM

*Chuckle*

"Yeah it is"

Karl Ravetich was the one that said it was the worse hr call ever.

chisox56
08-10-2004, 08:24 AM
That is because ravech is biased to the indians. I have watched baseball tonight for the last ten years and the anchors have always been slanted towards the indians. They always say tribe pride and I remember kurkjian, gammons, and ravech always talking about how great the indians are and just going on about them.

JDP
08-10-2004, 10:19 AM
From Reynolds annoying voice to Carl's annoying face to Gammons' annoying turkey neck -- I haven't watched that garbage in quite some time.

You'd think with all the money he has, Gammons would get that neck nipped and tucked or something.

DVsoxfan
08-10-2004, 11:43 AM
At least Krucker gave Jose some props. He said that Jose should be considered among the top shortstops in the league. I still hate him. Harold Reynolds is the stupidest person I've ever heard, and Peter Gammons can't spit out a sentence w/o it taking a half hour. His brain has a 3 minute delay to his mouth. And Carl Ravich, sometimes I wonder why he is on BBTN.

the_valenstache
08-10-2004, 01:28 PM
I don't think I'm imagining this, but about a year ago Sportscenter did a Top 10 for Homerun Calls and Hawk was #1. Did anyone else see this?

Plus, we all know that if Hawk were doing Yankees/Cubs broadcasts, you'd be able to buy "You Can Put it On the Board" shirts at Wal-marts all over the country.

The only other call that gives me a fifth of the elation of Hawk's is hearing Ron Santo go "Ohhhh No."

WSox8404
08-10-2004, 01:48 PM
I don't think I'm imagining this, but about a year ago Sportscenter did a Top 10 for Homerun Calls and Hawk was #1. Did anyone else see this?

Plus, we all know that if Hawk were doing Yankees/Cubs broadcasts, you'd be able to buy "You Can Put it On the Board" shirts at Wal-marts all over the country.

The only other call that gives me a fifth of the elation of Hawk's is hearing Ron Santo go "Ohhhh No."
Ha. The Ohhhh No. What was that from again? What game was that?

the_valenstache
08-10-2004, 02:42 PM

I can't remember the classic instance, but he said it a couple times during the game on Sunday (notably, when Ramirez misplayed a pop-up to third.) What made it funnier was that it was in the background while the play-by-play guy was speaking. Sunday's "Ohhhh No" had that just-dropped-my-keys-down-a-well quality to it that had me chuckling much to my Cubs friends' chagrin.

StillMissOzzie
08-10-2004, 02:58 PM
You can hear this anytime that

1) The sCrUBS do something "bad" (for them ), or
2) Their opposition does something "bad" ( to the sCrUBS)

so you can expect to hear it 2-3 times a game, if you can stand to listen that long. I'll listen to sCrUBS games in the car when the Sox aren't playing, and it's pretty funny when you get a Santo sob.

SMO
:gulp:

DMarte708
08-10-2004, 05:39 PM
Ha. The Ohhhh No. What was that from again? What game was that?The famous quote often played on WSCR, WMVP is available on Mike North's home page:

http://www.northtonorth.com/mikesroom/subpages/radiopages/soundclips.html

In 1998, during the final weeks of the season, outfielder Brant Brown dropped an easy fly ball which would have ended the game.

If the Cubs wouldn't have clinched the Wild Card, Brown would be immortalized alongside Leon Durham, Billy Goat, and Steve Bartman.

Erik The Red
08-10-2004, 09:56 PM
:rolling:

that page is great.

2 Dicks! wow!

dickallen15
08-10-2004, 09:58 PM
Karl Ravetch has the worst toupee on television.

DrummerGeorgefan
08-10-2004, 10:44 PM
Harold Reynolds...come on guys, why even listen to him. He was a second rate infielder whose baseball card made some of the best noises in my spokes.........

Cerberus-WG
08-11-2004, 11:29 AM
Harold Reynolds also said that Derek Jeter was the most underrated Yankee. Excuse me? How about most overrated baseball player period?

Uncle_Patrick
08-11-2004, 11:57 AM
:hawk
"Baseball Tonight can kiss my ***! You can put that on the board. Yes!"