PDA

View Full Version : Maybe it's just gas....

Iguana775
08-10-2004, 12:35 AM
but i got a feeling the sox are going to turn this damn thing around. the bat are finally hitting and they showed some damn heart. i think the front 4 of the rotation are perfect and if the sox can play like this for the rest of the season, they will kick ass from here on out.

the_valenstache
08-10-2004, 12:38 AM
*dunn-un.....dunn-un*

Hear that? There's optimistic blood in the water and here come the reality sharks...

*dunn-un..dunn-un--dununundundundun*

RKMeibalane
08-10-2004, 12:38 AM
I think it's gas. I hate to say, but unless Minnesota implodes, the Sox are going to have a difficult time getting back into the race. They made a nice comeback tonight, but their bullpen is too unreliable for them to win close games. As long as Mike Jackson is around, no one is safe. I don't understand why he hasn't been cut. His roster spot should go to someone else.

ma_deuce
08-10-2004, 12:59 AM
but i got a feeling the sox are going to turn this damn thing around. the bat are finally hitting and they showed some damn heart. i think the front 4 of the rotation are perfect and if the sox can play like this for the rest of the season, they will kick ass from here on out.
Its :gascan .

jordan23ventura
08-10-2004, 01:00 AM

Minnesota will probably do the same. If the Sox sweep Minne the rest of the season, we win. But that's a tough task. Let's first worry about 2nd place. We're behind Cleveland right now.

petekat
08-10-2004, 01:04 AM
I'm with you. At the park tonight- what an atmosphere. 7 runs and then 3 in the ninth- if they're not giving up- we shouldn't!

See Kenny adding a setup man. How about Every Day Eddie?

Minnesota will probably do the same. If the Sox sweep Minne the rest of the season, we win. But that's a tough task. Let's first worry about 2nd place. We're behind Cleveland right now.

mcfish
08-10-2004, 01:05 AM
*dunn-un.....dunn-un*

Hear that? There's optimistic blood in the water and here come the reality sharks...

*dunn-un..dunn-un--dununundundundun*Do you really think this post isn't "jumping all over" the pessimists of the board, which is something you claimed to not be doing yesterday. Just because you didn't name anyone in particular doesn't mean you aren't jumping all over a group of people for expressing their view. Knowing damn well that this team isn't good enough as it is currently constructed is just as valid a post as any "well, we didn't make up any ground today, and we haven't shown any signs of being able to win baseball games in the last 8 weeks, but I sure do hope that the Sox can pull it out and win the division" thread is. Just because my point of view differs from yours doesn't mean that I can't post it. I was at the game today, and I can't find a single thing to be impressed about. As far as I can see, they wasted their one offensive showing for the week on a loss.

nitetrain8601
08-10-2004, 01:08 AM
I remember them scoring lots of runs with heart last week in the opener against KC. How did the rest of the series go?

SomebodyToldMe
08-10-2004, 01:13 AM
"Hope. It is the quintessential human delusion, simultaneously the source of your greatest strength and your greatest weakness." -The Architect

the_valenstache
08-10-2004, 01:39 AM
Do you really think this post isn't "jumping all over" the pessimists of the board, which is something you claimed to not be doing yesterday. Just because you didn't name anyone in particular doesn't mean you aren't jumping all over a group of people for expressing their view. Knowing damn well that this team isn't good enough as it is currently constructed is just as valid a post as any "well, we didn't make up any ground today, and we haven't shown any signs of being able to win baseball games in the last 8 weeks, but I sure do hope that the Sox can pull it out and win the division" thread is. Just because my point of view differs from yours doesn't mean that I can't post it. I was at the game today, and I can't find a single thing to be impressed about. As far as I can see, they wasted their one offensive showing for the week on a loss.Wow. It was a joke. Breathe.

I also never said what you could and couldn't post.

JDP
08-10-2004, 08:13 AM
http://www.beanogas.com/

pinwheels3530
08-10-2004, 08:42 AM
I am not giving up yet.........Go Sox!!!!!

mcfish
08-10-2004, 11:44 AM
Wow. It was a joke. Breathe.

I also never said what you could and couldn't post.I'm sorry. I just got home from the game last night with so much anger and depression that I was actually physically exhausted. I read a few threads and made a few posts and then passed out on my couch. This team has been depressing me for like 8 weeks now. Ever since the Flub series I have been watching every day and knowing that there is nothing this team can do to compete this year. Since then, they have had only 3 series in which they won more than 1 game - sweeping Seattle at home (WOW), taking both games in Cleveland, and taking 2 of three from Detroit at home before completely collapsing. Every other series (there were 7 of them), we have either been swept or win just 1 game. I look at all of the red L's on the ESPN.com schedule and I have to wonder what you people are seeing in this team to make you think they can do anything this year.

BigEdWalsh
08-10-2004, 11:57 AM
I'm sorry. I just got home from the game last night with so much anger and depression that I was actually physically exhausted. I read a few threads and made a few posts and then passed out on my couch. This team has been depressing me for like 8 weeks now. Ever since the Flub series I have been watching every day and knowing that there is nothing this team can do to compete this year. Since then, they have had only 3 series in which they won more than 1 game - sweeping Seattle at home (WOW), taking both games in Cleveland, and taking 2 of three from Detroit at home before completely collapsing. Every other series (there were 7 of them), we have either been swept or win just 1 game. I look at all of the red L's on the ESPN.com schedule and I have to wonder what you people are seeing in this team to make you think they can do anything this year.
Amen. :smokin:

the_valenstache
08-10-2004, 01:40 PM
I'm sorry. I just got home from the game last night with so much anger and depression that I was actually physically exhausted. I read a few threads and made a few posts and then passed out on my couch. This team has been depressing me for like 8 weeks now. Ever since the Flub series I have been watching every day and knowing that there is nothing this team can do to compete this year. Since then, they have had only 3 series in which they won more than 1 game - sweeping Seattle at home (WOW), taking both games in Cleveland, and taking 2 of three from Detroit at home before completely collapsing. Every other series (there were 7 of them), we have either been swept or win just 1 game. I look at all of the red L's on the ESPN.com schedule and I have to wonder what you people are seeing in this team to make you think they can do anything this year.

For the most part, I agree. The season has been thouroughly disappointing, and lately it seems we're defending against the sweep in every series. I'm not in the mindset that the Sox will do anything this season; my stance has always been that I love the baseball season and will watch the Sox regardless of whether or not they're still in it BUT the added fact that they can still make the playoffs (can, although largely subjective, is used in the sense of "not mathematically eliminated") is a bonus. No matter how long the shot (which, in this case, is miles long), I enjoy the possibility while it exists. And at least we're not the Royals. :bandance: