PDA

View Full Version : Josh Stewart next?

Whitesox029
08-09-2004, 10:35 PM
Who else thinks it's time to bring back Josh Stewart? Feliz Diaz may have pitched well against the Cubs, but hey....that was the Cubs.

Nard
08-09-2004, 10:36 PM
When will Schoe be ready?

Aidan
08-09-2004, 10:57 PM
Ozzie said it could be Diaz for one more try, he doesn't know yet. ESPN 1000 also talked about going to a 4-man rotation or trying Jose Stewart out.

jordan23ventura
08-09-2004, 10:59 PM
If the Maggs/Frank injuries are any indication, next year.

Why don't we bring up Brandon McCarthy? Clearly he's dominating in low ball, why not continue the trend of ****ing up fragile pitchers and turning them into headcases? (I'm not making reference to Diaz however. This guy needs to throw spitballs or something.)

On the otherhand, we could always bring up up Garland from AAAA, or maybe Paniagua from AA.

"Hola. Mi nombre es Jose y yo soy un alcoholico."

jordan23ventura
08-09-2004, 11:01 PM
Ozzie said it could be Diaz for one more try, he doesn't know yet. ESPN 1000 also talked about going to a 4-man rotation or trying Jose Stewart out.
Great. Then we can have three Jose's: Jose Stewart, Jose Uribe, and Jose Valentine!

HomeFish
08-09-2004, 11:03 PM
On the otherhand, we could always bring up up Garland from AAAA, or maybe Paniagua from AA.

"Hola. Mi nombre es Jose y yo soy un alcoholico."

We have Paniagua in AA?! :o:

(also, I'm pretty sure that alcoholico wouldn't take an article unless it were qualified)

South Side
08-09-2004, 11:09 PM
For the love of God, start the 4 man rotation!

OfficerKarkovice
08-09-2004, 11:11 PM
Great. Then we can have three Jose's: Jose Stewart, Jose Uribe, and Jose Valentine!
Huh???

Gimm
08-09-2004, 11:12 PM
.Why don't we bring up Brandon McCarthy? "
Why not indeed? Pinpoint control, good breaking ball, good velocity.

He bombs, he bombs - it's not as if Sox have much choice at this point.

Unless of course Sox plan to use a 4-man rotation.

jordan23ventura
08-09-2004, 11:13 PM
Huh???
Nevermind...

Iguana775
08-09-2004, 11:37 PM
never.

Huisj
08-10-2004, 09:22 AM
It doesn't matter who the sox call up to start next time around, because whoever it is will be set up for failure like everyone else. If the start is on Saturday in Boston, the sox will send someone man in a black trenchcoat and a funny hat to knock on the door of the apartment of the player in Charlotte Saturday morning at about 4 AM. The player won't know whether the man is a mobster or someone from the white sox--all he knows is that he suddenly has to get on a plane to Boston and has 10 minutes to pack. He'll get off the plane and go to Fenway where he will be directed to the bullpen and given a ball and told to warm up. Once he's warm, Ozzie will come over and say good luck. Only then does he find out he's starting that day. with no sleep and no preparation time.

Huisj
08-10-2004, 09:27 AM
hmm, i thought of more to add . . .

the way the sox run things, even if they decide to let diaz have another start saturday, they will still announce today that he's been sent back down and that jaime burke is back up. and then they'll wait until saturday to call up diaz again, and he'll have nothing again, just so that they could get 3 innings of a defensive replacement for the catchers over the next few days. this organization pisses me off. how can they be so brainless time and time and time again about just about everything???

samram
08-10-2004, 10:37 AM
Is Jose Stewart just Josh Stewart with a mustache?

I think they should keep Diaz up for the rest of the year. They seem to think he's got ability, so they may as well let him get 10 starts and gain some confidence. He doesn't really have anything left to prove at AAA and the Sox minor league coaches don't seem to be doing very well developing players, so they should let Coop work with him.

Whitesox029
08-10-2004, 10:53 AM
For the love of God, start the 4 man rotation!You know you're probably right. What have we got to lose? It's last resort time. Only problem is we can't back down to a three man rotation when Garland struggles, which seems to be often lately.

Huisj
08-10-2004, 11:06 AM
You know you're probably right. What have we got to lose? It's last resort time. Only problem is we can't back down to a three man rotation when Garland struggles, which seems to be often lately.
I really don't think the 4 man rotation will do any good. We have hardly any days off at all the rest of the year, so guys would be starting on 3 days rest almost every start, and that would probably lead to guy not pitching as deeply into games, but with our pathetic bullpen we can't really have that. Not that our fifth starters make things any better. I think either way things end up lousy.

mdep524
08-10-2004, 11:09 AM
It doesn't matter who the sox call up to start next time around, because whoever it is will be set up for failure like everyone else. If the start is on Saturday in Boston, the sox will send someone man in a black trenchcoat and a funny hat to knock on the door of the apartment of the player in Charlotte Saturday morning at about 4 AM. The player won't know whether the man is a mobster or someone from the white sox--all he knows is that he suddenly has to get on a plane to Boston and has 10 minutes to pack. He'll get off the plane and go to Fenway where he will be directed to the bullpen and given a ball and told to warm up. Once he's warm, Ozzie will come over and say good luck. Only then does he find out he's starting that day. with no sleep and no preparation time.
LOL :D:

Truth be told, I really liked Josh Stewart when he was up here last season, before his injury. He reminded me of Buehrle slightly with his poise and command. If he's fully recoverd and pitching well I would definitely like to see him get another chance up here sometime soon. But we have to see Diaz again.

jamteh
08-10-2004, 05:54 PM
Hey, does anybody know what's going on with Kris Honel?

Aidan
08-10-2004, 06:00 PM
We have Paniagua in AA?! :o:

(also, I'm pretty sure that alcoholico wouldn't take an article unless it were qualified)Jose Paniagua was released from the White Sox organization a day after his middle finger incident last year during the Twins game.

http://www.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb_news.jsp?ymd=20030910&content_id=520434&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Daver
08-10-2004, 06:03 PM
Hey, does anybody know what's going on with Kris Honel?
They shut him down because of soreness in his elbow.

balke
08-10-2004, 07:10 PM
What about Danny Wright? heh. Did we release him or what? I don't want to see another minor league bust like munoz or Diaz, it's too depressing. If shoney can't start, I'd rather see Wright take the loss, or 5-man by committee w/ cotts getting the start.

Daver
08-10-2004, 07:13 PM
What about Danny Wright? heh. Did we release him or what? I don't want to see another minor league bust like munoz or Diaz, it's too depressing. If shoney can't start, I'd rather see Wright take the loss, or 5-man by committee w/ cotts getting the start.
Danny is on the DL.

Gimm
08-10-2004, 09:03 PM
They shut him down because of soreness in his elbow.
Tell me it's not structural. Please.

Daver
08-10-2004, 09:23 PM
Tell me it's not structural. Please.
The MRI showed nothing.

The Sox just shut him down, with no timetable for him to return this year. Kirk Champion probably had a say in this.

Gimm
08-11-2004, 12:56 AM
The MRI showed nothing.

The Sox just shut him down, with no timetable for him to return this year. Kirk Champion probably had a say in this.
What about a bone scan? The 10 mph drop-off is worrysome to say the least.

Then Kirk Chamption is one smart man.