PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie's tirade that never was

Cubbiesuck13
08-09-2004, 09:23 PM
Does anyone else wonder how life would be treating the sox right now if they would not have come back against the Angels(?)? You remember the game. They came back and Ozzie was threatening to turn over tables and give them the longest talking to they have ever had. Instead they came back in the late innings and the tirade was cancelled. I wish they would have had there butts chewed and a fire lit. Anyways, the Oz needs to slam things around on a daily basis if he isn't all ready.

Edit: changed the royals to the angels

Evman5
08-09-2004, 09:25 PM
Does anyone else wonder how life would be treating the sox right now if they would not have come back against the Royals(?)? You remember the game. They came back and Ozzie was threatening to turn over tables and give them the longest talking to they have ever had. Instead they came back in the late innings and the tirade was cancelled. I wish they would have had there butts chewed and a fire lit. Anyways, the Oz needs to slam things around on a daily basis if he isn't all ready.

Wasn't that game against the Angels?

Cubbiesuck13
08-09-2004, 09:26 PM
Wasn't that game against the Angels?
Prolly. I don't remember the team just what happend.

Evman5
08-09-2004, 09:33 PM
Prolly. I don't remember the team just what happend.
Honestly I think a lot more goes on that we know about. I don't think that Ozzie has not said anything to his team since that game. I think a lot goes on behind the scenes and is letting his team has it. However yelling at your team doesn't automatically mean they are going to start playing better. I don't think any players on this team have given up, but the loss of Frank and Maggs is just too much.

Cubbiesuck13
08-09-2004, 09:50 PM
Honestly I think a lot more goes on that we know about. I don't think that Ozzie has not said anything to his team since that game. I think a lot goes on behind the scenes and is letting his team has it. However yelling at your team doesn't automatically mean they are going to strat playing better. I don't think any players on this team have given up, but the lose of Frank and Maggs is just too much.

Naturally more goes on than we see but how come we heard about this incident and no others?