PDA

View Full Version : Kipper

LongDistanceFan
10-02-2001, 09:12 AM
Does he have the chops to be a pitcher in the majors, or is he a bust?

Randar68
10-02-2001, 09:28 AM
He seems to do well as a reliever. The Sox should put him in middle relief for at least all of next season. Kip's problem has always been between his ears, and he just needs to grow up and get over it. If he shows he can be consistent and effective out of the pen for a whole season, then maybe you think about moving him back to the rotation for 2003....

LongDistanceFan
10-02-2001, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Randar68
He seems to do well as a reliever. The Sox should put him in middle relief for at least all of next season. Kip's problem has always been between his ears, and he just needs to grow up and get over it. If he shows he can be consistent and effective out of the pen for a whole season, then maybe you think about moving him back to the rotation for 2003.... great thought....... i never thought of that.

GASHWOUND
10-02-2001, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
Does he have the chops to be a pitcher in the majors, or is he a bust?

Well, it depends what kind of chops you have.. Well done, medium rare, bloody as hell, if you buy your chops frozen or fresh, that makes a difference. By em fresh and it will be nice and juicy, easy to slice witha fork, frozen is alot tougher, like leather. Not good.
Wait....Uhhhh, oh you mean if Kip is good enough to be a good pitcher in the majors. Sorry.

Maybe this guy needs to be in the bullpen. Than he can just give it all he's got for an inning here and there. but he sucks up the joint against all the good teams and only half-sucks against bad teams. If Kip can face the Tigers and Royals everytime he starts, he'd be an AllStar!!
But the bullpen should be his new home. Start Glover or Lowe in his spot. I don't think he's a bust. More like a little pop..

Daver
10-02-2001, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
He seems to do well as a reliever. The Sox should put him in middle relief for at least all of next season. Kip's problem has always been between his ears, and he just needs to grow up and get over it. If he shows he can be consistent and effective out of the pen for a whole season, then maybe you think about moving him back to the rotation for 2003....

That dog just plain won't hunt.

RichieRichAllen
10-02-2001, 07:14 PM
Do you have a larger .jpg of the Nuge photo? I'd like to put it in my Christmas cards this year.

Daver
10-02-2001, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by RichieRichAllen
Do you have a larger .jpg of the Nuge photo? I'd like to put it in my Christmas cards this year.

Take your pick.

http://www.tednugent.com/photos/hunt/index.shtml