PDA

View Full Version : With SS on DL why a send down?

joeynach
08-09-2004, 04:43 PM
When a player goes on the DL you get to call someone up to take his spot on the roster until he comes back. So why with SS on the 15 day DL did we have to send Burke down to get Diaz up. That doesn't make sense. There doesn't need to be a send down, right??

OEO Magglio
08-09-2004, 04:44 PM
When a player goes on the DL you get to call someone up to take his spot on the roster until he comes back. So why with SS on the 15 day DL did we have to send Burke down to get Diaz up. That doesn't make sense. There doesn't need to be a send down, right??No, because Robbie took shoney's spot on the team, so there does need to be a send down.

joeynach
08-09-2004, 04:50 PM
No, because Robbie took shoney's spot on the team, so there does need to be a send down.
Oh i see. Well i like burke he is solid contact hitter. Hope he comes back soon and they send down cotts or some crap.

Mohoney
08-09-2004, 06:31 PM
Oh i see. Well i like burke he is solid contact hitter. Hope he comes back soon and they send down cotts or some crap.

Then we would be left with only 10 pitchers. Won't work, unless we trade for another starter, stick Judy in the bullpen, and go to a 4 man rotation.