PDA

View Full Version : Minni lost, so lets win big tonight!

ma_deuce
08-09-2004, 03:40 PM
Breath in... breath out... positive thoughts... positive thoughts... the birds are singing... the flowers are blooming... the Reinsdorf is selling... The Wrigley Field is falling... the Moronotti is choking... the Hawk is screaming "Yes!"

Positive thoughts...

OEO Magglio
08-09-2004, 03:43 PM
HUGE game tonight. If we win, we're back with in 5 games and 4 in the loss column. Then kc comes into town for 3 while minny goes to seattle, granted seattle is awful but atleast it's in safeco so who knows.

DVsoxfan
08-09-2004, 03:44 PM
Breath in... breath out... positive thoughts... positive thoughts... the birds are singing... the flowers are blooming... the Reinsdorf is selling... The Wrigley Field is falling... the Moronotti is choking... the Hawk is screaming "Yes!"

Positive thoughts...
Big start for Diaz tonight. It would be a huge boost if we won tonight. Nothing like making up 2 games in as many days. Except making up 7 in as many days. Lets do it.

OzzieBall2004
08-09-2004, 03:54 PM
I wouldnt put any hard cash on us pulling this out, but all want is to at least make it interesting....all they gotta do is chip away....one game a week, not to mention six head to head vs. Minny and they got 6 vs the Yankmees, 3 of which are in their second to last series. If we didnt play with our heads up our browneyes against KC we could be right in this right now, and only a couple out of the wildcard.

Chez
08-09-2004, 04:00 PM
And so begins yet another ride on the emotional rollercoaster that is WSI.

SoxxoS
08-09-2004, 04:02 PM
What is funny to me is that everyone thought the sky was falling a week and a half ago after the Minny series...and we would kill to be back to 2 games out right about now.

But then, 2 games seemed insurmountable. Now, 5 games is no problem.:D:

Rocky Soprano
08-09-2004, 04:03 PM
I'll be there cheering my ass off for a win. Come on Sox, lets start a winning streak!

:gulp:

quade36
08-09-2004, 04:06 PM
I thought the sky was falling after losing the next three to detroit and going 5 back. Now being this far back has settled in and we have to chip away. Can't let an opprotunity like this get away. Texas lost too (yes I am looking at the wild card race). Sox need this win tonight. Not only to get ahead of Cleveland, gain a game on Minny, but to build their confidence for the series against the royals. I like their odds against the royals of taking two out of three or possibly sweeping with Garland, Buerhle and Garcia pitching.

LETS GO SOX
:hawk
COME ON TIMO!!!!

owensmouth
08-09-2004, 04:08 PM
I wouldnt put any hard cash on us pulling this out, but all want is to at least make it interesting....all they gotta do is chip away....one game a week, not to mention six head to head vs. Minny and they got 6 vs the Yankmees, 3 of which are in their second to last series. If we didnt play with our heads up our browneyes against KC we could be right in this right now, and only a couple out of the wildcard.
The Yankees are gonna get even with us for the Contreras trade. They're scheduling Loaiza to start all six games against the Twins

Erik The Red
08-09-2004, 04:09 PM
The Yankees are gonna get even with us for the Contreras trade. They're scheduling Loaiza to start all six games against the Twins :rolling:

nitetrain8601
08-09-2004, 04:13 PM
Well about Minny playing Seattle, Edgar Martinez is about to announce his immediate retirement today at 4:30, so I think Minny will have an easy time.

npdempse
08-09-2004, 04:16 PM
they got 6 vs the Yankmees, 3 of which are in their second to last series.
Which could mean they're playing a Yankee team that's taking the last week of the regular season pretty easy, what with a 10+ game lead, looking to save arms for the playoffs...

SoxxoS
08-09-2004, 04:20 PM
Which could mean they're playing a Yankee team that's taking the last week of the regular season pretty easy, what with a 10+ game lead, looking to save arms for the playoffs...
That is something that would happen to the Twins. They will probably start Loiaza, Proctor and Lieber.

WinTwins
08-09-2004, 04:21 PM
The Twins are playing a little vulnerable right now. After the 18-inning loss and today's Oakland wipeout, the staff looks tired, and a few players are banged up. Twins also play Cleveland this weekend, so if the Sox have a run in them, this would be a good week for it. The race is far from over, no matter how good a position Minnesota appears to be in right now; we saw how quickly things can change. It will be interesting to see how Contreras fares in Fenway--it could tell a lot.

SoxxoS
08-09-2004, 04:23 PM
The Twins are playing a little vulnerable right now. After the 18-inning loss and today's Oakland wipeout, the staff looks tired, and a few players are banged up. Twins also play Cleveland this weekend, so if the Sox have a run in them, this would be a good week for it. The race is far from over, no matter how good a position Minnesota appears to be in right now; we saw how quickly things can change. It will be interesting to see how Contreras fares in Fenway--it could tell a lot.
Exactly...think about how fast the Sox fell from grace.

jshanahanjr
08-09-2004, 04:30 PM
It all starts with a win tonight. Come on Diaz! Get this one and then rollover the Royals. At least there is hope.

Blob
08-09-2004, 04:56 PM
I'll be there cheering my ass off for a win. Come on Sox, lets start a winning streak!

:gulp:
I'll be there too. Come on Felix we need ya baby!!!

MRKARNO
08-09-2004, 05:17 PM
Felix really needs to step it up because we're facing a really tough pitcher in Westbrook tonight and the offense has been really scuffling as of late. If the Sox win tonight, I will take it as a really important step in the right direction for making a race out of this division. If Cleveland wins, I will look at it as the White Sox are putting themselves in a position where they have created a 3 team race. I can't see the Sox winning a 3-team race, but a two-team race with the Twins is winnable.

OzzieBall2004
08-09-2004, 06:27 PM
The Yankees are gonna get even with us for the Contreras trade. They're scheduling Loaiza to start all six games against the Twins

Thats awesome....their supposed Randy Johnson backup plan is not even a Contreras backup plan...

Lip Man 1
08-09-2004, 06:33 PM
NPDEM says: "Which could mean they're playing a Yankee team that's taking the last week of the regular season pretty easy, what with a 10+ game lead, looking to save arms for the playoffs..."

That's something that was mentioned two months ago and quickly dismissed by some. It's not automatically who you play but when.

Lip