PDA

View Full Version : Loaiza terrible once again

MRKARNO
08-09-2004, 02:38 PM
6 IP 5 ER to the Blue Jays. Yes the same Blue Jays that just fired their manager yesterday because they were so bad. You can't overlook the 11 baserunners either

CHISOXFAN13
08-09-2004, 02:43 PM
6 IP 5 ER to the Blue Jays. Yes the same Blue Jays that just fired their manager yesterday because they were so bad. You can't overlook the 11 baserunners either

He was giving up multiple hits per inning and not folling anyone again. Not a real big surprise.

Rocky Soprano
08-09-2004, 02:43 PM
Where do we send the Thank You Cards to the Yankees General Manager?

Bruck35
08-09-2004, 02:45 PM
What do you expect against a dominant offense like the Blue Jays? It's still a bad trade... FIRE KW!!

SoxFan78
08-09-2004, 02:47 PM
Loaiza gone after 6 innings. 10 hits, 4 ER, 2 K's, 1 HR

HomeFish
08-09-2004, 02:51 PM
As one of the Yankee announcers said when Loaiza was making his debut:

"I just can't get over this trade!"

MRKARNO
08-09-2004, 02:54 PM

Hopefully they'll never be able to get over how bad this trade was for them....

bobj4400
08-09-2004, 03:04 PM

The announcers must have been relying on Baseball Tonight for their evaluation of the trade, rather than people who actually watched the White Sox with Loaiza on the mound this season...

Frankfan4life
08-09-2004, 03:18 PM
Loaiza gone after 6 innings. 10 hits, 4 ER, 2 K's, 1 HRAccording to Sportsline, Loaiza's numbers are 6 innings, 10 hits, 5 ER, 1 BB, 2 K's.

I feel bad for Loaiza because he's a class guy and he didn't ask to be put in this situation, but I have no sympathy for the Yankmees, their fans and the fawning and slobbering Yankmee-lovers, ESPN.

kittle42
08-09-2004, 04:01 PM
According to Sportsline, Loaiza's numbers are 6 innings, 10 hits, 5 ER, 1 BB, 2 K's.

I feel bad for Loaiza because he's a class guy and he didn't ask to be put in this situation, but I have no sympathy for the Yankmees, their fans and the fawning and slobbering Yankmee-lovers, ESPN.
He's the anti-Yohan.

Yohan has had an 11-game streak in which his ERA has been lowered every start. I do believe this "All-Star" has a steak at least that long, in the negative direction.

Huisj
08-09-2004, 04:03 PM
The announcers must have been relying on Baseball Tonight for their evaluation of the trade, rather than people who actually watched the White Sox with Loaiza on the mound this season...
yeah, i want to hear jeff brantley's opinion on the trade now. Loaiza's ERA is over 5 now. Contreras has been great in two starts, although I'm sure Brantley hasn't noticed this because he knows nothing except that Loaiza was an all star.

Flight #24
08-09-2004, 04:05 PM
Esteban Loaiza is quickly getting used to the sound of boos at Yankee Stadium.
Nice. Meanwhile, Contreras is taking advantage of every opportunity to look very very good.

Huisj
08-09-2004, 04:06 PM
He's the anti-Yohan.

Yohan has had an 11-game streak in which his ERA has been lowered every start. I do believe this "All-Star" has a steak at least that long, in the negative direction.
Close, Loaiza is at 10 starts in a row that have raised his ERA after today I believe. that's pretty awful.

OEO Magglio
08-09-2004, 04:09 PM
He's the anti-Yohan.

Yohan has had an 11-game streak in which his ERA has been lowered every start. I do believe this "All-Star" has a steak at least that long, in the negative direction.Who's Yohan?:wink:

bobj4400
08-09-2004, 04:11 PM
Who's Yohan?:wink:
Santana of the Twinkies:mad:

DoggPhood
08-09-2004, 04:13 PM
NEW YORK (AP) -- Esteban Loaiza is quickly getting used to the sound of boos at Yankee Stadium.

Gabe Gross connected off Loaiza for his first major league home run, Josh Towers took a shutout into the seventh inning and the Toronto Blue Jays won in John Gibbons' first game as manager, beating New York 5-4 Monday to stop a five-game losing streak.

A day after Toronto fired manager Carlos Tosca and replaced him with Gibbons for the rest of the season, the last-place Blue Jays (48-64) built a 5-0 lead in winning the finale of the four-game series. They kept Loaiza winless in two starts since the Yankees acquired him from the Chicago White Sox on July 31 for Jose Contreras.

Loaiza (9-6) allowed his 26th homer of the season, third in the AL behind Jamie Moyer (31) and Bartolo Colon (29). As soon as Gross' two-run drive down the right-field line hit the top of the wall and bounced over in the sixth inning, the crowd of 49,853 began booing Loaiza.

Baby Fisk
08-09-2004, 04:14 PM
:eloaiza:

"These Yanqui bastardos are giving me no run support!"

Hangar18
08-09-2004, 04:18 PM
Hopefully they'll never be able to get over how bad this trade was for them....
All the times they ripped us off ........... karma is a funny funny thing.
Just think ......... the cubs are due

Evman5
08-09-2004, 04:19 PM
Santana of the Twinkies:mad:

It is Johan Santana! :smile:

kittle42
08-09-2004, 04:21 PM
Oh, man....how did I mess that one up?:?:

wulfy
08-09-2004, 04:31 PM
http://www.cbs.sportsline.com/mlb/gamecenter/recap/MLB_20040809_TOR@NYY

Apparently, he got booed off the mound in NY today:

NEW YORK -- Esteban Loaiza is quickly getting used to the sound of boos at Yankee Stadium. I'm sorry to see this happen to him, but I'm not surprised by it and I'm still surprised the Yankees made this deal.

ma_deuce
08-09-2004, 04:32 PM

"Maybe I yam jus' a one year wonder?"

samram
08-09-2004, 04:32 PM
yeah, i want to hear jeff brantley's opinion on the trade now. Loaiza's ERA is over 5 now. Contreras has been great in two starts, although I'm sure Brantley hasn't noticed this because he knows nothing except that Loaiza was an all star.Well, now that he doesn't play for the Yankees, Brantley isn't even aware of the existence of any "Jose Contreras", but Brantley is sure that if he is playing for the Sox, he is unhappy.

bobj4400
08-09-2004, 04:35 PM
Huh? :?:

PorkChopExpress
08-09-2004, 04:36 PM
http://www.cbs.sportsline.com/mlb/gamecenter/recap/MLB_20040809_TOR@NYY

Apparently, he got booed off the mound in NY today:

I'm sorry to see this happen to him, but I'm not surprised by it and I'm still surprised the Yankees made this deal.
I remember watching a little of his first game, on ESPN and the announcers kept talking about what a great deal the Yankess made and how they couldn't believe the White Sox made this deal. They made it sound like KW had no clue what he was doing and that he was duped by the Yanks. I don't like to see this happen to Esty, although it's not really different than what he's done all year, but I love that all those who thought the White Sox were so stupid for making this trade are seeing what the Yankees actually got, and it's not the 21 game winner everyone thought it was.

mikey1313
08-09-2004, 04:39 PM
Looks like Esteban is having a bit of a difficult time in the Bronx....

After two all-too familiar mediocre outings,
the NY press is now speculating that when
Mussina comes off the DL, Loiaza may end
up in the bullpen....

Seems like a long time ago when he was an
almost untouchable 20-game winner....

http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/gamecenter/recap/MLB_20040809_TOR@NYY

Erik The Red
08-09-2004, 04:46 PM
Also seems like a long time since that lady from the YES network wrote her editorial on the trade.

OzzieBall2004
08-09-2004, 04:50 PM
I feel bad for the guy, but at the same time I love seeing the Yankees get burned...Now only if Contreras can pitch a gem at Fenway this weekend.... :D:

Erik The Red
08-09-2004, 04:52 PM
Cross your fingers.

Irishsox1
08-09-2004, 04:53 PM
Loiaza was a one year wonder that the Sox totally lucked out on. Everyone knew that, except the Yankees. Great trade by Kenny.

Flight #24
08-09-2004, 05:02 PM
I love that all those who thought the White Sox were so stupid for making this trade are seeing what the Yankees actually got, and it's not the 21 game winner everyone thought it was.
Let's not be too hasty, I'd bet Esteban wins 20+ again....over th enext 2-3 years.

bobj4400
08-09-2004, 05:02 PM
Also seems like a long time since that lady from the YES network wrote her editorial on the trade.
Any link for the editorial?

Johnny Mostil
08-09-2004, 05:50 PM
Any link for the editorial?
http://www.yesnetwork.com/announcers/article.asp?article_id=228

Baby Fisk
08-09-2004, 06:05 PM
http://www.yesnetwork.com/announcers/article.asp?article_id=228What drivel! Utterly hilarious! You have to live a pretty soul-destroying existence to be part of the Yankee propaganda machine. The YES-men (and women) are tools and drones!

Thx for the link Johnny.

Johnny Mostil
08-09-2004, 06:07 PM
What drivel! Utterly hilarious! You have to live a pretty soul-destroying existence to be part of the Yankee propaganda machine. The YES-men (and women) are tools and drones!

Thx for the link Johnny.
De nada. George can't possibly pay anybody enough to write such self-serving malarkey, can he?

Blob
08-09-2004, 06:15 PM
I only have one thing to say...

BWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! !

idseer
08-09-2004, 06:17 PM
I feel bad for Loaiza because he's a class guy and he didn't ask to be put in this situation,
i don't think it was very classy to suggest the reason he didn't win as much here as he thought he should was because he didn't get run support ... blaming it on his teammates ..... do you?

nitetrain8601
08-09-2004, 06:19 PM
and possibly losing his starting spot already.
http://cbs.sportsline.com/mlb/gamecenter/recap/MLB_20040809_TOR@NYY

MRKARNO
08-09-2004, 06:47 PM

"They're not playing the game. They don't know what is going on," Loaiza said. "I really don't pay attention to fans that much until the end."

Looks like Esty's getting a little testy...

Frankfan4life
08-09-2004, 07:19 PM
i don't think it was very classy to suggest the reason he didn't win as much here as he thought he should was because he didn't get run support ... blaming it on his teammates ..... do you?Uh, I forgot about that. I suppose he felt he needed to make some kind of excuse for his bad performance this year but blaming it on lack of run support was wrong and definately not classy.

Anyway, some Yankmee fans are starting to see the light. Here are a few tidbits:

This guy is just not very good. He's had one good season his entire career. And now he's reverted to his mediocre self. I know that Contreras, like Jeff Weaver, probably wasn't ever gonna be able to pitch in NY. But at least Weaver got us Kevin Brown. Contreras, who's pitched great his first to starts in Chicago, has great stuff, and we should've been able to get something better than a scrub pitcher who has no place on this year's team, or 2005 and beyond.
5 runs in 6 innings..just like last time...this guy reaks....
I am thinking it was a bad trade too...oh well..can't win em all.
For more, check this out.

http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=ml-yankees&msg=87855.1&ctx=0

inta
08-09-2004, 09:31 PM
man, i feel kinda bad for esteban.
but i'm glad we dont have to witness his return to earth here on the southside.
thanks for 2003.

must be the yankees forcing him to shave off his moustache and goatee.... that's where he found his strength...
:tongue:

Johnny Mostil
08-09-2004, 09:41 PM
must be the yankees forcing him to shave off his moustache and goatee.... that's where he found his strength...
:tongue:
I hadn't realized until the Loaiza trade that Steinbrenner actually prohibits beards for Yankee players. What's his reason?

fquaye149
08-09-2004, 09:44 PM
I hadn't realized until the Loaiza trade that Steinbrenner actually prohibits beards for Yankee players. What's his reason?
he wants them to look neat and professional.

Gimm
08-09-2004, 09:50 PM
The announcers must have been relying on Baseball Tonight for their evaluation of the trade, rather than people who actually watched the White Sox with Loaiza on the mound this season...But....but....velocity is not important, it's like, Maddux, Glavine, Moyer...yo.

:smile::rolleyes:

dcb33
08-09-2004, 10:21 PM
i don't think it was very classy to suggest the reason he didn't win as much here as he thought he should was because he didn't get run support ... blaming it on his teammates ..... do you?
It was funny after the trade some of the wizards on ESPN actually said the same thing- it will be great for Loaiza because he can get run support in New York but not in Chicago, when in fact, Loaiza is in at least the top 15 when it comes to SPers with the most run support...
All of this reminds me of the game in June I was at when he completely fell apart and blew an 8-0 lead to the Indians...

Johnny Mostil
08-09-2004, 10:34 PM
he wants them to look neat and professional.
Well, OK, but does that mean the other 29 (?) owners don't want this of their players?

fquaye149
08-09-2004, 10:39 PM
Well, OK, but does that mean the other 29 (?) owners don't want this of their players?
i really dont' know, but that's steinbrenner's reason.

SoxyStu
08-09-2004, 10:53 PM
Doesn't that date back to the highly publicized Mattingly hair cut years back?

Palehose13
08-09-2004, 11:02 PM
IIRC, the Phillies manager doesn't allow facial hair.

Erik The Red
08-09-2004, 11:14 PM
Doesn't that date back to the highly publicized Mattingly hair cut years back? It predates that by a long stretch.

chisoxfan79
08-09-2004, 11:30 PM
I missed Baseball Tonight this evening did Harold Reynolds try and spin this into saying it was a good start by Loaiza like he did last week?

inta
08-10-2004, 12:33 AM
i miss the old metalhead jason giambi

http://www.thediamondangle.com/archive/aug01/oak/jason.jpg

ClaudelSleptHere
08-10-2004, 02:13 AM
Read on the Yankees board that Loaiza was probably nervous because he was going for his 100th win.................WHAT A MILESTONE!!!! How could you expect a guy to throw well when he was going for his 100th win???

fquaye149
08-10-2004, 08:24 AM
I missed Baseball Tonight this evening did Harold Reynolds try and spin this into saying it was a good start by Loaiza like he did last week?
he fired up a big crack pipe and then ripped hawk's home run call.

WhteSox725
08-10-2004, 09:17 AM
What drivel! Utterly hilarious! You have to live a pretty soul-destroying existence to be part of the Yankee propaganda machine. The YES-men (and women) are tools and drones!

Thx for the link Johnny.
She makes mention that the Yankmees front three could be as good as anyones in the American League. Where do people feel our front three rank? I feel pretty good about our top three pitchers. It's the pitchers after those three that can be kind of scary.

bobj4400
08-10-2004, 09:22 AM
http://www.yesnetwork.com/announcers/article.asp?article_id=228
thanks!

sendimjoey
08-10-2004, 11:30 AM
Overall, I like this trade for the Sox. Let's keep in mind that Contreras has only had two starts. And for this trade to be good for the Sox, he has to have two good years where he's worth the $6-7M that the Sox will owe him in each of those two years (I've seen conflicting reports on how much of his salary the Yankees will be paying). In other words, he has to pitch better than another pitcher the Sox would have been able to acquire this winter for that money. I think he has a very good chance to be as good or better than that, but it does represent the downside risk to this deal. Contreras pitching better than Loiaza for the rest of this year will be nice, but it won't be the best way to judge whether this trade was good.

I do feel a little sorry for Loiaza, despite his little cheap shot on the way out the door (although he may have been thinking of those two 1-0 losses to the 43-119 Tigers last year that may have cost him the Cy Young Award). I think it's fair to say that most of us have no idea what it's like to be told, OK, you're not going to work here any more, starting tomorrow you're in New York, although it may only be for two months. Granted, most of us don't know what it's like to be paid a $4M salary and have our every whim catered to either, but I can understand if he said something inappropriate at a time when his life was in flux. As I recall, Loiaza also told the Yankees announcers to say that they misquoted him about not being happy with the Sox. He insisted that they make the correction on the next night's broadcast. So let's not forget that display of class. I wish him well.

manuelsucks
08-10-2004, 11:51 AM
http://www.yesnetwork.com/announcers/article.asp?article_id=228From this article:

Pedro, Schilling and Wakefield or Lowe? Hudson, Mulder and Zito? Each has problems, each has it's weak link. The Yankees just have to pitch like the back of their bubble gum cards and the team will be fine.HAHAHAHA what is that! After reading that, there is no need to read anymore. It is obvious this article is a waste of time and everything she ever wrote shouldn't be touched with a 5 foot pole!! My god can you get any stupider!