PDA

View Full Version : Why Torii needs to be brained with a heater.

Jurr
08-09-2004, 02:11 PM
It seems that to the Twins people, especially the announcers, that whole thing is a joke. Some blood needs to spill for this one.

I'm watching today's game against Oakland, and I've already heard these remarks:

"Yeah...those Sox are an absolute mess"
"They're upset about losing Maggs and Frank, well we lost Torii in April for 3 weeks."
"In other news, Jamie Burke got sent down for Felix Diaz. That's a shame....Burke probably just now remembered where he was, and he's going down?"
Laughs...
"Yeah, the poor kid just now remembers his social security number, his address, and what team he plays for, and now he's going to be sent down to Charlotte. How harsh!!!"

I hope some Sox players read this stuff or have the MLB package to see how disrespectful the Twins people are.

DVsoxfan
08-09-2004, 02:20 PM
It seems that to the Twins people, especially the announcers, that whole thing is a joke. Some blood needs to spill for this one.

I'm watching today's game against Oakland, and I've already heard these remarks:

"They're upset about losing Maggs and Frank, well we lost Torii in April for 3 weeks."
"In other news, Jamie Burke got sent down for Felix Diaz. That's a shame....Burke probably just now remembered where he was, and he's going down?"
Laughs...
"Yeah, the poor kid just now remembers his social security number, his address, and what team he plays for, and now he's going to be sent down to Charlotte. How harsh!!!"

I hope some Sox players read this stuff or have the MLB package to see how disrespectful the Twins people are.
3 weeks?!! Frank and Maggs are out for the rest of the SEASON. "3 months, not just 3 weeks" dimwits. Torii's out 3 weeks and they cry, and then they yell @ us. At least they have that fruit for the pennant run. And were w/o our 3,4 hitters. Is there a way we can send this to Jamie Burke, Hawk, or other sox players. This could be fuel for a future Twinkee barbeque.

Cubbiesuck13
08-09-2004, 02:21 PM
This is worse than the hit in my opinion. But the hit wasn't bad in my mind. This is awful. Too bad we can't do anything about it like win the division.

diskord
08-09-2004, 02:23 PM
The defining moment of the Diskord's stay at WSI:

First post got his dumbass banned...:dtroll:

fledgedrallycap
08-09-2004, 02:24 PM
This is worse than the hit in my opinion. But the hit wasn't bad in my mind. This is awful. Too bad we can't do anything about it like win the division.
No question.

oeo
08-09-2004, 02:25 PM
Wow...what a bunch of cacks. They act exactly like the Twins players do.

Torii out for 3 weeks? OMG, lets curl up and die...Maggs has been out for the majority of the season and we still stayed with the Twins at the top of the Central.

If the Sox do make this amazing come back...then I want to hear what they have to say...the season isn't over yet pal.

diskord
08-09-2004, 02:27 PM
The Twins also went without Shanon Stewart for close to 3 months, and Joe Mauer hasn't even played 30 games yet this year.

CHISOXFAN13
08-09-2004, 02:29 PM
The Twins also went without Shanon Stewart for close to 3 months, and Joe Mauer hasn't even played 30 games yet this year.

:dtroll:

SomebodyToldMe
08-09-2004, 02:30 PM
wow!

this has single handedly brought some hope back into my heart...i one more loss away from calling this season over, now i'm hoping for the sox to make those twin pricks eat their words.

let's do this.

MRKARNO
08-09-2004, 02:30 PM
Stewart and Mauer : Thomas and Ordonez :: Rob Deer : Jim Thome

jeremyb1
08-09-2004, 02:31 PM
Yeah, the most offensive part to me is trying to compare their injuries to ours. Theirs were breifer and more importantly, actually helped them win games. A lot of that is a testament to the Twins' depth but that's no excuse to act like we're on equal footing. I'd love to have Rivas, the worst player on my club go down. I'd love to have Morneau, Restovich, and Lew Ford to fill in instead of Timo Perez, Joe Borchard, and Ross Gload.

Cubbiesuck13
08-09-2004, 02:32 PM
This could have been a good thread too. damned trolls.

diskord
08-09-2004, 02:34 PM
There is no way that you could argue that the loss of Mags and Frank is anything but the biggest losses for ANY team in baseball this year (I mean where would NY be if Jeter and A-Rod both went down for an extended amount of time).

But I was merely saying that it wasn't like the Twins haven't had a fair amount of injuries as well, they just have like a previous poster, much more depth in the orginization than the White Sox.

ma-gaga
08-09-2004, 02:36 PM
Yeah, the most offensive part to me is trying to compare their injuries to ours.
Truthfully, Mientkiewicz spraining his wrist was a godsend. I've never been so happy to have a guy go down ever, and I love Doug Misspelling. But he needed 20 games off, and Morneau needed a shot.

I'm not hearing anything about the season ending injury to Nick Punto. C'mon, people...

:gulp:

habibharu
08-09-2004, 02:36 PM
losing maggs and frank is not an excuse. we are losing because KW has not put together a good team. and yes the twins have had injuries. stewart, hunter,mauer,rivas,koskie. not to mention that they lost a gold glove 1b during the trade deadline

Palehose13
08-09-2004, 02:37 PM
These ass wipe announcers are always like that, this is why I have dubbed them the "Circle Jerks"...it is fitting. A special thanks to the stupid "Circle me, jerk" gimmick.

Is someone gonna take care of this twinkie troll? Nice fans...they would rather troll a Sox site than watch their own damn game.

MRKARNO
08-09-2004, 02:40 PM
Is someone gonna take care of this twinkie troll? Nice fans...they would rather troll a Sox site than watch their own damn game.
The reason they troll here is because Twins fans don't have a board of their own that they can go to (ESPN excluded) in which someone will actually respond to them within a week.

ma-gaga
08-09-2004, 02:42 PM

Actually, the Twins announcers are a little goofy. Are you talking about radio or tv? The radio guys are terrible, the tv guys are better.

But really, when your signature announcer goes:
"C'MON TIMO!!! C'MON TIMO!!! C'MON TIMO!!! C'MON TIMO!!! C'MON TIMO!!! C'MON TIMO!!! C'MON TIMO!!! C'MON TIMO!!! YES!!!"

I don't know if you really can complain. [checks WSI manefesto], aw crap, I guess you can...

Palehose13
08-09-2004, 02:42 PM
There is no way that you could argue that the loss of Mags and Frank is anything but the biggest losses for ANY team in baseball this year (I mean where would NY be if Jeter and A-Rod both went down for an extended amount of time).

But I was merely saying that it wasn't like the Twins haven't had a fair amount of injuries as well, they just have like a previous poster, much more depth in the orginization than the White Sox.

How do you think the Twins would be doing if both Hunter and Stewart were both out for the whole second half of the season or more (as in Maggs' case)?
I don't deny that all teams have injuries (the Sox have had their share other than rank and Maggs), but seriously...you think the Twins have enough depth to replace BOTH Hunter and Stewart at the same time for the whole second half of the year?

ChiSoxBobette
08-09-2004, 02:45 PM

Laughs...

I wish there was someway to get those quotes to the White Sox , I just hope Dave Wills, who does read whats on this site ,can pass that along. I would hope next time we play these guys we go out there and injure one of them as Hunter went out of his way to do to Burke. Also if I ever hear Rooney talking to that idiot Blyleven who announces for those pieces of crap and I hear Rooney telling that horsesbutt how he should be in the HOF I'm going to go ape****, bert blyleven was garbage pitcher who had one good pitch he was'nt even close to being HOF material.

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

MRKARNO
08-09-2004, 02:46 PM
I don't deny that all teams have injuries (the Sox have had their share other than rank and Maggs), but seriously...you think the Twins have enough depth to replace BOTH Hunter and Stewart at the same time for the whole second half of the year?
Hunter is easily replaced by Lew Ford, but that Twins team goes up and down with the health and play of Shannon Stewart

Palehose13
08-09-2004, 02:46 PM
Actually, the Twins announcers are a little goofy. Are you talking about radio or tv? The radio guys are terrible, the tv guys are better.

But really, when your signature announcer goes:
"C'MON TIMO!!! C'MON TIMO!!! C'MON TIMO!!! C'MON TIMO!!! C'MON TIMO!!! C'MON TIMO!!! C'MON TIMO!!! C'MON TIMO!!! YES!!!"

I don't know if you really can complain. [checks WSI manefesto], aw crap, I guess you can...

Sure Hawk is a homer, and no one denies that. However, do you ever remember him RIPPING another team? In fact, I think Hawk is quite generous to other teams. But the twinkies TV announcers rip other teams all the time, especially the Sox. They are soooo pompous it is disgusting. It reminds me of many people in Milwaukee and Green Bay: Jealous of the REAL city in the midwest.

Palehose13
08-09-2004, 02:47 PM
Hunter is easily replaced by Lew Ford, but that Twins team goes up and down with the health and play of Shannon Stewart

And that is why I stressed both. The Sox were doing ok with Maggs, but as soon as both were lost...

Jerko
08-09-2004, 03:03 PM
I hate to say it, but until the Sox knock the Twins off their perch, they better get used to getting trashed like that by the Minny announcers.

Wanne
08-09-2004, 03:13 PM
losing maggs and frank is not an excuse. we are losing because KW has not put together a good team. and yes the twins have had injuries. stewart, hunter,mauer,rivas,koskie. not to mention that they lost a gold glove 1b during the trade deadline

You can't be serious...how can a team lose it's best 2 hitters and not be affected by it. How would the Cardinals be if they lost Puljos and Rolen a couple of months ago for the rest of the season?

Kogs35
08-09-2004, 03:18 PM
I wish there was someway to get those quotes to the White Sox , I just hope Dave Wills, who does read whats on this site ,can pass that along. I would hope next time we play these guys we go out there and injure one of them as Hunter went out of his way to do to Burke. Also if I ever hear Rooney talking to that idiot Blyleven who announces for those pieces of crap and I hear Rooney telling that horsesbutt how he should be in the HOF I'm going to go ape****, bert blyleven was garbage pitcher who had one good pitch he was'nt even close to being HOF material.

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

i hope some1 with the sox does pass these quotes over to the players and fires them up. hopefully the sox can catch up to them for the september series and kick some twinki tushy.

Cowch44
08-09-2004, 03:24 PM
http://tinypic.com/1m5co
Gee.....I didn't know he knew how to slide.

Uncle_Patrick
08-09-2004, 03:38 PM
i hope some1 with the sox does pass these quotes over to the players and fires them up. hopefully the sox can catch up to them for the september series and kick some twinki tushy.Unfortunately, nothing seems to fire up the Sox lately. Whether the Hunter hit was a clean play or not (and the point has been debated ad nauseum on this website) it certainly should have fired them up, and they did nothing about it. I doubt that the words of the Twins broadcasters will have any effect on more than maybe a few of the Sox players.

WinTwins
08-09-2004, 05:09 PM
Sorry if our announcer guys hurt your players' feelings. It was wrong of us and we won't do it again.

SoxxoS
08-09-2004, 05:22 PM
What goes around comes around...Torii will get his eventually. It might not be today...it might not be tomorrow, but someday.

WinTwins
08-09-2004, 05:36 PM
Nice fans...they would rather troll a Sox site than watch their own damn game.

The best thing about this site is the passion that Sox fans have. We don't even come close to that in Minnesota, and that's why I enjoy reading all of your comments. I think most of us Twins fans who show up here enjoy the biased and emotional viewpoints that we can't find for the Twins--and especially during a pennant race. So, speaking for myself, I review the games, trades, etc. from the "enemy" viewpoint, but not because I don't watch my own team (I was there today for Oakland's 8-2 trashing) but because it's pretty cool to hear from people who really, really care--like Sox fans.

Sox fans are crazy, spirited, passionate fans, and Twins fans are well-behaved and generally nicely groomed. And you guys have a way better forum for those who care--on either side.

Win1ForMe
08-09-2004, 05:44 PM
Ok, in your opinion, if the Red Sox lost Manny Ramirez and David Ortiz for the season, would you consider them a playoff team?

idseer
08-09-2004, 05:45 PM

Laughs...

let me get this straight. tori needs to be drilled in the head because their announcers are downplaying the sox losing magglio and thomas ..... right?

this has gotten idiotically out of control. you guys are fast becoming worse than soccer fans. i do believe that if the situation presented itself a posting member of this board would actually run tori over with their car! i mean REALLY DO IT!

you guys that cannot get beyond a tough but good play that coincided with the sox downturn are absolute MORONS!

and who gives a **** what some stupid announcers have to say about the sox?

idseer
08-09-2004, 05:46 PM
wow!

this has single handedly brought some hope back into my heart...i one more loss away from calling this season over, now i'm hoping for the sox to make those twin pricks eat their words.

let's do this.
so if these announcers hadn't said anything, you weren't really hoping the sox would still win it.

fascinating.

MRKARNO
08-09-2004, 06:06 PM
The best thing about this site is the passion that Sox fans have. We don't even come close to that in Minnesota, and that's why I enjoy reading all of your comments. I think most of us Twins fans who show up here enjoy the biased and emotional viewpoints that we can't find for the Twins--and especially during a pennant race. So, speaking for myself, I review the games, trades, etc. from the "enemy" viewpoint, but not because I don't watch my own team (I was there today for Oakland's 8-2 trashing) but because it's pretty cool to hear from people who really, really care--like Sox fans.

Sox fans are crazy, spirited, passionate fans, and Twins fans are well-behaved and generally nicely groomed. And you guys have a way better forum for those who care--on either side. We can definately deal with a respectful Twins fan around these parts as long as you don't kick us when we're down.:smile:

Sox Mobile
08-09-2004, 06:07 PM
let me get this straight. tori needs to be drilled in the head because their announcers are downplaying the sox losing magglio and thomas ..... right?

this has gotten idiotically out of control. you guys are fast becoming worse than soccer fans. i do believe that if the situation presented itself a posting member of this board would actually run tori over with their car! i mean REALLY DO IT!

you guys that cannot get beyond a tough but good play that coincided with the sox downturn are absolute MORONS!

and who gives a **** what some stupid announcers have to say about the sox?
If you can't understand why the comments of the Twins TV announcers upsets people, then you just might be, as you so elagantly put it, a moron.

Esp making fun of Burke, clean or dirty hit, he could have been hurt in a big way.

idseer
08-09-2004, 06:13 PM
If you can't understand why the comments of the Twins TV announcers upsets people, then you just might be, as you so elagantly put it, a moron.

Esp making fun of Burke, clean or dirty hit, he could have been hurt in a big way.
but he WASN'T hurt and that's the point. he got his bell rung and after the fact you can make light of it. this kind of humor has been around since the caveman days. fact is you can't let go of it. it's silly and juvenile to get upset over it.

WinTwins
08-09-2004, 06:18 PM
I guess I don't see why Hunter wasn't drilled his next AB. I'm sure he expected it--he earned it, even if you consider it nothing more than hardnosed baseball. Since the play, the Sox played scared. The next time the Twins and Sox meet, there are a couple of probable scenarios; 1) the Sox claw back into the race and taking revenge on Hunter will have to take place during a high-leverage game where every baserunner counts, or 2) the Twins will already be well ahead of the Sox, in which case the intended payback will come too late for the Sox.

I was among those VERY surprised by Ozzie's handling of the situation. It should have already been taken care of.

Sox Mobile
08-09-2004, 06:20 PM
but he WASN'T hurt and that's the point. he got his bell rung and after the fact you can make light of it. this kind of humor has been around since the caveman days. fact is you can't let go of it. it's silly and juvenile to get upset over it.
Their comments go beyond making "light of it".

There is also a thing called respect and professionalism......although you might not understand that either........since it didnt exist in the caveman days.

CWsox45
08-09-2004, 06:24 PM
If Hawk tells everyone that we are "interactive" tonight, we ought to send him this conversation. If there's one person that would like to motivate this team, we all know it's the Hawk.

As for Torii........one word....KARMA. :angry: :angry: :angry:

CWSOX45

idseer
08-09-2004, 06:31 PM
Their comments go beyond making "light of it".

There is also a thing called respect and professionalism......although you might not understand that either........since it didnt exist in the caveman days.
there's also something called 'being real'. try it.

Sox Mobile
08-09-2004, 06:39 PM
I guess I don't see why Hunter wasn't drilled his next AB. I'm sure he expected it--he earned it, even if you consider it nothing more than hardnosed baseball. Since the play, the Sox played scared. The next time the Twins and Sox meet, there are a couple of probable scenarios; 1) the Sox claw back into the race and taking revenge on Hunter will have to take place during a high-leverage game where every baserunner counts, or 2) the Twins will already be well ahead of the Sox, in which case the intended payback will come too late for the Sox.

I was among those VERY surprised by Ozzie's handling of the situation. It should have already been taken care of.
Alot of Sox fans agree with you.

Gimm
08-09-2004, 06:42 PM
you guys cannot get beyond a tough but good play that coincided with the sox downturn
No, "we" can't get beyond disingenuous contrarians insisting on calling a spade a rosebud.

"Tough, smart play" is an elastic concept. One could argue that, for instance, "accidentally" throwing at Bonds's head is both "tough" and "smart" - afterall, it maximizes your chance of winning since it knocks Berroids out for the remainder of the series. Hey, it's not as if the pitcher was doing it, um, "intentionally" - like violent collisions at the plate, getting beaned in the helmet is part of baseball's tradition, so all the whinny macho crybabies should just get over it. As they should get over it when their SS gets spiked in the groin - just taking his legs out to break up a DP is not enough because the SS can always jump over your slide, but if you "accidentally" stick your leg out on a "late" slide, he ain't completing jack. And so on.

BTW, the following broadcast, WGN showed the previously-unseen angle (think 3rd base coach perspective) and it clearly and unequivocally shows:

1. Hunter turning his head as he rounds the base and looking toward RF to see Timo's (late) throw - there goes the "but, he didn't know the throw would be late and off-line" excuse.

2. Hunter making an outrageously unneccesary decision to veer off the path to the plate and tackling (not colliding - think DE blindsiding the QB) Burke who stood 3 feet off the plate without a ball.

Hunter has been around the league long enough. He knew what was happening. He knew what he wanted to do. There will come a time when he will be on the receiving end of an equally "smart" and "tough" play.

Gimm
08-09-2004, 06:59 PM
Yeah, the most offensive part to me is trying to compare their injuries to ours. Theirs were breifer and more importantly, actually helped them win games. A lot of that is a testament to the Twins' depth but that's no excuse to act like we're on equal footing. I'd love to have Rivas, the worst player on my club go down. I'd love to have Morneau, Restovich, and Lew Ford to fill in instead of Timo Perez, Joe Borchard, and Ross Gload.
Actually...

Shannon Stewart is every bit as valuable to them as Magglio is to us this year. His loss was huge.

Joe Mauer's loss was not quite as big as Frank's, but it was not far behind.

Then when you consider that Koskie and Mientkeiwitz were/are playing injured, clearly not the same players they were in 2003, and when you add Hunter's and Rivas's DL stints......

Sorry, but Twins have been just as banged-up as the Sox. That they actually have better replacements for those players (Blanco and LeCroy??) is not relevant. If anything, that is a testament to the depth or lack thereof on our part.

SoxxoS
08-09-2004, 07:02 PM
Actually...

Shannon Stewart is every bit as valuable to them as Magglio is to us this year. His loss was huge.

Joe Mauer's loss was not quite as big as Frank's, but it was not far behind.

Then when you consider that Koskie and Mientkeiwitz were/are playing injured, clearly not the same players they were in 2003, and when you add Hunter's and Rivas's DL stints......

Sorry, but Twins have been just as banged-up as the Sox. That they actually have better replacements for those players (Blanco and LeCroy??) is not relevant. If anything, that is a testament to the depth or lack thereof on our part.
I'm with you on the Stewart thing...but did you just compare the loss of Joe Mauer (a rookie) to Frank Thomas (a hall of famer). Was that supposed to be in teal?

Gimm
08-09-2004, 07:09 PM
I'm with you on the Stewart thing...but did you just compare the loss of Joe Mauer (a rookie) to Frank Thomas (a hall of famer). Was that supposed to be in teal?Mauer has a 940 OPS and is an excellent defensive catcher - 39% CS and 3.30 CERA.

idseer
08-09-2004, 07:52 PM
No, "we" can't get beyond disingenuous contrarians insisting on calling a spade a rosebud.

"Tough, smart play" is an elastic concept. One could argue that, for instance, "accidentally" throwing at Bonds's head is both "tough" and "smart" - afterall, it maximizes your chance of winning since it knocks Berroids out for the remainder of the series. Hey, it's not as if the pitcher was doing it, um, "intentionally" - like violent collisions at the plate, getting beaned in the helmet is part of baseball's tradition, so all the whinny macho crybabies should just get over it. As they should get over it when their SS gets spiked in the groin - just taking his legs out to break up a DP is not enough because the SS can always jump over your slide, but if you "accidentally" stick your leg out on a "late" slide, he ain't completing jack. And so on.

BTW, the following broadcast, WGN showed the previously-unseen angle (think 3rd base coach perspective) and it clearly and unequivocally shows:

1. Hunter turning his head as he rounds the base and looking toward RF to see Timo's (late) throw - there goes the "but, he didn't know the throw would be late and off-line" excuse.

2. Hunter making an outrageously unneccesary decision to veer off the path to the plate and tackling (not colliding - think DE blindsiding the QB) Burke who stood 3 feet off the plate without a ball.

Hunter has been around the league long enough. He knew what was happening. He knew what he wanted to do. There will come a time when he will be on the receiving end of an equally "smart" and "tough" play.

same load that's been circulating here for a long time now. spin it any way you want, but burke was in the act of catching that ball so your " he knew the throw was late" is just more bs. burke was also catching it 2 feet from the bag and could have made a swipe tag. AND ALL OF BASEBALL KNOWS IT WAS A GOOR HARD PLAY (except for whiney sox fans)
i know this is getting old but as long as you keep repeating the lies, i'll keep telling it like it was.

you bloodthirsty fans are so off course it's hard to believe. you are poor examples of sportsmen/women and it's pitiful.

ma-gaga
08-09-2004, 08:46 PM
I'm with you on the Stewart thing...but did you just compare the loss of Joe Mauer (a rookie) to Frank Thomas (a hall of famer). Was that supposed to be in teal?
hey, this thread hasn't died yet. That's a shame.

I don't think anyone would say that the injuries are comparible, but it's the composition of the Twins not to rely on any one singular player. That's how they were built, that's how they win, and that's how they lose. The 25 of them (or 24 and Terry Mullholland) sit around and sing "all for one and one for all"!

I've seen it said here many times, they are like cochroaches, they never go away. You cannot kill them. I actually like that comparison. That being said, if they lose Santana/Radke the Twins would be toast!

:gulp: But don't worry, Joe Mays is almost recovered from Tommy John surgury! Late season pickup! A guy that can't strike out anyone and relies on outwitting the opposition. And he's a couple of bottles short of a sixpack.

:) ugh. Can Justin Jones pitch?

SoxxoS
08-09-2004, 09:03 PM
Mauer has a 940 OPS and is an excellent defensive catcher - 39% CS and 3.30 CERA.
Nothing like a big sample size.

SomebodyToldMe
08-09-2004, 09:25 PM
so if these announcers hadn't said anything, you weren't really hoping the sox would still win it.

fascinating.
oh i hope they do...but i believe they won't.

come on, watch with your head out your anal cavity...do you see the way things are going here?

it's embarrassing.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/deputy_of_reno/anon.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/deputy_of_reno/5d6090f2.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/deputy_of_reno/4edcd13f.jpg

Gimm
08-09-2004, 10:02 PM
Nothing like a big sample size.
No, nothing like a 21yo with a HOF'ers talent.

SoxxoS
08-09-2004, 10:17 PM
No, nothing like a 21yo with a HOF'ers talent.
Talent means nothing until it's proven. Joe Borchard has all the talent in the world.

Gimm
08-09-2004, 10:23 PM
Talent means nothing until it's proven. .Watch some games. Watch some stats. Mauer is an excellent player NOW, at 21. Offensively and defensively.

Joe Borchard has all the talent in the worldBiggest lie ever told.

He has a slow swing and mediocre pitch-recognition. A head-case.

Daver
08-09-2004, 10:27 PM
He has a slow swing and mediocre pitch-recognition. A head-case.
Do you actually watch anything aside from MLB?

Or are you another one that reads the box score and draws conclusions?

SoxxoS
08-09-2004, 10:29 PM
Watch some games. Watch some stats. Mauer is an excellent player NOW, at 21. Offensively and defensively.

Biggest lie ever told.

He has a slow swing and mediocre pitch-recognition. A head-case.Mauer is an all-world talent, but you compared losing Mauer to losing Frank Thomas. That is nuts. Joe Mauer has had a grand total of 107 at bats this year.

I am not going to get into an argument about Borchard b/c I am not a fan, and you can insert whatever high talent bust you want in there.

Gimm
08-09-2004, 10:50 PM
Do you actually watch anything aside from MLB?

Or are you another one that reads the box score and draws conclusions?Do YOU?

Are YOU?

Because there are NO two Borchards. There is only one.

And that one Borchard happens to have a slow swing that can't catch up to a thigh-high 92 mph fastball. He is stiff mechanically, which means he can't re-distribute his balance and re-route his hands after being fooled by a pitch and still hit it hard most of the time. His pitch selection and recognition are mediocre judging by his reactions at the plate.

His range and arm in CF are ridiculously overrated -- those who favorably compare them to Rowand are hacks who should give up watching baseball because they are awful judges of talent. Finally, for someone with pretty good straight-line speed, he is an awkward and inefficient baserunner.

Now....tell me that up is down, black is white and everything I've said above is far from truth. I know you will. :cheers: