PDA

View Full Version : My Day at Photo Day!!

bafiarocks03
08-08-2004, 08:21 PM
Ok well i got there at 10:45!! Got in...and took a picture with almost every player...except...Mark Buehrle....Sandy Alomar....and....Carlos Lee.....and of course no frank....no maggs...but Man Soo Lee was crazy..giving hugs to everyone...hes awesome...and i asked Willie Harris if i could have a hug...omg it was beautiful.....I can't wait to get my pictures back......i was shaking the whole time....oh and Aaron Rowand remembered us from Fridays game when we got his autograph....cuz we had tattoos on our face...on Friday he was like "oh you guys are all tatooed up...and today he was like...."you guys got tatoos again today..we had a awesome time..best promotion day ever!!.....Was anyone else there today??:D: :D: :D: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

DVsoxfan
08-08-2004, 08:24 PM
Ok well i got there at 10:45!! Got in...and took a picture with almost every player...except...Mark Buehrle....Sandy Alomar....and....Carlos Lee.....and of course no frank....no maggs...but Man Soo Lee was crazy..giving hugs to everyone...hes awesome...and i asked Willie Harris if i could have a hug...omg it was beautiful.....I can't wait to get my pictures back......i was shaking the whole time....oh and Aaron Rowand remembered us from Fridays game when we got his autograph....cuz we had tattoos on our face...on Friday he was like "oh you guys are all tatooed up...and today he was like...."you guys got tatoos again today..we had a awesome time..best promotion day ever!!.....Was anyone else there today??:D: :D: :D: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:
I was there. Wanted to kill Damaso. Contreras was lights out. Valentin still sucks, Everett tanked a fly ball, Borchard choked. But we pulled it out. 6 games back and climbing.

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-08-2004, 08:24 PM
John Adkids called my cousin while we were at a family party yesterday!:D:

My Uncle said "Whats he doing calling Anne in the Bullpen! He should be warming up for god's sakes"

DVsoxfan
08-08-2004, 08:31 PM
John Adkids called my cousin while we were at a family party yesterday!:D:

My Uncle said "Whats he doing calling Anne in the Bullpen! He should be warming up for god's sakes"
How do you know Jon Adkins?

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-08-2004, 08:32 PM
How do you know Jon Adkins?
MY COUSIN (she) knows jon adkins.

DVsoxfan
08-08-2004, 08:33 PM
MY COUSIN (she) knows jon adkins.
How does she know Jon Adkins?

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-08-2004, 08:34 PM
How does she know Jon Adkins?
I dont really know..Somehow she met them in the bullpen or something. Gotta ask her sometime.

chisoxfanforever
08-08-2004, 08:42 PM
Sounds like fun. I didnt get to go today. Could you post your pictures on the website when you get them? thanks

bafiarocks03
08-08-2004, 08:53 PM
Sounds like fun. I didnt get to go today. Could you post your pictures on the website when you get them? thanks

i will try to figure out how to do that!!!

LongLiveFisk
08-08-2004, 09:04 PM
Was anyone else there today??:D: :D: :D: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:
Yep, I was there and got some good pics too. Carl Everett was cool as hell, joking and laughing with everyone. I happened to be wearing the 2003 All-Star game shirt of Everett's with the number 27 on it and when he came over I said, "Hey Carl, I'm wearing your shirt! How about a picture?" And he sort of pulled on my shirt to read the back of it and said, "Man, I felt like a catcher wearing that number!" It was pretty funny. :D:

Magglios_Girl
08-08-2004, 09:38 PM
This is my first time posting but Ive been here for a while.

Well my day was great. I took pictures with almost all the guys except Garland, Lee, and a few other guys. I had my Dominican flag with me and Rafael Santana started talking to me for a while until Burke came and told us "Ya know Im half Dominican, right?":tongue: it was pretty funny. A lot of the people next to me probably thought I was lying about being Dominican because Im very light skinned, but they didnt say anything when they heard me talk Spanish to all the players:rolleyes: .Then I took a picture with Damaso Marte and we talked for a while and then he came back later on and said he would get me free tickets :D: . Then Uribe came and we talked for a while too and he came back a few minutes later to talk to me again and offered me tickets too:smile: . Ben Davis, Mark Buehrle, Cliff Politte, and Neil Cotts where really nice (well all of them where). And I dont know if anyone here watched an episode of "Full Access" but Sandy Alomar was asked what his brothers nickname was and he said "Quiñapo" which means when someone flicks you on the ear. So when Sandy came up to me I told him "Quiñapo!" and missed his ear by an inch. Then he was asking me "Who told you about that? You still remember that?" and I asked him if Robbie would remember and he said yeah. Then Robbie came and I did the same and he said "Thats what they called me when I was a kid! Did my brother tell u that? Then the last picture I took was with Ozzie and I was already leaving and he called me back and told me in spanish "Be good!" and I told him "Your the bad one, Ozzie. I see you on TV" and he started laughing.

Heres a list of the players I took a pic w/:
Buehrle, Shoeneweis, Garcia, Perez, Marte (I got his autograph later on in the game), Politte, Mr. Zero!, Jackson, Sandy and Roberto Alomar, Burke, Konerko, Harris, Valentin, Crede, Uribe, Gload, Rowand. Santana, Cora, Baines, Kusnyer, Guillen, and Southpaw :tongue:

I cant wait to get the pictures tommorow!

Magglios_Girl
08-08-2004, 09:39 PM
Carl Everett was cool as hell, joking and laughing with everyone.
What? I didnt see him! Was he towards the end of the line?

LongLiveFisk
08-08-2004, 09:41 PM
What? I didnt see him! Was he towards the end of the line?
He was towards the end, I think only Freddy Garcia and Ozzie were after him.

manuelsucks
08-08-2004, 09:44 PM
Buehrle, Shoeneweis, Garcia, Perez, Marte (I got his autograph later on in the game), Politte, Mr. Zero!, Jackson, Sandy and Roberto Alomar, Burke, Konerko, Harris, Valentin, Crede, Uribe, Gload, Rowand. Santana, Cora, Baines, Kusnyer, Guillen, and Southpaw :tongue:
First off, welcome aboard!

Second, wow, that's a lot of people. That sounds like a lot of fun. I really wish that I could have went to see all the guys and talk to them. Ahhh I guess there's always next year :(:

Magglios_Girl
08-08-2004, 09:44 PM
He was towards the end, I think only Freddy Garcia and Ozzie were after him.
Yeah I saw someone in front of Freddy and Ozzie. Freddy was about to leave but I called him and he came. Then I told him "Hey Freddy, I think youre gonna like it here" and he just smiled. :tongue:

HomeFish
08-08-2004, 09:47 PM
I was scared off by the rain at the first one, so they wouldn't have let me in. I'm rather jealous of all of you.

I'll be in St. Louis for their photo day, but it just won't be the same.

Magglios_Girl
08-08-2004, 09:49 PM

Second, wow, that's a lot of people. That sounds like a lot of fun. I really wish that I could have went to see all the guys and talk to them. Ahhh I guess there's always next year :(:
Thanks!
Yeah it was a lot of fun! The girls next to me didnt take a lot of pictures. They just waited for Garland and PK. But I was there since 10 so I didnt want to feel like I wasted my time just to get 2 pictures. Anyway, its the SOX! I took all the pictures I could!

Magglios_Girl
08-08-2004, 09:57 PM
I'll be in St. Louis for their photo day, but it just won't be the same.
I wish I could take a picture with Albert Pujols:(: . Hes such a great player. One of my favorites....after all my Sox players!

JGarlandrules20
08-08-2004, 10:41 PM
Yep, I was there and got some good pics too. Carl Everett was cool as hell, joking and laughing with everyone. I happened to be wearing the 2003 All-Star game shirt of Everett's with the number 27 on it and when he came over I said, "Hey Carl, I'm wearing your shirt! How about a picture?" And he sort of pulled on my shirt to read the back of it and said, "Man, I felt like a catcher wearing that number!" It was pretty funny. :D:Carl was sooo cool. He was talking with this little girl next to me..it was really cute. And then there was this kid and his younger brother and he was like "Is this your younger brother? Be nice to him.." or something like that. It was funny.

Photo day was really cool. I got a picture with everyone except Carlos Lee and Marte. Was Lee even in the line? Did anyone see him? Marte skipped us up. I was sad..lol not really.

I already got the pics developed. Some didnt turn out that well(jon adkins head was cut out of one...:(: ). And I look super bad in them. Oh, well.

And no one was asking for Polittes picture around my area...so I was like "Cliff!!!" and he was like "...Yea"... It was so cute.:D:

Magglios_Girl
08-08-2004, 10:47 PM
I think Lee wasnt there because of what happened to him yesterday (thats why he was the DH today). A few people who were next to me wanted Cliffs picture though. I wish I could of at least talked to Carl. I hope no ones head is chopped off in my pics:o: :wink: .

JGarlandrules20
08-08-2004, 10:55 PM
I think Lee wasnt there because of what happened to him yesterday (thats why he was the DH today). A few people who were next to me wanted Cliffs picture though. I wish I could of at least talked to Carl. I hope no ones head is chopped off in my pics:o: :wink: .
I was so mad. Jon Adkins whole head was cut off. Part of Jon Garlands hat, part of paulies hat, and timo was cut off a little too.

Oh and Jon Garland burped in front of me. Lol..or atleast I think he did.

Magglios_Girl
08-08-2004, 10:58 PM
Oh and Jon Garland burped in front of me. Lol..or atleast I think he did.
LOL! My sister took a picture with him and he looked so tall next to her!

konerkopeachy
08-08-2004, 11:19 PM
LOL! My sister took a picture with him and he looked so tall next to her!
Jon Garland looks tall next to anyone! lol

My golden moment was when I made Cotts laugh by putting my head on his shoulder.

Or perhaps he was frightened.

Anyway. :redface:

TimoPerez
08-08-2004, 11:34 PM
You guys met Timo! Awesome!!!!!

If you guys want to put your pictures on the site, that would be great. I'm sure I am not the only one who would be interested in looking at them.

Magglios_Girl
08-08-2004, 11:43 PM

If you guys want to put your pictures on the site, that would be great. I'm sure I am not the only one who would be interested in looking at them.
Yeah, Timo was so nice. He was talking to my sister and me for a while.

TimoPerez
08-09-2004, 12:03 AM
Yeah, Timo was so nice. He was talking to my sister and me for a while.From what I hear, Timo is extremely funny. Did you find that to be the case? Were you talking to Timo in English or Spanish? I still haven't been able to find out if Timo speaks English fluently. I have found conflicting reports about how much English he speaks. Oh, and the reason that Timo didn't offer you tickets is because he is married.:tongue: Sorry. I couldn't resist. I'm glad that it sounds like you had a good time. Thanks in advance for any answers to my questions.

Magglios_Girl
08-09-2004, 12:15 AM
LOL, I know hes married! He was funny but not the type of funny that made me want to cry:D: lol (at least not in those 2 minutes I talked to him). More like, funny because thats just the way he is naturally. I think he does talk fluent english. Ive seen him with Willie a few times and I dont think Harris knows any spanish at all:tongue: . I hope this helps!

mike squires
08-09-2004, 12:22 AM
Timo also is fluent in Japaneze and is able to communicate with Takatsu. Or so the ESPN analysts say...

TimoPerez
08-09-2004, 12:24 AM
LOL, I know hes married! He was funny but not the type of funny that made me want to cry:D: lol (at least not in those 2 minutes I talked to him). More like, funny because thats just the way he is naturally. I think he does talk fluent english. Ive seen him with Willie a few times and I dont think Harris knows any spanish at all:tongue: . I hope this helps!That helped very much. Thank you. I have spoken to someone who knows him and he said that Timo is very funny. I also read reports that after the October 12, 2000 National League Championship Series game, Timo was interviewed in Spanish, English, and Japanese, and was making a lot of jokes in all three languages that made the reporters laugh.(Have you ever seen Timo talking to Shingo? I sure he has!:D: )

TimoPerez
08-09-2004, 12:24 AM
Timo also is fluent in Japaneze and is able to communicate with Takatsu. Or so the ESPN analysts say...
You beat me to it. Look at my post directly underneath your post.

doublem23
08-09-2004, 01:36 AM
i will try to figure out how to do that!!!
1. Go to the WSI Image Gallery (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/4images/index.php).
2. Click on the appropriate category they fall under. For Photo Day pics, I'd think either Current Players (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/4images/categories.php?cat_id=7)or WSI Members (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/4images/categories.php?cat_id=6).
3. Click on the "Upload" button on the top right of the page
4. Upload the file and fill in whatever info you want to
5. Rinse and repeat.

Hope that helps. :)

Magglios_Girl
08-09-2004, 11:16 AM
Timo was interviewed in Spanish, English, and Japanese, and was making a lot of jokes in all three languages that made the reporters laugh
Wow. I never knew Timo was trilingual. I wish I would of known that before. I would of asked him if he talks to Shingo in Japanese. It would have been pretty funny to see him talk in Japanese. Oh well, theres always next year:tongue: !

bafiarocks03
08-09-2004, 12:08 PM
This is my first time posting but Ive been here for a while.

Well my day was great. I took pictures with almost all the guys except Garland, Lee, and a few other guys. I had my Dominican flag with me and Rafael Santana started talking to me for a while until Burke came and told us "Ya know Im half Dominican, right?":tongue: it was pretty funny. A lot of the people next to me probably thought I was lying about being Dominican because Im very light skinned, but they didnt say anything when they heard me talk Spanish to all the players:rolleyes: .Then I took a picture with Damaso Marte and we talked for a while and then he came back later on and said he would get me free tickets :D: . Then Uribe came and we talked for a while too and he came back a few minutes later to talk to me again and offered me tickets too:smile: . Ben Davis, Mark Buehrle, Cliff Politte, and Neil Cotts where really nice (well all of them where). And I dont know if anyone here watched an episode of "Full Access" but Sandy Alomar was asked what his brothers nickname was and he said "Quiñapo" which means when someone flicks you on the ear. So when Sandy came up to me I told him "Quiñapo!" and missed his ear by an inch. Then he was asking me "Who told you about that? You still remember that?" and I asked him if Robbie would remember and he said yeah. Then Robbie came and I did the same and he said "Thats what they called me when I was a kid! Did my brother tell u that? Then the last picture I took was with Ozzie and I was already leaving and he called me back and told me in spanish "Be good!" and I told him "Your the bad one, Ozzie. I see you on TV" and he started laughing.

I cant wait to get the pictures tommorow!

THEY OFFERED YOU TICKETS....Holy Crap...why can't i be from there....oh god!! ya im always on Full Access....he usually reads my emails every week...Sara.....yup.....Im so sad that its going off the air.....thats soo cool tho about Sandy and Robbie....thats awesome!!!

bafiarocks03
08-09-2004, 12:11 PM
Jon Garland looks tall next to anyone! lol

My golden moment was when I made Cotts laugh by putting my head on his shoulder.

Or perhaps he was frightened.

Anyway. :redface:
So did Freddy....and my friend swore in front of Jon Garland...she was like holy **** your tall!!!

bafiarocks03
08-09-2004, 12:13 PM
I told Timo I loved him!!!

TimoPerez
08-09-2004, 12:40 PM
Wow. I never knew Timo was trilingual. I wish I would of known that before. I would of asked him if he talks to Shingo in Japanese. It would have been pretty funny to see him talk in Japanese. Oh well, theres always next year:tongue: !
Haha. Timo played in Japan from 1996-1999. I remember when he played for the Mets he used to talk to Tsuyoshi Shinjo a lot in Japanese.

TimoPerez
08-09-2004, 12:41 PM
I told Timo I loved him!!!
That is awesome. What did he say? Now that I think about it, I probably would have said the same thing. And I'm male!

bafiarocks03
08-09-2004, 12:44 PM
That is awesome. What did he say? Now that I think about it, I probably would have said the same thing. And I'm male!

yes it is awesome..i told Juan the same thing...lol....i really couldn't tell ya what he said back.....iwas like dying!!!....:D:

TimoPerez
08-09-2004, 01:07 PM
yes it is awesome..i told Juan the same thing...lol....i really couldn't tell ya what he said back.....iwas like dying!!!....:D:
Haha. That sounds like a lot of fun.

JGarlandrules20
08-09-2004, 02:27 PM
So did Freddy....and my friend swore in front of Jon Garland...she was like holy **** your tall!!!lol!.. Jon's tallness didnt suprise me. I dont know why.

Ben Davis was tall....I didn't think he was that huge. And for the record.. I so knew he was going to be the one to get the winning hit.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v46/sully588/ben31.jpgBen Davis!(just ignore me...on the right...blah.)

Magglios_Girl
08-09-2004, 02:28 PM
THEY OFFERED YOU TICKETS....Holy Crap...why can't i be from there....oh god!! ya im always on Full Access....he usually reads my emails every week...Sara.....yup.....Im so sad that its going off the air.....thats soo cool tho about Sandy and Robbie....thats awesome!!!
Yeah Uribe and Marte were really nice. I found it funny how both of them came back after they left to come and talk to my sister and me. Sandy was funny too. He was talking to me while he was about 4-5 people away. Lol.

Did you get your pictures?

Magglios_Girl
08-09-2004, 02:32 PM
I loved Ben. He made sure he didnt skip anyone. He took pictures with everyone that was by me. :D:

...and Im still waiting for my pics...:(:

Magglios_Girl
08-09-2004, 02:36 PM
Lol! So for how long have you been a Timo Perez fan? I told Ozzie I loved him and he laughed. :tongue:

:happybday to me! :D:

bafiarocks03
08-09-2004, 03:13 PM
Yeah Uribe and Marte were really nice. I found it funny how both of them came back after they left to come and talk to my sister and me. Sandy was funny too. He was talking to me while he was about 4-5 people away. Lol.

Did you get your pictures?
yes i did get them!!! they are awesome...and i was surprised they weren't blury cuz our hands were shaking the whole time....

Magglios_Girl
08-09-2004, 03:18 PM
...and i was surprised they weren't blury cuz our hands were shaking the whole time....Lol. Im scared that the pictures wont come out because last time I bought a Fuji Film camera none of the pictures came out and they said the camera was in the sun too much...and there was A LOT of sun yesterday. :(: ...I'll just have to wait and see...

bafiarocks03
08-09-2004, 03:19 PM
Lol. Im scared that the pictures wont come out because last time I bought a Fuji Film camera none of the pictures came out and they said the camera was in the sun too much...and there was A LOT of sun yesterday. :(: ...I'll just have to wait and see...

no they came out amazing!!!

Magglios_Girl
08-09-2004, 03:45 PM
no they came out amazing!!!I just got them! :D: Theyre so beautiful! Lol. But Marte and Sanatana faces got cut off :(: . Oh well. The rest look great! I love them!!!

bafiarocks03
08-09-2004, 03:49 PM
I just got them! :D: Theyre so beautiful! Lol. But Marte and Sanatana faces got cut off :(: . Oh well. The rest look great! I love them!!!

well thats good....

TimoPerez
08-09-2004, 03:50 PM
Lol! So for how long have you been a Timo Perez fan? I told Ozzie I loved him and he laughed. :tongue:

:happybday to me! :D:
Happy Birthday. I saw that on the calendar.

Timo has been my favorite player since September 1, 2000. He singled in his first at-bat. Ever since I saw him, he was my favorite player.

Magglios_Girl
08-09-2004, 03:52 PM
Happy Birthday. I saw that on the calendar.

Timo has been my favorite player since September 1, 2000. He singled in his first at-bat. Ever since I saw him, he was my favorite player.
Thanks!
You must of been so happy when he came to the Sox!

TimoPerez
08-09-2004, 03:57 PM
Actually, to be honest, Timo is the reason that I became a Sox fan. The Mets are still my favorite team, but the Sox are definitely number two. I really didn't know too much about the Sox when Timo was traded. I knew most of the players, but I had no idea who people like Ross Gload and Joe Borchard were. I have since made it my business to learn about the team. I still don't know nearly as much about the Minor League teams as I would like to, but I am doing my best to learn. With the Mets, I know everything that is going on, Major Leagues and Minor Leagues.

Magglios_Girl
08-09-2004, 04:00 PM
Do you live here in Chicago?
I like the Mets better than the Yankees. :angry: I cant stand the Yankees!

TimoPerez
08-09-2004, 04:02 PM
No. I live in New York, which makes it difficult to follow the White Sox. I, too, do not like the Yankees at all.

Magglios_Girl
08-09-2004, 04:14 PM
You better not like the cubs! Hehehe! I hate the Cubs just as much as the Yankees :angry: .

TimoPerez
08-09-2004, 04:16 PM
I like the Sox. I don't think I'm allowed to like the Cubs.:D:

Magglios_Girl
08-09-2004, 04:27 PM
Lol, you sure aren't!

Blob
08-09-2004, 05:06 PM
It was a good time yesterday. It sure beat standing in the rain for 3 hours again! Pics came out good from what I saw on Zach23's camera. We will have to post them.

TimoPerez
08-09-2004, 07:14 PM
Lol, you sure aren't!
I guess I'm catching on pretty quickly to the concept of the White Sox.

Magglios_Girl
08-10-2004, 05:20 PM
Timo was interviewed in Spanish, English, and Japanesehttp://images.usatoday.com/sports/photos/09timo.jpg

"Hi my name is Timo Perez"

"Hola mi nombre es Timo Perez"

"Gashi Waga Shougou Timo Perez"

TimoPerez
08-10-2004, 11:05 PM
Haha.:)

Frankfan4life
08-11-2004, 12:17 AM

Second, wow, that's a lot of people. That sounds like a lot of fun. I really wish that I could have went to see all the guys and talk to them. Ahhh I guess there's always next year :(:Thanks for the linky. It's really cool. Here's my license plate:

http://www.acme.com/licensemaker/licenses/license_20040810221429_84623.jpg