PDA

View Full Version : Ben Davis Fan Club

BigHurt9394
08-08-2004, 04:59 PM
Ben Davis has been absolutely killing the ball lately...we need to lock him up for the future. I sense greatness.

doublem23
08-08-2004, 05:00 PM
LOL... Count me in. This is good... I think at worst, we may have broke even with the M's in terms of behind the plate in the Garcia deal.

Miguel who? :tongue:

Dan Gelo
08-08-2004, 05:01 PM
he just said that his swing was screwed up in Seattle. Hopefully he keeps it up.:D:

MRKARNO
08-08-2004, 05:05 PM
Some people here have been clamoring for Jason Kendall, but Davis has been hitting just as well as Kendall has since coming here. Maybe the best catcher in the Garcia deal will turn out to be Davis and not Olivo. There's no question that Olivo is the better athelete, but his overagressiveness makes him less consistant. Davis looks really good at the plate right now and hopefully he can keep it up, but as was the case with Uribe, only time will tell.

Aidan
08-08-2004, 05:23 PM
Some people here were talking about KW possible catching "lightning in a bottle". I was doubtful at first but now I believe! Ben Davis is looking better and better with more playing time. He works the count and makes solid contact and he switch-hits! He has flashes of power but his contact is great. The guy loves playing for the Sox as well. I want a Ben Davis jersey!

BigHurt9394
08-08-2004, 05:51 PM
Yeah, I had previously heard that Ben Davis was playing extremely well before he went to Seattle. It seems as if something in Seattle was screwing him up because he is playing off is butt the last two weeks.:dtroll:

AOEllis
08-08-2004, 06:38 PM
I want a Ben Davis jersey!

Make sure it will be the correct #. Dont know if he is gonna stick w/ 31

batmanZoSo
08-08-2004, 06:41 PM
Some people here were talking about KW possible catching "lightning in a bottle". I was doubtful at first but now I believe! Ben Davis is looking better and better with more playing time. He works the count and makes solid contact and he switch-hits! He has flashes of power but his contact is great. The guy loves (http://www.adsrve.com/linkredirect.php?h=10,28180399,whitesoxinteractive .com,1) playing for the Sox as well. I want a Ben Davis jersey!
If Davis becomes good that would be big for us. Any competent left-handed bat helps. With that said, I still think he sucks and will be a disappointment or a backup.

Dan H
08-08-2004, 07:47 PM
I don't know how good this guy will be, but that was a great at-bat. He had to have seen 10 pitches, and then he finally got one he wanted. Maybe other players should watch. The Sox scored the winning run with two singles. Home runs aren't everything. How about taking what the pitcher gives you?

BigHurt9394
08-08-2004, 07:52 PM
True That

MRKARNO
08-08-2004, 07:55 PM
Count me in on the FOBD

AddisonStSox
08-08-2004, 08:22 PM
I think Big Ben could be another one of those players that makes KW look mighty fine. If all it takes is a bottle of whiskey and shaggy hair to get this guy hot, I'm all for the Sox becoming chronic alcoholics.

SoxxoS
08-08-2004, 08:31 PM
We should have gave Uribe a long term deal after April and May, too.

DVsoxfan
08-08-2004, 08:37 PM
How about we make some "I'm a fan of Ben Davis" t-shirts?

Palehose13
08-08-2004, 10:32 PM
I think I may become a FOBD. However, to stay on the Sox he has to grow some facial hair...only Frank and Maggs are exempt. :D:

Dub25
08-08-2004, 10:47 PM
Is there still time to join the bandwagon. WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO Ben Davis leading the Sox back in the race.

South Side
08-08-2004, 11:59 PM
I think I may become a FOBD. However, to stay on the Sox he has to grow some facial hair...only Frank and Maggs are exempt. :D:
Actually, if you ever noticed, Magglio always has the slightest trace of a mustache... it's very unfortunate and not at all becoming... :shudder:

Fungo
08-09-2004, 09:05 AM
Out of curiosity, I check to see what BA had to say about him back after he was the number 2 overall selection...

Ben Davis, C
Drafted: HS--Malvern, Pa., 1995 (1st round) Signed by: Rene Mons

Background: Davis has been burdened by high expectations since being drafted second overall in 1995. He reached San Diego ahead of schedule, catching two innings of a late September game last year. The callup was a reward for a strong season that saw Davis named the Southern League's No. 3 prospect. Davis' older brother, Glenn, was the Dodgers' 1997 first-round pick and is ranked No. 7 on their Top 10.

Strengths: Davis has Gold Glove quality defensive skills. He led the minor leagues by gunning down 57 percent of would-be baserunners (47 of 83). Offensively, Davis has succeeded in shortening and quickening his swing, dramatically increasing his ability to make contact and drive the ball to all fields from both sides of the plate. Weaknesses: Davis' hands are so smooth he sometimes relies on them instead of shifting his body to block pitches. He will need to continue to get stronger to fulfill his power potential.

He's obviously got potential & it would be nice to sse the kid come into his own as a White Sox.