PDA

View Full Version : Borchard and Davis over .200!!!!!

bigdommer
08-07-2004, 07:29 PM
In the chat room the other day, there was a big debate about who would be over .200 first, Ben Davis or Joe Borchard.

Well, at about 7:23 Central time, Ben singled to go to .208, while Joe singled the inning before to go to .208.

Congrats to both!

Gimm
08-07-2004, 07:50 PM
In the chat room the other day, there was a big debate about who would be over .200 first, Ben Davis or Joe Borchard.

Well, at about 7:23 Central time, Ben singled to go to .208, while Joe singled the inning before to go to .208.

Most importanly, Davis is hitting .310 as a member of the White Sox.

Burke is hitting .356 for us as well.

As long as these two continue to put modest, mechannically-sound swings on the ball, our catching "problem" will remain waay overblown.

jabrch
08-07-2004, 07:55 PM

As long as these two continue to put modest, mechannically-sound swings on the ball, our catching "problem" will remain waay overblown.
Good point Gimm. Althought I too miss Miguel Olivo, his performance on the field does not seem to be missed much.

Aidan
08-07-2004, 07:55 PM

As long as these two continue to put modest, mechannically-sound swings on the ball, our catching "problem" will remain waay overblown.Don't forget that Olivo is currently hitting .213 for the Mariners and .252 on the season.

Iguana775
08-08-2004, 12:24 AM
Don't forget that Olivo is currently hitting .213 for the Mariners and .252 on the season.
But Miggy is headed to the Hall of Fame!!!

Aidan
08-08-2004, 12:36 AM
But Miggy is headed to the Hall of Fame!!!Of course! All with only a season-full of at bats (542).

hose
08-08-2004, 09:59 AM
At this point in the season I would just as soon Borchard keeps playing and getting ab's, same thing with Davis.

Going into spring training the Sox will know how both of these players will fit into the 2005.

Swing away Joe you can't hurt this teams chances.

misty60481
08-08-2004, 10:06 AM
I like Davis I think with regular playing his hitting will be as good as Olivos also I like his leadership I heard he is good influence I know his defense didnt look all that good last nite but I think Garcia was part of that

Iguana775
08-08-2004, 10:10 AM
At this point in the season I would just as soon Borchard keeps playing and getting ab's, same thing with Davis.

Going into spring training the Sox will know how both of these players will fit into the 2005.

Swing away Joe you can't hurt this teams chances.
yes, i agree....let Crede, and LTP play and see what they can do.. also, make Valetin a utility guy with Uribe at SS full time.

no point in trying to win this thing now....

MUsoxfan
08-09-2004, 03:16 AM
Borchard is a clown and why they seem to find him "untouchable" I'll never understand. Ben Davis is a solid player that has been given few solid opportunities. He really is our catcher of the future and I love the way he plays the game. There is no room for Borchard in our lineup and I feel Davis must play 5 days a week. He'll be an All-Star sooner than later.

JRIG
08-09-2004, 05:46 AM
Borchard is a clown and why they seem to find him "untouchable" I'll never understand. Ben Davis is a solid player that has been given few solid opportunities. He really is our catcher of the future and I love the way he plays the game. There is no room for Borchard in our lineup and I feel Davis must play 5 days a week. He'll be an All-Star sooner than later.
Do you mean a AAA All-Star? Please. 45 at-bats with a new team does not erase 6 years of barely hanging on in the big leagues. You may as well label Jamie Burke a future All-Star. If he were 10 of 45 instead of 14 for 45 you'd be calling him a total bust. So...4 hits means he's an All-Star next year.