PDA

View Full Version : Hire Mike Ditka as manager

misty60481
08-07-2004, 04:20 PM
It would be fun watching Iron Mike throw his gum at home plate umpire then breaking his hand punching a locker I bet he would stir up some of the lifeless players, probably would last about 3 games before he got suspended at least he would go down swinging

DVsoxfan
08-07-2004, 04:25 PM
It would be fun watching Iron Mike throw his gum at home plate umpire then breaking his hand punching a locker I bet he would stir up some of the lifeless players, probably would last about 3 games before he got suspended at least he would go down swinging
Cool, instead of manager he could be the baserunning coach (stay with me here). Ditka could teach our guys how to take out the defender when trying to turn a double play, how to tackle the catcher on plays at the plate, and heck just run people over and play with intesity. Maybe he'll have guys fly out of the dugout to block the first basemen from covering the bag on a grounder to allow an infield single. :cool:

RKMeibalane
08-07-2004, 04:30 PM
Forget about finding a new manager. The Sox need new players. I'm sick of seeing these mental midgets out there every day.

:walnuts :caballo :crede :manos :weewillie

"Why are you looking at us?"

Bisco Stu
08-07-2004, 07:55 PM
If you wanted the Sox to actually WIN, you'd have to have Buddy Ryan as bench coach.

Bisco Stu
08-07-2004, 07:56 PM
He's Ricky Williams' favorite player.

misty60481
08-07-2004, 08:35 PM
How about Fridge as pinch runner coming in from 3rd on suicide squeeze the way he hit the line when they put him in backfield against Green Bay

whtsx1959
08-07-2004, 09:31 PM
ditka is tied up

Ditka(independent) for senate '04

chisoxfan79
08-07-2004, 10:09 PM
How about Fridge as pinch runner coming in from 3rd on suicide squeeze the way he hit the line when they put him in backfield against Green Bay
Could you imagine the Fridge running over Jamie Burke like Tori Hunter did?:o:

Realist
08-08-2004, 10:03 AM
Screw Mike Ditka. I completely lost all respect for that a-hole when he gave the ball to Perry instead of Sweetness in the Super Bowl. Walter Payton WAS Chicago sports for years and years and I still think he's the most underrated player to ever strap on the pads. I can't believe that I've actually seen special segments about who's the greatest running back of all time and his name hasn't even been mentioned. Walter was the Bobby Orr of football. He could do anything and was pure heart.

Not only that, Ditka has gone on record several occasions saying that he's a Cubs fan. To hell with him.

A few years ago, I was at my mom's house and my brother and I were both standing in the family room looking at the TV when a thingy about Walter came on. Being the macho type dude that I like to think I am, I struggled to fight back the tears as the tape of a smiling and happy and alive Walter Payton graced our mom's television set. I thought I was gonna completely lose it as I stood there fighting my visceral reaction to just go to pieces. At that same time my brother said, "Oh God. I can't even see images of Payton on TV without crying." Crap. I'm crying while typing this. I repeat. Screw Mike Ditka. He's nothing to me.

Memory eternal, Sweetness.

$100 says that if the Cardinals were still around when I was growing up, I'd be a Cardinals fan now. There's something about the Bears that kinda reeks of Cubs.