PDA

View Full Version : *Official* I'm Gonna' Puke Thread - Cubs vs. Giants

RKMeibalane
08-07-2004, 04:45 PM
Is anyone else watching Sir Gregory's pursuit of three hundred? All of this Maddux ass-licking is going to make me sick.

copyhead
08-07-2004, 04:59 PM
well he IS one of the greatest pitchers to ever set foot on a baseball field...

RKMeibalane
08-07-2004, 05:26 PM
well he IS one of the greatest pitchers to ever set foot on a baseball field...
I don't need to hear it every five seconds, though.

copyhead
08-07-2004, 05:28 PM
it'll be over as soon as he notches #300 though

you best hope those damn flubs win tonight :D:

Dub25
08-07-2004, 05:52 PM
Should be 4-4 right now but Barry made a White Sox baserunning mistake back in the third.

Viva Magglio
08-07-2004, 06:28 PM
I don't want Maddux to get his 300th victory because that would mean a Cub victory. I want the Cubs to have a 100% loss rate.

HomeFish
08-07-2004, 06:35 PM
I love how they ignore the fact that most of his wins did NOT come with the Cubs.

misty60481
08-07-2004, 06:36 PM
If he gets No. 300 only 211 more and he catches Cy Young

DMarte708
08-07-2004, 06:42 PM
If he gets No. 300 only 211 more and he catches Cy Young
Let the Chicago Tribune 'Maddux watch' begin.

RKMeibalane
08-07-2004, 07:24 PM
Did anyone just see the sign a fan was holding? Apparently, some stupid Cubs fan thinks that the World Series ends on October 2. Wow. Just wow.

Jjav829
08-07-2004, 07:26 PM
Did anyone just see the sign a fan was holding? Apparently, some stupid Cubs fan thinks that the World Series ends on October 2. Wow. Just wow.What did the sign say?

Congrats to Maddux on getting win #300. He's certainly one of the great pitchers of all time. It's a shame he got it in a Cubs uniform, but that doesn't take away from the accomplishment itself.

RKMeibalane
08-07-2004, 07:27 PM
What did the sign say?
It said...

Today: 300

October 2: Ring

MRKARNO
08-07-2004, 07:36 PM
What did the sign say?

Congrats to Maddux on getting win #300. He's certainly one of the great pitchers of all time. It's a shame he got it in a Cubs uniform, but that doesn't take away from the accomplishment itself.
I second that. Besides, he did his best work in an Atlanta Braves uniform anyways. You can't deny how great of an accomplishment it is to get 300 wins, I just wish the team he got his 300th win against was the team he actually got it in as the rumors were saying.

34rancher
08-07-2004, 07:37 PM
It said...

October 2: Ring

I think it said

October: 2nd Ring

I just wonder how many wins Maddux would have if he had stayed in Chicago? I think it would be around 200 at this time. Any thoughts?

RKMeibalane
08-07-2004, 07:38 PM
I second that. Besides, he did his best work in an Atlanta Braves uniform anyways. You can't deny how great of an accomplishment it is to get 300 wins, I just wish the team he got his 300th win against was the team he actually got it in as the rumors were saying.
I agree. Another thing about this that bothers me is that most Cubs fans probably don't even understand what has happened. It's a shame that a great pitcher like Maddux is performing in front of a bunch of idiots who don't even understand baseball. I wish he'd stayed in Atlanta.

RKMeibalane
08-07-2004, 07:39 PM
I think it said

October: 2nd Ring
It's possible, but it really did look like the colon was in the wrong place. Here's a thought, though: do the Cubs fans realize that he won his only ring with the Braves?

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-08-2004, 12:24 AM
I dont care. Anything that happens to the cubs like that--i dont give a s***. even if it is "Mauddux's 300th Win" big f***ing whoop. Hes an old fart in a cubs uniform. Now granted hes got a good arm.

kcsportscaster
08-08-2004, 02:46 AM
I agree. Another thing about this that bothers me is that most Cubs fans probably don't even understand what has happened. It's a shame that a great pitcher like Maddux is performing in front of a bunch of idiots who don't even understand baseball. I wish he'd stayed in Atlanta.
Agreed, however, two words as to why Maddux is no longer in a Braves uniform:
TIME WARNER. The corporate idiots who were trying their damnest to ruin the Braves franchise, but thankfully have failed in doing so (merely five and a half games in front of the Phillies in the N-L East), ordered G-M John Schuerholz, a G-M who knows how to put together consistant winners unlike K-W (see thread that was moved to the Roadhouse from the Sox Clubhouse for some reason:angry:), to cut payroll and Maddux was among those along with Gary Sheffield, and Javy Lopez who the Braves chose not to re-sign. Who knows if Maddux would have gotten his 300th win a bit earlier in the season if he were still in a Braves uniform, and I wish he still had the opportunity to get that milestone with the tough red tomahawk on the front of the jersey instead of the blue baby bear on the left sleeve, but I do congratulate Greg Maddux nonetheless on his accomplishment.

StillMissOzzie
08-08-2004, 03:01 AM
Yes, I watched the sCrUB / Giants game. As much as I wanted the sCrUBS to lose, this was a part of baseball history and I wanted to see it. Didn't anybody see any of the other big milestones recently? Clemens getting his 300th, and going back a few years now, the 3,000th hits of Molitor or Dave Winfield? McGuire breaking the Maris record? Bonds breaking the McGuire record (although that last one may now need the steroids asterisk?

And furthermore, who knows if there will be another 300 game winner in my lifetime, if ever again? Glavine looks like he's running out of gas and may need 3 more years, Randy Johnson may retire before getting close, and with the $$$ they're getting, nobody else may have the career length to do it.

And the Giants choked mightily, blowing opportunity after opportunity until the sCrUBS blew it open. A wasted leadoff double was stranded at 3rd in the 6th, men left on 2nd and 3rd in the 7th, and bases juiced in the 8th. Altogether, the Giants had 10 men LOB.

The part I find amusing is how the sCrUB fans consider Maddux "theirs", when the real reason he got to #300 was being on so many great Braves teams for so many years. While he was in fact a part of those great teams, which I heard won the division EVERY YEAR he was there, along with 1 WS, I'll bet he had a lot more games for the Braves where he came out of the game tied or down by a run and the team came back for him to get the W than had he been with the pathetic sCrUBS for those same years.

Worse yet is that the sCrUBS are looking more and more like a playoff bound team while the Sox continue their death spiral.

SMO