PDA

View Full Version : Being a Bipolar Sox Fan

Hosey22
08-07-2004, 04:17 PM
Wow am i getting tired of this, it's like a damn disease. Yesterday before the game i tried to be as positive as possible, with plenty of hope that we can put things together, make a run and win 12 of our next 14 or 15, and then we lose yet another ballgame. After willie harris is thrown out at the plate i swear that i'm done, i give up, season's over, and there are no bright spots. Yet here I am today, going to try and watch the ballgame yet again, hoping yet again, and being an idiot yet again. It may be stupid to remain hopeful that come the playoffs we'll be there, but i just can't give up yet. I wish to hell i could. And believe me, somehow if the twins lose again tonight, and we win, i'll be gettin ready for a 10 game winning streak.
Come on you stupid White Sox!

CubKilla
08-07-2004, 04:54 PM
Wow am i getting tired of this, it's like a damn disease. Yesterday before the game i tried to be as positive as possible, with plenty of hope that we can put things together, make a run and win 12 of our next 14 or 15, and then we lose yet another ballgame. After willie harris is thrown out at the plate i swear that i'm done, i give up, season's over, and there are no bright spots. Yet here I am today, going to try and watch the ballgame yet again, hoping yet again, and being an idiot yet again. It may be stupid to remain hopeful that come the playoffs we'll be there, but i just can't give up yet. I wish to hell i could. And believe me, somehow if the twins lose again tonight, and we win, i'll be gettin ready for a 10 game winning streak.
Come on you stupid White Sox!
I admire your tenacity. I jumped off the White Sox version of the "Titanic" on June 19th when they were owned by the Expos. A "contender" that played that bad against a bottom feeder wasn't going to go far in the playoffs anyway IF they made it. That Montreal series was a microcosm of what was wrong with this team.

SomebodyToldMe
08-07-2004, 05:08 PM
I admire your tenacity. I jumped off the White Sox version of the "Titanic" on June 19th when they were owned by the Expos. A "contender" that played that bad against a bottom feeder wasn't going to go far in the playoffs anyway IF they made it. That Montreal series was a microcosm of what was wrong with this team.
i was more embarrassed by that expos series than i was about the cubs sweep.

Frankfan4life
08-07-2004, 08:03 PM
Come on you stupid White Sox!I think what you're feeling is typical of most sports fans. Until there is no more hope, something in the back of my mind won't let me give up on this team either. I also keep hoping that the next game will be the start of a season-redeeming winning streak but each time the Sox lose, I'm either angry, hurt or depressed (or all three). I try to remind myself that it's only a game and that there are more important things in life to worry about. But, I can't stop wishing, hoping and praying for the White Sox to come back and win this thing. It's just nuts!!

MRKARNO
08-07-2004, 08:24 PM
That Montreal series was a microcosm of what was wrong with this team.
I look at opening day being the microcosm of this team. Looking good for most of the way, but then a collapse down the stretch when your best player (Marte being the best reliever at the time) lets you down.

Lip Man 1
08-07-2004, 09:42 PM
Karno:

Here's what you do...expect nothing with this organization, expect the worst...then if things go well, if things work out, you can be estatic.

And if they follow the usual course then it's no big deal because you expected it.

Lip

TornLabrum
08-07-2004, 10:46 PM
Karno:

Here's what you do...expect nothing with this organization, expect the worst...then if things go well, if things work out, you can be estatic.

And if they follow the usual course then it's no big deal because you expected it.

Lip
Spoken like a longtime fan. But it still ticks me off to see most of the expansion teams making it to the World Series since the last time we were there, and one of the most recent expansion teams with two World Championships.

For all you youngsters listening in, it really does suck to be a Sox fan.

Lip Man 1
08-08-2004, 02:52 AM
Hal:

It really would be a kick to somehow be able to view WSI in 25 years to see how many of these good fans in their teens and 20's feel when they are in their 30's and 40's and STILL waiting.

Unfortunately as we know firsthand, they are probably going to find out the hard way.

Lip

BigEdWalsh
08-08-2004, 07:57 AM
on June 19th when they were owned by the Expos. A "contender" that played that bad against a bottom feeder wasn't going to go far in the playoffs anyway IF they made it. That Montreal series was a microcosm of what was wrong with this team.
That's exactly what I said at the time and there were lots of people and still a few even the last few days saying "oh there's still hope" and "wait until August".
Well I admire people's optimism but enough already. They aren't that good and I mean even WITH Frank and Maggs. Trust me, it hurts to think that way. But, sadly it's true. There's gotta be a lotta changes. Until then, :anon: ......
I'm still gonna watch or listen to games and even go to a few and there will remain just a little bit of hope that incredibly the Sox go on a roll. But how ANYONE can feel optimistic is beyond my comprehension.

MUsoxfan
08-09-2004, 04:12 AM
I declared the Sox dead the Tuesday of the Minnesota series after the Twins had scored the first run (and McFish can vouche for this). We have been in a terrible tailspin since about that time. As I look at the wildcard standings and division standing we're only 4 1/2 and 6 out respectively. While I had lost ALL hope in this team as of a few days ago, they show signs of hope. They are microscopic signs of hope. Even though all decent logic tells me I should give up hope, I can't just quite yet. We have an easy week (numbers wise) ahead of us with an on/off Boston Red Sox team. I think that the Sox can come out of this weekend's series 3.0 games out of first. I'll take that as a victory with us missing upwards of 220 RBI's in the middle of the lineup for the rest of the year. This team has the fight and the promise to win. While I was ready to give up last week, now it's a different story for me

Nellie_Fox
08-09-2004, 04:36 AM
Yet another year down the drain. However, I have never regretted being a Sox fan; not for a minute. It defines who I am.

Yeah, it is painful. I have no idea why we have this burden to bear. We have no cute "curse" like the Cubbies or the Red Sox to blame for our desolation. Nobody who is not a White Sox fan gives a damn about how we do. You never hear anybody on any national sports show talk about "long-suffering White Sox fans," like you do for the Cubs or Red Sox.

There is nothing trendy or rewarding about being a White Sox fan. However, I'll continue to watch those games that I can for the rest of the year, and I'll be aboard next year when spring training opens.

Mickster
08-09-2004, 10:02 AM
Yet another year down the drain. However, I have never regretted being a Sox fan; not for a minute. It defines who I am.

Yeah, it is painful. I have no idea why we have this burden to bear. We have no cute "curse" like the Cubbies or the Red Sox to blame for our desolation. Nobody who is not a White Sox fan gives a damn about how we do. You never hear anybody on any national sports show talk about "long-suffering White Sox fans," like you do for the Cubs or Red Sox.

There is nothing trendy or rewarding about being a White Sox fan. However, I'll continue to watch those games that I can for the rest of the year, and I'll be aboard next year when spring training opens.
:gulp: