PDA

View Full Version : More Robbie, Less Willie?

Aidan
08-07-2004, 02:52 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news.jsp?ymd=20040806&content_id=821045&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp
Guillen plans to use Alomar as his everyday second baseman, meaning less at-bats for both Willie Harris and Juan Uribe. Alomar not only provides important veteran leadership, but the ability to excel at the 'small ball' that has been missing during the White Sox's recent 2-9 skid.

"I talked to him and talked to Willie about his at-bats and how I'm going to play him," Guillen said. "If we make a trade for him for this run, he should be playing every day. Right now, he talked to me and said he was in good shape."With Uribe starting more at 3B with the possible benching of Crede and Robbie starting at 2B everyday, I guess Willie is the odd man out. Maybe Ozzie will put Willie in CF and move Rowand to RF? Borchard just isn't getting the job done.

owensmouth
08-07-2004, 02:55 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news.jsp?ymd=20040806&content_id=821045&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp
With Uribe starting more at 3B with the possible benching of Crede and Robbie starting at 2B everyday, I guess Willie is the odd man out. Maybe Ozzie will put Willie in CF and move Rowand to RF? Borchard just isn't getting the job done.
You think ol wait for a walk Willie is?

Aidan
08-07-2004, 02:57 PM
You think ol wait for a walk Willie is?Good point. But he's still doing better than Joe "I can't hit major league pitching" Borchard. We all know that Timo can't play everyday either -- he can only hit right-handed pitching but he's a great clutch bat off the bench.

JRIG
08-07-2004, 03:06 PM
Alomar not only provides important veteran leadership, but the ability to excel at the 'small ball' that has been missing during the White Sox's recent 2-9 skid.

I'm going to get real tired of hearing this real fast. How did that "veteran leadership" work out for the Sox down the strech last year? And for the Mets before that? And for the D-Backs this year?

Last night Alomar excelled at what he does best -- make outs. It happens one was made with a man on third. And another was a bunt with 2 outs. There's no way I can get excited about that.

gosox41
08-07-2004, 03:08 PM
With Uribe starting more at 3B with the possible benching of Crede and Robbie starting at 2B everyday, I guess Willie is the odd man out. Maybe Ozzie will put Willie in CF and move Rowand to RF? Borchard just isn't getting the job done.

That makes the most sense so you can pretty much bet that it won't happen.

Bob

bafiarocks03
08-07-2004, 09:39 PM
Willie better not sit on the bench everyday....i'll be soo mad......

Aidan
08-07-2004, 10:00 PM
Willie better not sit on the bench everyday....i'll be soo mad......When Willie learns to actually SWING THE BAT when perfect strikes pass the plate, maybe he will get back in the lineup.

bafiarocks03
08-07-2004, 10:06 PM
When Willie learns to actually SWING THE BAT when perfect strikes pass the plate, maybe he will get back in the lineup.

Ozzie is gonna put him in there tomorrow for me...cuz hes gonna know im there!