PDA

View Full Version : Toleration

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-07-2004, 12:16 PM
Right now..Im going into my sophmore year in HS. So im a preety young sox fan. Dont get me wrong..ive been to about thrity games. But Anyways...Ever since i entered into my freshman year..i had to tolerate the cubs fans. And right when we started our freshman year..thats when the cubs started doing really good. Everyone was saying to me "Where are you sox now?" Im sick and tired of that bull S***. And right now my nightmare form last year is coming back to haunt me again. Right when we start school, too. "Where are you sox now?" I hate having to tolerate that. Just thought i share my thoughts.

JB98
08-07-2004, 12:41 PM
Right now..Im going into my sophmore year in HS. So im a preety young sox fan. Dont get me wrong..ive been to about thrity games. But Anyways...Ever since i entered into my freshman year..i had to tolerate the cubs fans. And right when we started our freshman year..thats when the cubs started doing really good. Everyone was saying to me "Where are you sox now?" Im sick and tired of that bull S***. And right now my nightmare form last year is coming back to haunt me again. Right when we start school, too. "Where are you sox now?" I hate having to tolerate that. Just thought i share my thoughts.
Short of advocating violence, I don't know what to tell you. The worst is yet to come. Wait until October when the Cubs are winning in the playoffs and the Sox are on the sidelines again. We'll have to sit and take it, because the truth is the people who run the Sox organization don't have the same passion for winning that we as fans do.:angry: :angry: :angry:

illinibk
08-07-2004, 01:13 PM
Just ask them how many outs they were from the World Series before they choked.

RKMeibalane
08-07-2004, 02:20 PM
Just ask them how many outs they were from the World Series before they choked.
You're assuming that Cubs fans can count to five. I don't think they can.

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-07-2004, 02:22 PM

bigfoot
08-08-2004, 01:26 AM
I think they're OK with five. It's when Cub fans get past twelve, that they have to start using their toes.

chisoxfanforever
08-08-2004, 11:02 AM
Take pride in the fact that you are a Sox fan thru thick and thin. So many cub fans just got on the band wagon after last year, and way too many cub fans go to the game just because they like Wrigley..(God knows why, the place is a dump IMO). Remember, cub fans love wrigley, sox fans love baseball. I work with alot of cub fans and I know that the post season is going to be dreadful. Lets hope the Bears give us something to talk about this year. My mom, the sox fan bought a bottle of champaign last year because my dad and sister are cub fans. She thought she would do something nice for them. (mom's are like that, even tho i thought she was being a trader) Well, I think she should do it again. Since it worked out so well for the flubs last year. I havent decided which will be sweeter, the cubs not making it to the playoffs, or choking when they get there. GO San Fran and San Diego!

illinibk
08-08-2004, 11:55 AM
I havent decided which will be sweeter, the cubs not making it to the playoffs, or choking when they get there. GO San Fran and San Diego!
That is a hell of a question. If it is clear that the Cubs wouldn't make the playoffs, then people would give up and focus on the Bears. But when they are so close, and just piss it away, like they did last year, its real fun to watch that meltdown.

OEO Magglio
08-08-2004, 12:53 PM
Right now..Im going into my sophmore (http://www.adsrve.com/linkredirect.php?h=530,28012355,whitesoxinteractiv e.com,1) year in HS. So im a preety young sox fan. Dont get me wrong..ive been to about thrity games. But Anyways...Ever since i entered into my freshman year..i had to tolerate the cubs fans. And right when we started our freshman year..thats when the cubs started doing really good. Everyone was saying to me "Where are you sox now?" Im sick and tired of that bull S***. And right now my nightmare form last year is coming back to haunt me again. Right when we start school, too. "Where are you sox now?" I hate having to tolerate that. Just thought i share my thoughts.Yeah, my school is loaded with cub fans too. When they start giving me bs, I just start giving them questions about their "beloved" team and when they can't answer them, I just laugh and walk away. The worst last year is the bandwagoners that come out, almost every single person at my school wore cub gear, it was truley disgusting, I just wanted to puke.

hose
08-08-2004, 01:12 PM

If you can't have fun with it then move on, don't let them EVER see you get upset over anything they say.

Chrisaway
08-08-2004, 02:05 PM
Whenever I see a Cubs fan talking poop. I simply say "You're a Cubs fan?...........................I'm sorry.", and slowly walk away.

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-08-2004, 06:23 PM
Yeah, my school is loaded with cub fans too. When they start giving me bs, I just start giving them questions about their "beloved" team and when they can't answer them, I just laugh and walk away. The worst last year is the bandwagoners that come out, almost every single person at my school wore cub gear, it was truley disgusting, I just wanted to puke.
I feel your pain my friend:(:

SOXROX02
08-08-2004, 09:38 PM
Yeah, I just got back from a trip to Europe with abt 40 other teens and guess how many were Sox fans; not counting myself, 2. And one of them is Sandy Alomar's niece (or well hes her uncle or something, I think that means she'd be his niece then...I don't know...). I took a lot of **** from the fair weather flubby fans on the trip. The only thing that kept them back was the fact that the sox were in 1st when we left and no one had heard any different for 3 weeks... oh, and that they knew the Cubs suck...but that's common knowledge.
Oh, and did I mention I go to the same school as Cubsfansaredrunk? Yeah, they suck. I am very proud to say though that I did in fact go out with one of the very few Sox fan girls there. A very refreshing thing...sorta...
Yeah, everyone there is a poser flubby fan cuz its the popular thing to be for some reason. Well, I guess its popular to be a dumbass now.
That's me. Out.

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-08-2004, 09:46 PM
Yeah, I just got back from a trip to Europe with abt 40 other teens and guess how many were Sox fans; not counting myself, 2. And one of them is Sandy Alomar's niece (or well hes her uncle or something, I think that means she'd be his niece then...I don't know...). I took a lot of **** from the fair weather flubby fans on the trip. The only thing that kept them back was the fact that the sox were in 1st when we left and no one had heard any different for 3 weeks... oh, and that they knew the Cubs suck...but that's common knowledge.
Oh, and did I mention I go to the same school as Cubsfansaredrunk? Yeah, they suck. I am very proud to say though that I did in fact go out with one of the very few Sox fan girls there. A very refreshing thing...sorta...
Yeah, everyone there is a poser flubby fan cuz its the popular thing to be for some reason. Well, its popular to be a dumbass now.
That's me. Out.
Yes indeed he did. one of the VERY few sox fan chicks in HS. I guess you just got lucky.. I like your comment about common knowledge! verry funny (hahah)
Cant believe there were sox fans in europe tho :?: Well anywho today i was at Lake Michigan in Michigan..And i was climbing one of the sand dunes with my brother..And we saw a sox fan wearing an old school cap! We also saw some on vacation in NC and SC. Sox Fans Are Everywhere!!!!:bandance:

nitetrain8601
08-08-2004, 10:28 PM
What school do you go to CubsRDrunks? Anyway, last year I went to the same type of school, so me and my buddy just used the super awesome printer in our computer lab for Java class and printed a bunch of "Chokers", "Cubs Suck" signs with a billgoat on it. For the NLCS we made copies of the front page from when the Marlins won the WS in '97 and edited it so it said FLA defeats CHC in NLCS. It was great. Some guy wore his Marlin jersey and I just wore my Sox hat everyday proudly and made bets with people left and right. If the Cubs won the NLCS I would buy an authentic Cubs hat, and wear it for a week, if they lost, they would have to do the same with a FLA hat....only one person actually did it. It was fun looking at the depressed Cubs fans.

bigfoot
08-08-2004, 10:38 PM
Just remember, young Sox fans, Cub fans are easy to identify.

After their season is over, just look for the casts on all the broken ankles. Jumping off the bandwagon is very dangerous.

minastirith67
08-09-2004, 12:36 AM
Whenever I see a Cubs fan talking poop. I simply say "You're a Cubs fan?...........................I'm sorry.", and slowly walk away.
Talking poop? That just sounds wrong.

:?:

JB98
08-09-2004, 01:05 AM
The best thing to do is just start going, "BAAAAAAHHHH!!!" like a goat. That reminds Cub fans that their stupid franchise is cursed by a smelly farm animal. It worked wonders for me around the office during the NLCS last year. Of course, Sox fans are outnumbered like 87-4 at my company. But then again, I work for a newspaper, so that should come as no surprise. :cool:

BarbG
08-09-2004, 02:53 AM
I hear you.

My husband works at the Cub-Times. Wore his Sox jersey once and barely made it out alive. However, more and more Sox fans are coming out of the closet there since he opened the door...

The worst was my kid's math teacher last year, was going to be funny by telling them that the Cubs fans would have no homework, so all but three stood up, and assigning 50 problems to the Sox fans. Hilarious.

Then they took the whole 7th grade to the Friendly Confines for a field trip, my kid wore her Sox gear in protest. Good thing they look out for our kids and take them only to safe places...that was the day of the murder.

Aaah Cub fans, you can't live with them - you CAN'T live with them.

SOXROX02
08-09-2004, 10:36 AM

Alright, we need our battleplan for this year. I don't think posters and flyers and the like are going to go over real well with the Dean-man. Neither will physical violence, unfortunatly. Maybe if we got into a few lockers...it couldn't be that hard...especially if we know their partners...

Don't Tread on Me!

kitekrazy
08-09-2004, 11:11 AM
Maybe someday both fans realize they are not really rivals. What the Cubs do in a season should not have any impact on Sox fans.

Which rivaly do think is recognized more in NY? Red Sox/Yankees or Yankees/Mets?

I've always wonder how the Sox/Cub fued always started. My dad told me in the 50's the biggest rivalry was White Sox/Yankees.

I grew up being a Sox fan/Cub hater, but if you truely love basbeall you can't deny the Cubs have great pitching which is the best foundation to a winning organization. The Sox got away from that and now are going back to it.

You can't deny the fact that getting so close to a WS, they tried to make themselves better while JR wanted to make a team on the cheap. I heard I-Rod say he wanted to play for the Cubs, but you never hear a guy wanting to play for the Sox.

Much of it now you would have to examine yourself and ask if it's jealousy.

MarkM2112
08-09-2004, 11:49 AM
I've always wonder how the Sox/Cub fued always started. My dad told me in the 50's the biggest rivalry was White Sox/Yankees.
I always thought the rivalry started in 1906... but since I grew up on the North Side, it was difficult for me to tell... I think I really started noticing it in 1984. In '83, when the SOX were winning, the town was pretty excited, but not TOO much... In '84, when the cubs were winning, the media blitz went on FULL force, and I was wondering to myself, "Hey, why didn't the SOX get all this attention, since before 1983, no major sport in Chicago won ANYTHING since 1963..." (Not counting Der Sting, but they were hardly major in the public's eyes) and that was when the cubs took on their "cutesy" persona with Harry and all that... and started selling out the urinal on a regular basis.

JB98
08-09-2004, 11:56 AM
Maybe someday both fans realize they are not really rivals. What the Cubs do in a season should not have any impact on Sox fans.

Which rivaly do think is recognized more in NY? Red Sox/Yankees or Yankees/Mets?

I grew up being a Sox fan/Cub hater, but if you truely love basbeall you can't deny the Cubs have great pitching which is the best foundation to a winning organization. The Sox got away from that and now are going back to it.

You can't deny the fact that getting so close to a WS, they tried to make themselves better while JR wanted to make a team on the cheap. I heard I-Rod say he wanted to play for the Cubs, but you never hear a guy wanting to play for the Sox.

Jealous of what?

If I-Rod wanted to play for the Cubs so badly, then what the hell is he doing in Detroit?

MRKARNO
08-09-2004, 12:04 PM

I don't think you realize what you're getting yourself into with this comment....

OddSox
08-09-2004, 12:38 PM
Hi

Don't worry about other folk - just be proud to your own club.
and satisfy yourself that there are WhiteSox fans across the globe (like me). Their test will come when they struggle with choking again.

good luck with your studies and remember if you don't work hard at them - you'll become a thick cubs fan!

all the best from across the pond

Oddsox

DVsoxfan
08-09-2004, 12:55 PM
I feel your pain. All the stupid bandwagon jumper cub fans. I remember @ the homecoming dance, we had to cut in and announce that the cubs won their game in Fl. I thought it was the end of the world. That was the day they went up 3-1. Thank goodness they self-destructed.

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-09-2004, 02:06 PM
I feel your pain. All the stupid bandwagon jumper cub fans. I remember @ the homecoming dance, we had to cut in and announce that the cubs won their game in Fl. I thought it was the end of the world. That was the day they went up 3-1. Thank goodness they self-destructed.
wow that SUCKS ASS. Even more so if ur date is a cubs fan :o:

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-09-2004, 02:09 PM
Alright, we need our battleplan for this year. I don't think posters and flyers and the like are going to go over real well with the Dean-man. Neither will physical violence, unfortunatly. Maybe if we got into a few lockers...it couldn't be that hard...especially if we know their partners...

Don't Tread on Me!
Well since we cant really wear sox gear theres not much we can do. We just have to ingore those scrub fans and use our knowlegde of statistics to beat them back.

OEO Magglio
08-09-2004, 02:16 PM
Well since we cant really wear sox gear theres not much we can do. We just have to ingore those scrub fans and use our knowlegde of statistics to beat them back.Why can't you wear sox gear?

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-09-2004, 03:47 PM
Catholic School...Uniforms:(:

Whitesox029
08-09-2004, 10:55 PM
Right now..Im going into my sophmore year in HS. So im a preety young sox fan. Dont get me wrong..ive been to about thrity games. But Anyways...Ever since i entered into my freshman year..i had to tolerate the cubs fans. And right when we started our freshman year..thats when the cubs started doing really good. Everyone was saying to me "Where are you sox now?" Im sick and tired of that bull S***. And right now my nightmare form last year is coming back to haunt me again. Right when we start school, too. "Where are you sox now?" I hate having to tolerate that. Just thought i share my thoughts.Take it from a fellow high schooler with an extra year of experience in this. 75% of high schoolers in this area who are MLB fans are going to call themselves Cub fans. you know what you have to do? smile 'n' nod. if they say the sox suck, agree with them, and remember that, 9 times out of 10, the person you're talking to can't tell you who Leon Durham is.

ChiSox1906
08-10-2004, 08:48 AM
Last year in high school I can remember every single Cub fan wore there Cub jerseys after they won. And it got it very bad once the playoffs started because every single person would wear there jerseys. There was a huge amount of people wearing cubbie blue when they made the playoffs and beat the braves, but when they lost to the Marlins there were two people in my school of 3,000 wearing Marlins gear. No one was wearing Cubs gear and they were completely quiet. I was the one of two people walking down the hall in my Marlins jersey which I just bought. They were so quiet that day.

Whitesox029
08-10-2004, 11:19 AM
Last year in high school I can remember every single Cub fan wore there Cub jerseys after they won. And it got it very bad once the playoffs started because every single person would wear there jerseys. There was a huge amount of people wearing cubbie blue when they made the playoffs and beat the braves, but when they lost to the Marlins there were two people in my school of 3,000 wearing Marlins gear. No one was wearing Cubs gear and they were completely quiet. I was the one of two people walking down the hall in my Marlins jersey which I just bought. They were so quiet that day.I had a friend who wore one of his old baseball jerseys from when he was about 10, which was a tad small on him, but made its point...I wore one of my 15 or so White Sox shirts during the heat of the playoffs on our one non-uniform day....in a way it's good because I don't have to tolerate cubs jerseys daily.