PDA

View Full Version : What We Need Is A Good Fight...

Troupis
08-06-2004, 11:50 PM
Since the Jamie Burke vs Torii Hunter bout it feels like the whole team got run over. Maybe what we need to get us going is a good ol' fashioned dugout clearing, punch throwing, players hurting and more suspended brawl.

The fans aren't the only ones who look like they're losing hope. It feels like Manuel is around because once again our attitude is determining our altitude - both are low.

:redneck

SomebodyToldMe
08-07-2004, 12:03 AM
this brought back memories of the famous (or rather infamous) tigers brawls.

#%&ing fick.

I_Liked_Manuel
08-07-2004, 12:43 AM
schoe and judy had their chances this week when they put us out of the game in the first few innings. those would have been perfect times to take somebody's head off, but this team plain out doesnt have it. how many games in a row now (or this season for that matter) does carlos have to get knocked down to the dirt until somebody on our staff takes exception to it? at this point, you've got absolutely nothing to lose, and i mean nothing, if you pick a fight.

Troupis
08-07-2004, 01:02 AM
IN ADDITION:

Pretty soon Ozzie is going to realize that playing the Macarena in the locker room isn't going to energize the team.

I can only remember one game that Ozzie was genuinely ejected and put on a show (The Loaiza balls and strikes tirade). BUT as a new manager I expect him to try and get the fans and the team pumped up by pulling one off sometime soon in front of the home crowd. I don't know if it will work - I think at this point it will look cliche and desperate.

Oh well, I guess the Macarena in the clubhouse (and on the basepaths) will just keep on failing.

__________________________________________________ ________________

hellenicsoxfan
08-07-2004, 05:58 AM
Since the Jamie Burke vs Torii Hunter bout it feels like the whole team got run over. Maybe what we need to get us going is a good ol' fashioned dugout clearing, punch throwing, players hurting and more suspended brawl.

The fans aren't the only ones who look like they're losing hope. It feels like Manuel is around because once again our attitude is determining our altitude - both are low.

:redneckThe Burke/Hunter incident was THE time to fight. It was the time to show the Twins and the rest of the league that this is a different White Sox team - a team that was going to stand up for themselves and not take crap from anybody. Even if they didn't think it was a dirty play, one of THEIR guys took out one of OUR guys. Somebody had to step up and push back. Instead, our guys were going to dinner with them and chatting with them during batting practice. The Twins may like our guys, but they don't respect them on the field.

MikeKreevich
08-07-2004, 08:04 AM
A fight won't change a thing. The White Sox lineup was fearsome with Frank and Mags. It's mediocre now.

SOXSINCE'70
08-07-2004, 08:08 AM
A fight won't change a thing. The White Sox lineup was fearsome with Frank and Mags. It's mediocre now.
At this point,I don't even know if mediocre is a good term.I was thinking more along the terms of GODAWFUL!!!!:(: :(: :(:

ndgt10
08-07-2004, 09:08 AM
Harris had a chance last night to take out the Indians catcher in the 9th but instead he just slid into him...

Nard
08-07-2004, 09:57 AM
Harris had a chance last night to take out the Indians catcher in the 9th but instead he just slid into him...I have a big can of peaches in my storage room that weighs more than Willie.

It's better to just forget about the Hunter/Burke incident. It's without a doubt the most depressing thing of the season. It's not even a matter of MJ beaning Torii or anything... someone needed to run up and smack Torii right there and then.

misty60481
08-07-2004, 02:39 PM
I dont think we need a bench clearer but a few intimidation pitches to let them know we are here, although a bench clearer might not hurt