PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for New Fan-friendly Activities at the Cell

Vernam
08-07-2004, 12:47 AM
Like everyone else, I'm down about this 2-and-10 loss streak. Sitting at the park tonight, waiting for what seemed like the inevitable letdown, my mind wandered to what the Sox organization could now to capture the fans' imagination. To reflect back to us the uniqueness of being a Sox follower in August 2004, you know? Some icebreakers:

1. Instead of the irrational act of throwing back visiting teams' homerun balls, get fans to throw back the Sox' homerun balls.

2. Instead of Kiss Cam: Suicide Cam. Why reward people by putting them on the Jumbotron for merely smooching the wife, waving their arms or acting cute?

3. To relieve the tedium of frog/pizza/plane/pinwheel contests, have them all race backwards, just like the Sox.

Other suggestions? :whiner:

VC

he_gone_89
08-07-2004, 12:50 AM
the best Fan Friendly activity for the park:

Watching a Constantly Winning Baseball team,81 times a year

owensmouth
08-07-2004, 02:07 PM
Like everyone else, I'm down about this 2-and-10 loss streak. Sitting at the park tonight, waiting for what seemed like the inevitable letdown, my mind wandered to what the Sox organization could now to capture the fans' imagination. To reflect back to us the uniqueness of being a Sox follower in August 2004, you know? Some icebreakers:

1. Instead of the irrational act of throwing back visiting teams' homerun balls, get fans to throw back the Sox' homerun balls.

2. Instead of Kiss Cam: Suicide Cam. Why reward people by putting them on the Jumbotron for merely smooching the wife, waving their arms or acting cute?

3. To relieve the tedium of frog/pizza/plane/pinwheel contests, have them all race backwards, just like the Sox.

Other suggestions? :whiner:

VC
Russian Roulette?

Lip Man 1
08-07-2004, 02:29 PM
How about a dunking booth for charity. All money raised goes to the Chisox Kids.

Uncle Jerry will be a permanent resident of the booth so poverty will be eliminated in the city of Chicago in about four months.

Lip