PDA

View Full Version : If it was Manuel's fault last season...

Viva Magglio
08-06-2004, 10:20 PM
...whose fault is it this year? And let the record show that I was driving the...

:firejerry

...bandwagon and still believe that was the right move to make in spite of this quagmire we're in.

OEO Magglio
08-06-2004, 10:22 PM
The problem is we have a HOF and a 4 time all star on the dl.

doublem23
08-06-2004, 10:22 PM
I'm sure KW checked if you were in his corner last October, Viva. :tongue:

JB98
08-06-2004, 10:27 PM
I can't really blame Ozzie for this mess, even though I was pretty pissed at him for having Rowand bunt Burke over in the bottom of the sixth tonight. The way we're struggling right now, you can't afford to give away outs. Of course, speaking of giving away outs, we gave away our 27th out on the bases. I'd like to have a scapegoat, but the truth is it's been a total team failure these last 12 games.

cheeses_h_rice
08-06-2004, 10:28 PM
Is the ghost of Frank Thomas making the Sox make all these mental mistakes and forgetting how to hit singles and doubles?

Sorry, but I am really tired of the excuses. Every single team has to contend with injuries, and the Sox have had their share. But they've had a pretty injury-free pitching staff the entire year, and that is a huge component of a team's success.

OEO Magglio
08-06-2004, 10:33 PM
Is the ghost of Frank Thomas making the Sox make all these mental mistakes and forgetting how to hit singles and doubles?

Sorry, but I am really tired of the excuses. Every single team has to contend with injuries, and the Sox have had their share. But they've had a pretty injury-free pitching staff the entire year, and that is a huge component of a team's success.The sox have had many 1 run losses lately, every game they lost to detroit was by one run, the last game they lost against the twins was 1 run, tonight was 1 run, you don't think having Frank and Maggs would win us most of those games? If not, your nuts.

dickallen15
08-06-2004, 10:54 PM
They came back with pretty much the same core of mentally fragile players. As soon as something goes wrong, they cave in. Ozzie was supposed to make a big difference in Willie Harris. Seems the only thing he did well before was run, and the only thing he does well now is run. Ozzie was going to make all the difference in the world with Jon Garland. Garlands numbers are at or worse the levels they have been the last 3 years. This season was lost when the Sox backed down when Torii Hunter knocked down Burke. The lack of retaliation, and lack of fire since have been obvious. Even if Frank and Magglio were here, they still would be losing. There is a genuine losing mentality on this team. I thought the comeback victories earlier in the season changed that. It obviously did not. Ozzie is more Terry Bevington than Lou Piniella, but I don't think even Piniella could win with this heartless group. I was at the game tonight, and it sure looked like Robbie Alomar really didn't feel like playing . He'll fit right in.

doublem23
08-06-2004, 11:21 PM

Sorry, but I am really tired of the excuses. Every single team has to contend with injuries, and the Sox have had their share. But they've had a pretty injury-free pitching staff the entire year, and that is a huge component of a team's success.
Made up, catch phrases that don't pertain to reality like, "this team has no heart," or "this team has no chemistry," are excuses. Losing the heart of your line-up is a reason.

Brian26
08-06-2004, 11:24 PM
Carlos Lee, our number three hitter right now, looks completely lost at the plate.

South Side
08-06-2004, 11:38 PM
Carlos Lee, our number three hitter right now, looks completely lost at the plate.
The one time we needed him to fly out the other night to bring Aaron home and he couldn't do it... since then, that's about all he has been doing, flying out. I think that pretty much sums up the last 2 weeks.

RKMeibalane
08-06-2004, 11:47 PM
I don't know that anyone is really at fault for what's happened. I think this really is just a case of bad luck. When a team loses its two best players, it's not fair to expect that team to continue playing at the same level. I do think that the Sox could be winning some of these games if they would cut down on the mental mistakes, but it seems as though they've given up.

:hurt :maggs

"White Sox Baseball: Bring Your First-Aid Kit."

flo-B-flo
08-07-2004, 12:13 AM
Baseball is a team game. Yes we do miss Frank and Maggs. But minny threw 3 good games at us and swept us. What's the excuse for Valentin and Uribe's base running gaffes against minny? Two times-in the way the wonderful game of baseball provides for revenge- playing hard, we had opportunities to "get them back" ....legally, and what did our guys do? We went in like p******. Then Valentin offered up an extra out to beat us . And they did. Frank and Maggs couldn't of helped us there. Who knows if they would have made a difference batting, but I do know they wouldn't have made any difference in the way we have played absolutely stupid, bad, c** like baseball for going on 4 weeks now. DAMN THAT FEELS GOOD!!!!!!:angry: :angry: :angry:

Lip Man 1
08-07-2004, 12:20 AM
FYI:

The Sox started the season going 11-1 in one run games...they are now 17-13 in that category.

Lip

THE_HOOTER
08-07-2004, 12:38 AM
Made up, catch phrases that don't pertain to reality like, "this team has no heart," or "this team has no chemistry," are excuses. Losing the heart of your line-up is a reason.
We had that lineup last year and lost too.

We had that lineup in 2000 and lost too.

The real excuse is saying we dont have Thomas and Maggs.

It's a huge blow, but this team is way too fragile and inconsistent.

oheeoh...magglio
08-07-2004, 02:01 AM

Bingo.

The death of the 2004 season can be unfortunately blamed upon injuries.

:(:

oldcomiskey
08-07-2004, 08:42 AM
Bingo.

The death of the 2004 season can be unfortunately blamed upon injuries.

:(:
not entirely--the losses of Frank and Maggs did hurt---but they didnt walk in runners with the bases loaded and end the game--weve done that 3 times this season. Another thing that hurts too is Willie Harris inablilty to bunt--Joe Crede and Uribe et al not having good swings with two strikes. and Borchard---well dont get me started